Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

They really interviews hoffman hard about the chance to be a captains pick for the ryder cup. I felt bad that they were getting his hopes up because I don't think he has a chance. It is just too late to make a hard run at a position. Had he been hot for a couple weeks, or even for something longer than just today I think he would have a chance... but with only having one dominate round in the past several week he would be a tough pick.

I would still take Cink, because he is a proven winner on a links course

Yah he doesn't have a chance but hes a cool dude...down to earth and hes been to the bottom of the barrel.

Tiger. I'm no fan, but he's needed for the PR. He'll probably play one match, then sit.
Fowler. He's the Rory counterpart, and the world wantss to see him in slightly less ugly clothes.
Sean O'Hair. The team needs another skinny guy.
tcalloway1. First amateur ever chosen. Picked because he "knows" things about Corey Pavin.

Kevin

Could Hoffman be this years Boo at the Ryder Cup...I don't think so, but its always nice to have a couple of hot golfers heading in to that event

Tiger. I'm no fan, but he's needed for the PR. He'll probably play one match, then sit.
Fowler. He's the Rory counterpart, and the world wantss to see him in slightly less ugly clothes.
Sean O'Hair. The team needs another skinny guy.
tcalloway1. First amateur ever chosen. Picked because he "knows" things about Corey Pavin.

Kevin

intriguing! i've been texting back and forth with pave (we all call corey that in "the circle") and it seems as though i may be one too many lefty. now with bubba automatically qualifying and all.

as for me, my picks are:

tiger: b/c there's no way he won't be picked
fowler: youngster who has an awesome walker cup record and ice water in the veins
cink: he's won on a big stage over there
ZJ: too good of a putter and too precise with his clubs not to be an assett.

intriguing! i've been texting back and forth with pave (we all call corey that in "the circle") and it seems as though i may be one too many lefty. now with bubba automatically qualifying and all.

as for me, my picks are:

tiger: b/c there's no way he won't be picked
fowler: youngster who has an awesome walker cup record and ice water in the veins
cink: he's won on a big stage over there
ZJ: too good of a putter and too precise with his clubs not to be an assett.

I think I need to see more of Fowler before I would say Ice Water in the veins. I think he would be a decent pick, but I would pass on him right now. He may have the young cockiness in him to excell at the Ryder Cup like AK did in 08

I think I need to see more of Fowler before I would say Ice Water in the veins. I think he would be a decent pick, but I would pass on him right now. He may have the young cockiness in him to excell at the Ryder Cup like AK did in 08

i kind of agree but just think that there are so many other first timers on both sides that RC experience really won't play much of a role.

They really interviews hoffman hard about the chance to be a captains pick for the ryder cup. I felt bad that they were getting his hopes up because I don't think he has a chance. It is just too late to make a hard run at a position. Had he been hot for a couple weeks, or even for something longer than just today I think he would have a chance... but with only having one dominate round in the past several week he would be a tough pick.

I would still take Cink, because he is a proven winner on a links course

I was really shocked they were giving so much hype to Hoffman after 1 tournament. There is no way he should be on the team in my eyes. Nice guy but don't be so silly about his chances.

I was really shocked they were giving so much hype to Hoffman after 1 tournament. There is no way he should be on the team in my eyes. Nice guy but don't be so silly about his chances.

I agree. Need to see more consistency from the Hoff

Tiger's finish yesterday gave Pavin the green light to pick him. Not that he was going to be left out.

I reckon the other three will be Johnson, Cink and Fowler too. I don't see too many more viable options. AK needs a little longer to recover, and wouldn't help the team. Ricky Barnes perhaps, but I don't see him as strong enough. Hoffman has about zero chance if we're being optimistic.

Pavin seems to have just tweeted the Gettysburg address....

to my fellow Tweeters: Thank you for being so supportive for the past 11 months. Today, I, along with my Assistants and @thepgaofamerica, will be announcing the four remaining players to round out the 2010 Ryder Cup Team. There has been a lot of speculation on who those picks will be – and I cannot tell you how happy I am that there is so much interest, emotion and excitement about it. This is what Ryder Cup is all about and I thank you for standing behind the 2010 Ryder Cup Team. I wake up this morning - confident with these picks, confident that these four players, along with the eight who have already been named, will put us in the best position to win. These great twelve players are going to compete with much intensity and emotion. And more importantly, I know the passion will be where they need to be, with our players, the fans and of course, our great country. Good Morning and God Bless.

I am really liking how Pavin has handled everything so far, except maybe that whole Jim Gray mess but that was likely Gray being the ass clown that he is. Anyone going to tune into the coverage of his captain's picks online at rydercup.com?!?

I am for sheezy.
I am really liking how Pavin has handled everything so far, except maybe that whole Jim Gray mess but that was likely Gray being the ass clown that he is. Anyone going to tune into the coverage of his captain's picks online at rydercup.com?!?

I'll be watching from far away. He does really seem up for this.

Here are my thoughts.
I think that Cink, Tiger, and Z Johnson are locks....

The 4th pick could be between Fowler, Holmes, O'Hair, and god knows who....

I'm still taking JB Holmes...won't be long now until we find out what Pavin is thinking

Here are my thoughts.
I think that Cink, Tiger, and Z Johnson are locks....

The 4th pick could be between Fowler, Holmes, O'Hair, and god knows who....

I'm still taking JB Holmes...won't be long now until we find out what Pavin is thinking
I think you're right with the 3 locks. Now today I have a feeling that he's going to stick with Anthony Kim despite his struggles, not sure why but that's what I'm feeling right now.

ZJ Cink Tiger and Fowler. Going to be a good one!

we were all wrong...took Tiger 3rd. I'm still kind of surprised he took Fowler

Back