Optishot Simulator Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As requested, here are the pictures of the unit that arrived to THP for testing thanks to the wonderful members here. I think this one needs its own thread.

Here is the THP Review of the Optishot Simulator.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12120

1133638754_R34om-L-1.jpg

1133639120_EEiz9-L.jpg

1133639494_vB7z6-L.jpg

1133639808_7f4sM-L.jpg

Once arrived, we opened the box and found these pieces make up the unit. If purchased new, it does come with some foam balls apparently, but with test units, that is not always the case. No worries there.

Setup
Seems very easy. Install cd-rom into computer and it will install the program on your PC. This is NOT Mac compatible, so you will have to have a PC in order to use the device. I also recommend strongly checking out the specs used by the computer for the software, because you want to make sure your computer is powerful enough.

Once the software is installed you connect the USB cable to the small piece of turf as well as your computer. It instantly installs and you are ready to go.

Using the device
It recommends a dark room and I cannot tell you how important this is. DARK ROOM is a MUST!

More coming soon....

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12120

Last edited:
This looks interesting, but doesn't have it in a DARK room make it kinda hard to see the ball?

Very excited !

I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on this, JB and GG and anyone else who takes a few whacks with it.

Very interesting!!

I guess you need to invest in glow in the dark balls or something - maybe those children's bouncy balls that light up when struck.

• Admin
This looks interesting, but doesn't have it in a DARK room make it kinda hard to see the ball?

I guess you need to invest in glow in the dark balls or something - maybe those children's bouncy balls that light up when struck.

Not so far. We are not talking black like a movie theater, but closed blinds and no light on seems to help. More coming on that soon.

Very interested in this one. For the golf team at school we have a P3 Pro Swing that has a couple more sensors on the pad and to say the least I am not a huge fan of the software for it. I am also looking for something to use at home so this will be a good one for sure!!

Also, by the looks of it, you have to be a pretty darn consistent ball striker or else those sensors or whatever they are are going to end up in the wall in front of you.

Dont break a window!

I am looking forward to reading more about this and thanks for the clarification JB.

Also, by the looks of it, you have to be a pretty darn consistent ball striker or else those sensors or whatever they are are going to end up in the wall in front of you.

Being that they appear to be slightly lower than the surface, you would have to miss pretty bad to hit them.

I read about this on their website. They say that it really shouldn't be an issue.

I would like to know, when you are hitting off a tee, does the system know how high your ball is off the turf so it can properly tag fat and thin shots?

Sounds like this could be a great addition to the garage, if it works.

Not that I know anything about this but it looks like the sensors are dropped down into the hitting mat just so folks like me wouldn't smash them.

I would like to know, when you are hitting off a tee, does the system know how high your ball is off the turf so it can properly tag fat and thin shots?

Sounds like this could be a great addition to the garage, if it works.

I am adding to the list of questions to be answered during testing. Great question.

Being that they appear to be slightly lower than the surface, you would have to miss pretty bad to hit them.

Don't let SethO play with it! hehehe

Do you need adhesive reflective strips for the bottom of the clubs? I know with the P3 you need one on the clubs that dont have a shiny chrome finish

Initial thoughts on pad durability?

Pretty good so far.

Do you need adhesive reflective strips for the bottom of the clubs? I know with the P3 you need one on the clubs that dont have a shiny chrome finish

If you do, I am doing something very wrong. :act-up:

Seems interesting.. I will be eagerly looking forward to the review...

This should generate a lot of interest... looking forward to the review!

Not Mac compatible? I don't know why that surprised me, but I just figured we were past that now.

Back