Optishot Simulator Review

I wonder if it would work with parallels or FMVusion?

great product! is stat tracking possible?

I would like to know, when you are hitting off a tee, does the system know how high your ball is off the turf so it can properly tag fat and thin shots?

Sounds like this could be a great addition to the garage, if it works.

on another site i read a users review that it can't really detect fat or thin shots so much. Sensors really check for speed and if face is open or close, coming inside/out, outside/in etc... he did state that if you hit it fat the resulting lose of speed would result in lose of distance... Can't wait for THP review. For $400 I'm not expecting Flightscope results, if it can just tell me swing path, face angle etc... I think it might help keep the swing grooved over the winter.

have heard that lighting can affect swing speed/distance readings

Really excited to hear about this jb, been itching to get one but the lack of a review from.someone I trust has held me back. Looking forward to reading the review !!

Wow...looks great so far....patiently waiting on the reviews !

great product! is stat tracking possible?

More to come on this.

on another site i read a users review that it can't really detect fat or thin shots so much. Sensors really check for speed and if face is open or close, coming inside/out, outside/in etc... he did state that if you hit it fat the resulting lose of speed would result in lose of distance... Can't wait for THP review. For $400 I'm not expecting Flightscope results, if it can just tell me swing path, face angle etc... I think it might help keep the swing grooved over the winter.

have heard that lighting can affect swing speed/distance readings

I dont read other reviews before I test something, but I have to agree with what they are saying "kind of". More to come on this part definitely.

Man, I'm so glad this is finally happening!

This is a very interesting test and I too am interested to see what you say. Unfortunately I could never set it up in my house with only 8' ceilings and me being 6'3". Oh well.

Can't wait to hear THP's thoughts on this. Like many, this is something I'd be interested in if I knew I could get decent feedback.

My thoughts on this are that I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't absolutely perfect. To me, it seems to be as much an entertainment system as anything. If it were somewhat accurate and had decent playability it would probably be worth it to me. Sadly, I don't think I could use it in my house.

Pretty cool looking setup. I can't wait to hear more.

My thoughts on this are that I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't absolutely perfect. To me, it seems to be as much an entertainment system as anything. If it were somewhat accurate and had decent playability it would probably be worth it to me. Sadly, I don't think I could use it in my house.

That brings up a very interesting question. Do most consider this a game or a training aid? If it is a game, does it work at its current price point for you? If its a training aid, how accurate does it need to be?

I look at it as a training aid and I hope the accuracy is good enough to warrant that.
That is why I really wanted to hear an unbiased opinion on it before buying one.
I just wish there was some way for me to try one here in town after reading your reviews, before making the final decision on buying one or not.

That brings up a very interesting question. Do most consider this a game or a training aid? If it is a game, does it work at its current price point for you? If its a training aid, how accurate does it need to be?

To me it's kind of a combo. It certainly seems to have entertainment value to it, especially on the infomercial. As for pricepoint, I don't think it would be all that bad for a game. If I were going to buy a Wii, it would probably be almost strictly for TW use. By the time you get the game, extra controller or chicken stick the price isn't that far off. Especially when you consider that you get to swing a real club.

If it is fairly accurate, I think it could be a decent training tool as well. I don't think it has to be perfect, but it should be close.

price point would be a little high for me if it was a game....I look at it like a training aid and while I wouldn't expect it to be 'perfect', I would at least expect it to give me a pretty good enough sense for what I'm doing right or wrong.

this seems like a great time for a video of this in action. hehe

edit: I put hehe...but I am being serious, I would love to see a video of this and how it works and all that jazz

I am adding to the list of questions to be answered during testing. Great question.

I would be curious if the height of the pad relative to your feet on the floor is a significant difference to affect your swing and ball flight.

It would change your plane, but I did see that they conveniently had a mat with a sensor-mat cut-out on their website.

Would you think that something like that would be required to get accurate information?

I would be curious if the height of the pad relative to your feet on the floor is a significant difference to affect your swing and ball flight.

It would change your plane, but I did see that they conveniently had a mat with a sensor-mat cut-out on their website.

Would you think that something like that would be required to get accurate information?

Just wear thicker socks.

Not sure yet. In the perfect world, maybe. But most would adapt rather quickly I would believe and it could be a rather easy fix if needed.

Ive been thinking about buying one of these for awhile. Cant wait for the review.
The reason i havent bought one is because im not sure about it.

This looks like something that would be very good for winter golf. Depending on what it actually does.

If it's a training aid, it needs to be consistent. Accuracy is pretty important, but if it can give a consistent general idea, for $400, it might be OK. If it's more of a game, meaning it's not that acurate, you can get a Wii and a golf game for a lot less. I'd be more apt to use that David Leadbetter Wii game if this thing is not very accurate.

For $400 I wouldn't expect this thing to be dead nuts on, based on the pics I've seen so far, though it should be kinda close to be a training aid.

looks pretty cool in the infomercial

Back