Optishot Simulator Review

Yeah, I've been waiting for this review for a while.For a couple weeks I was worried it wasn't coming for some reason.

The long wait is finally over, the review will be up tomorrow.

Dang it! I'll be at school while you get to read it. Now I'm going to think about it all day. Unless my teacher goes out of the room and I get on the computer...

Dang it! I'll be at school while you get to read it. Now I'm going to think about it all day. Unless my teacher goes out of the room and I get on the computer...

I'm 28 and that makes me feel old.

Hooray for the review! :banana:

Good review. Read it before school.

Great review JB, you mentionned you had issues with swing speed would it have been possible to adjust the settings to accurately match what you had on the launch monitor? Is the sensor adjustable is what I mean!

Great review JB, you mentionned you had issues with swing speed would it have been possible to adjust the settings to accurately match what you had on the launch monitor? Is the sensor adjustable is what I mean!

If it is, I have no idea how to do it. I looked for a long while trying to figure it out, but was not seeing anything like that.

Let me add that they specifically say that if you are a person that swings down on the ball and takes a divot, you might get inconsistent results. They also say that if you play clubs such as GI irons, your results might not be as accurate either due to offset in the club head. I tried the unit with both blades and GI irons and had similar results. The results off the tee were the most "interesting" though.

Thanks, I was thinking even if you couldn't adjust SS if you adjust individual club distance it would provide more accurate results...

Thanks, I was thinking even if you couldn't adjust SS if you adjust individual club distance it would provide more accurate results...

okay. In that case, yes you can go in and change the distances. For instance, you can go in and say 200% and your club will go twice as far as before. Not exactly a simulation in the truest sense, but if one has a launch monitor that they could get exact specs from for every club, they could tune it for the most part.

Well this is a little disappointing but not unexpected. I guess we should not have expected this to be very accurate

Nice review THP. I feel that with more sensors the light issue might be a non-issue. That's too bad, I had high hopes for this one. Looks like it's price is right on with what you get; The ability to swing a full club, just don't put too much stock in the numbers it feeds back.

For the price point, I think it sounds decent. I didn't really expect you to say that it was as accurate as a launch monitor. I think it still has entertainment value and you are able to swing a real club while using it. Good info, JB.

Well this is a little disappointing but not unexpected. I guess we should not have expected this to be very accurate

I think this one falls somewhere in between a game and a simulator. Certainly more accurate than the Wii I was comparing it against. But I know the company disagrees, but this was no where near as accurate as our launch monitor. I lined them up side by side and got a reading on both with each swing. It just wasn't there.

With the sales they have had, I know that they will be coming out with a new version (software update) at the PGA Show. I am hoping it fixes many of the issues we were seeing. I know some places are just simply raving about this device and I often wonder if they have ever measured it against a launch monitor (those raving). But it was fun, and is entertaining. The light issue could be an issue for some, because it was WAY off in more lighted rooms.

If they can get the driver issues fixed, I think they will have some pretty impressive. The irons were not nearly as off as the driver and woods.

Great review JB, it seems to me most people would want to wait for Optishot to come out with version 2 so as to have a better idea of actual SS, and true direction of the shot. It looks like Optishot is really on the right track and will be in a lot of homes.

Great review as always JB. As others have mentioned was to good to think you would get the same kind of performance from this $399 kit as you would with a $3,000 or higher monitor or simulator.

I believe if this device was marketed differently, the hardcore golfers might look at it differently. However the marketing states that you will get the same performance as a high end simulator and "pinpoint accuracy", and I felt as though with those terms, it failed to deliver a little bit.

I look forward to see what Dancin Dog comes up with in the future as it truly is an innovative company.

if i had the space, i'd have one in a heartbeat. the fact that i can actually use my golf clubs is very valuable to me. i'm sure the kinks will get worked out, but the fact is, what is out there that's as affordable that allows you to use your own sticks? i'm not sure there is anything.

Yea, I have no space either. I could probably get away with irons in the living room, but I was pretty much banned from club swinging upstairs after the kid was born lol.

if i had the space, i'd have one in a heartbeat. the fact that i can actually use my golf clubs is very valuable to me. i'm sure the kinks will get worked out, but the fact is, what is out there that's as affordable that allows you to use your own sticks? i'm not sure there is anything.

I'm thinking the same thing. I currently don't have the room but down the road it could be interesting. SS isn't the most important factor so even if it is lacking a bit in that area it's still a good alternative to a launch monitor

Back