Awesome. My daughter is heartbroken we can't go this year due to a family function. It was a "family first" teaching moment but still bums me out to see her upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughters school actually moved the date back a week so I had to rebook my trip to AZ to next week, luckily I am going with a life long friend and he didn't care in the least.

We do have to miss things from time to time though and the kids do learn you don't get to/can't do everything you want to.

My son wanted a suit...so I got him a suit. He's 13 so I can only assume this is motivated by a girl...

b6f0f4522e26beafd610c5e2982fb537.jpg

Girls.....uh oh.

Was away for the weekend with the wife on a weekend getaway. Best part was knowing this beauty was waiting for us to get backResized952017030395134520.jpg

I'm excited to get back from my business trip this week. Flying to Boston late in the week with my 10 year old daughter to show her a bit of Revolutionary War history. She's really excited and I am as well.

I built a crib today. It's still in one piece.

I built the pack and play/bassinet thing. I may have put clips in a slot backwards because the little clip on thing was inside out and now they won't release, which is clearly defective.

Our son and the daughter of some family friends from school are having their first crushes on each other. There's a middle school dance in a couple of months (seems a bit much to me for 6th grade but what do I know) and there apparently is peer pressure to ask someone (have I mentioned that this seems a bit much for 6th grade?).

Last edited:
Love when the whole family get's out onto the course, so much fun to see how much fun they have!
17155871_1806640299362078_4046969804573895417_n.jpg

My son wanted a suit...so I got him a suit. He's 13 so I can only assume this is motivated by a girl...

b6f0f4522e26beafd610c5e2982fb537.jpg

Swaaaaag. Must have gotten it from his momma.

Nothing worse than a sick kid. Nothing we can do about it but comfort and let it pass.

On the positive, we had some fun with Snapchat filters.

11ca8ef50371e612eea620786f4e1395.jpg

0f5245c00d7233888c0f67a3cc0e9318.jpg

9694381d508d5cabc538948214149f70.jpg

These 2 little guys

a8b946a1aa96c7ed8fb348eacac4dd28.jpg

Now if they could sleep past 430 that would be awesome

Son decided he didn't want to wrestle his dad for the 6th year in a row for wrestle your parents night so he wrestled his little sister instead.

b938ba51df643f5945eb365b57a04249.jpg

5f5c59035618915755f47a0898b80836.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Day 4 of potty training in the books. Dry and clean underwear all day. First two days, over the weekend, couldn't keep the underwear dry. Sent him to school, and amazingly enough, he's done great. Hope we don't regress at any point ...

My wife pulled up my daughter's Instagram account and showed me some pictures of the boy she really likes. Apparently the feeling is mutual, but due to being in a strict religious household he's not allowed to date until he's 16... which he'll be in 2 months. My wife told me to prepare myself now.

I hate that kid already.

Dude, as a father of a beautiful little girl, your post just filled me with rage . What's the tax penalty if I have to use my kids' college fund for bail money?

Day 4 of potty training in the books. Dry and clean underwear all day. First two days, over the weekend, couldn't keep the underwear dry. Sent him to school, and amazingly enough, he's done great. Hope we don't regress at any point ...
Was like someone flipped a switch here. #1 was easy, #2 not so much and he would hold and hold it which is not good. All of sudden he was good to go and not looking back ("knock on wood").

My wife pulled up my daughter's Instagram account and showed me some pictures of the boy she really likes. Apparently the feeling is mutual, but due to being in a strict religious household he's not allowed to date until he's 16... which he'll be in 2 months. My wife told me to prepare myself now.

I hate that kid already.

Dude, as a father of a beautiful little girl, your post just filled me with rage . What's the tax penalty if I have to use my kids' college fund for bail money?

My daughter is 10 and is...maturing. She's as tall as an adult woman too. I caught a grown man checking her out when we were at dinner and she walked to the restroom. I confronted him, up close and personal. I'm going to need bail money and a good lawyer at some point...and possibly some suggestions for a last meal.

First attempt at night weaning my 9 month old last night.

It went...poorly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My daughter is 10 and is...maturing. She's as tall as an adult woman too. I caught a grown man checking her out when we were at dinner and she walked to the restroom. I confronted him, up close and personal. I'm going to need bail money and a good lawyer at some point...and possibly some suggestions for a last meal.

She comes to the gym with us every now and again and I've almost confronted at least 2 guys who were blatantly doing that. It's terrible.

But I'm more worried about the straight A high honors student who's devoutly religious that's about to date her. Time to go rewatch some old Al Bundy clips for some ideas.

She comes to the gym with us every now and again and I've almost confronted at least 2 guys who were blatantly doing that. It's terrible.

But I'm more worried about the straight A high honors student who's devoutly religious that's about to date her. Time to go rewatch some old Al Bundy clips for some ideas.

I won't name names but a former professional athlete I'm acquaintances with went to the extreme when his daughter started dating. He was into hunting and fishing...his daughter's date showed up to pick her up and she took him to the basement to meet her dad. He was reloading rounds for his rifle... asked the boy's name and then wrote that name on a shell, reloaded it and put it on a shelf next to other rounds he's prepared with fake names. The boy never asked for a second date.

The daughter was pissed and brought home a "bad boy". Dad met the boy on he porch and gave him a big hug, pulled him in tight and then kissed him on the lips and whispered, "Just remember, whatever you do to her, I will do to you"...

She didn't date for 4 years of high school.

While funny, I am not sure that is a good approach. I have an article saved that I will post on raising strong, confident daughters who will have such a high standard that the young idiots won't pass muster. I like that...combined with me standing here with an axe handle and an angry look.

I agree, it's fun to joke around and vent but I fully trust my daughter and her judgement. We've raised her to be confident and strong in her convictions.

Also, she's taken self defense courses and can flip me over easily and I'm 5'11" and 195. I pity any boy who dares mess with her. And I truly hope none ever will.

Parenting Thread

I agree, it's fun to joke around and vent but I fully trust my daughter and her judgement. We've raised her to be confident and strong in her convictions.

Also, she's taken self defense courses and can flip me over easily and I'm 5'11" and 195. I pity any boy who dares mess with her. And I truly hope none ever will.

I'm guessing my son and I both will be able to provide the intimidation factor if needed but I'm also know even at 10 that she's going to be quite the strong young woman.

My son will be a senior when she's a freshman and he's going to be bigger than me and I'm 6'4" / 265. He will have one year to lay the ground rules lol.

Last edited:
Was like someone flipped a switch here. #1 was easy, #2 not so much and he would hold and hold it which is not good. All of sudden he was good to go and not looking back ("knock on wood").
We've been praising him, and bribing him for every time he poop's in the potty. Fortunately Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars are cheap.

Really hoping this sticks. With a 3 month old, keeping one in diapers is enough.

Back