Ping Anser Forged Wedges

I'm not saying I have all this money, because fact is I don't. but seems if you really like a wedge and it works, you use it alot, whats the difference between buying one of these or 3 others because you cant find one you like?

Gods those are sexy.

$170 wedge? Yeah, I would. Woods/drivers cost more and get me into more trouble yet I keep paying the price on the course and in the wallet.

I might. Honestly, I might. Why not? You use them a lot right? Especially if you have a go to wedge. I'm really taking JB's advice of picking a wedge and hitting multiple shots to heart. I spend $400 on a driver and $200 on a putter.

Whilst I see what you're saying, wedges wear out faster for me than any other club. I typically replace mine ever 2 seasons or so, whereas I don't with a putter or a driver.

Whilst I see what you're saying, wedges wear out faster for me than any other club. I typically replace mine ever 2 seasons or so, whereas I don't with a putter or a driver.

When I wear out the sweetspot I just move to another part of the clubface.....

But good point. There are some of us who switch putters and drivers often though haha.

When I wear out the sweetspot I just move to another part of the clubface.....

This is all that needs to be said.

Thoughts from everybody on the price tag of $169 for wedges?
Would you pay that kind of money?

Probably not

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Wow, those actually look sweet. I've never disliked Ping clubs, but never was a fan until the last few years. They are really starting to put out clubs that fit my eye perfectly. Maybe soon I will even try gaming some Ping..

I'm pretty sure I would not. I would love to try the Anser irons, but not at the current new price.

Absolutely but the difference in cost in Canada isn't perhaps as much. Standard wedges are $139 to $149 anyways so the extra $20 isn't a big deal. It's espcially not a big deal say if you want to put Spinners in say Jaws. Now that you've added the shaft, grip and install cost we're above the price of the Anser with the Spinner as stock.

I'm interested in seeing how these play on the course. They list as a mid bounce option (10 degrees on most) but discuss how they've narrowed the sole to help get under the ball on hardpan and such. If it actually works as advertised, could be a neat wedge.

And to think I was headed to the local shop to eye down those Clevelands!!! May have an different stance now that I see these! WOW!

Absolutely but the difference in cost in Canada isn't perhaps as much. Standard wedges are $139 to $149 anyways so the extra $20 isn't a big deal. It's espcially not a big deal say if you want to put Spinners in say Jaws. Now that you've added the shaft, grip and install cost we're above the price of the Anser with the Spinner as stock.

I'm interested in seeing how these play on the course. They list as a mid bounce option (10 degrees on most) but discuss how they've narrowed the sole to help get under the ball on hardpan and such. If it actually works as advertised, could be a neat wedge.

Great point about paying that amount if you definitely wanted the spinners - just about the same or maybe saving a tad by the time it is all said and done. Is it just these and the Mizzy MP T-11's that are stock with the spinners?

I bet it plays really nice, I'm not a fan of the looks at all. Love the spinner shaft as standard though, and if it plays well, I'd game it.

I was looking for this thread yesterday and couldn't find it...Glad someone brought it back up. I ordered a 52 and 56 yesterday in the Anser Wedge. Green Dot, half inch over with the DG Spinners. Been playing the Ping Tour S since it came out. Looking forward to giving these a try.

I would absolutely buy these. I love my Tour S wedges, but I will have to swing these before I renew my wedge set with more Tour S's.

I have to say, I usually love Ping products, but these wedges don't wow me. Not too sure on the look of it. I think I prefer the new Mizunos or Clevelands. Good shaft though, and good to see so much positive feedback. I'd love to hear how they play from any THP'ers that get them because maybe they can convince me to consider looking at these.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

This was the only ping club I gave a shot this year...First off the price knocked them down to the bottom of my list. The back is simple and looks thick in these pictures but it really isnt. When I was at address it was just having a normal iron in my hand which was good for fairway shots but out of the sand and rough I just didnt like it. Overall a good wedge but I couldnt spend that much on a wedge that I would wear out in a year.

Cool thing though was the tungsten weight on the toe (it did mess with shots I tried hit off the toe) helping expand the sweet spot more. I liked the softness on the full shots but it wasnt too soft close to the green. Obviously the shaft is awesome and does a great job.

Not for me, and especially not for that price

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

sweet looking wedges.......

so these have spinners and the S Tours have KBS hi-Revs in them? PING may have the best standard wedge offerings out there now.

I was thinking the exact same thing!! These are pretty sweet looking too

Kinda steep for a wedge...but if you really wanted the DG spinners then it might be worth it.

Good look, simple yet interesting. I like.

I like the look of these at address. I look forward to an in depth review.

Some seriously sweeeeet looking wedges from Ping. Unfortunately, too rich for my blood.

Back