Ping G20 Driver & Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few threads with early thoughts, but I thought we would start a new one with a video unboxing of the new driver as well as some early thoughts. This will be the thread we update throughout the testing and a great thread for everybody to keep their thoughts and reviews in as they try out this driver.

PING G20 Sound
[video=youtube;QVtSS-FL8e0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtSS-FL8e0[/video]

PING K15 Sound

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to your thoughts on this guy jb.

Finally some love for the G20? :blob:

I wish they made a G20 with an open face. Last I have hit was the g10 and I loved it. I think it would do well.

<3 Hello Ellie..

There are a few threads with early thoughts, but I thought we would start a new one with a video unboxing of the new driver as well as some early thoughts. This will be the thread we update throughout the testing and a great thread for everybody to keep their thoughts and reviews in as they try out this driver.

Nice looking driver. I can't wait to hear everybody's thoughts about this driver. Ping really brings some great equipment to the table.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. It seems like the Ping drivers always perform. I wish the had some adjustably and I think the shaft choices are going to be an issue for me as I fell in love with the Miyazaki shaft I am currently using.

I do like the shape of the driver a bit more than in the pictures. Is the face a little closed? It appears closed at address.

I had the opportunity to check this out in person and hit it on a LM recently. I really liked the look of the entire club; especially at address. I did not get better LM numbers than anything else I was testing that day so did not end up purchasing it but my dad did buy one on Sunday so I am going to hit it on Saturday on the course and see what I think because I have a difficult time judging something based on LM data alone. Looking forward to how this compares against the Razr Hawk & Z-Star, etc in your opinion.

Looks good JB, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts / impressions on the back weighting once you take it for a drive. Would it be possible to post a pic of the balance point as it rests on your finger?

• Admin
I do like the shape of the driver a bit more than in the pictures. Is the face a little closed? It appears closed at address.

It might be slightly. But its more the way it is set down. It does not look all that closed at address to me.

Nice . Look forward to what you think after playing it..

I like the look of the G20 and definitely want to give one a swing. Looking forward to your thoughts.

John Deere Tappin...

I like the looks of it. I wasn't crazy about the looks of the K15, but man with the right shaft that club just performed well when I hit it. Looking forward to giving this a shot. I wish PING would change their stock shafts.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this driver, I liked the K15 a lot when I hit it at THP Demo Days and based on the looks and what I've seen so far this should be a solid driver. Have fun with the testing.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this. This club has really intrigued me and is high on my list as a possible purchase. I would really like to know how this compares to the Razr Hawk.

A buddy of mine was just fit for this. Seems to be quite the bomber!

I am really looking forward to this review. I currently have the G15 and am very pleased with it. Would like to know how the G20 compares to the G15.

Can't wait to hear what you think because I hit it and loved it. That was only a few times and it could be different outside the store

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'm not generally a fan of the Ping "look," but I rather like this driver! Can't wait to hear more about it!

I want! Love the look of this driver and am hearing a lot of great comments on some of the latest Ping offerings. I've hit a few Ping products, but yet to own anything from them, guess I'll have to get on the monitor soon.

Never been a fan of ping, don't have a good reason, but excited for this review

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Nice video guys (and ellie!), personally I don't mind the look but I don't love it. The headcover seems nice oddly enough... I hit the g15 and k15 a few times, really liked the g15 a lot. If the higher balance point helps and it is a cross between the two I could see that working out very well. But I just don't love the look of it... Not that it really matters all that much though because it is on the sole of the club and you certainly don't see that at address. The alignment aide certainly seems to be better than the little arrow or dot too.

My closest local pro shop actually is a Ping dealer. He has more Ping stuff than anything. I'm looking at trying one out the next time I'm over that way! I've always liked the Ping equipment, I actually had a set of Ping Zings earlier in my life.

Nice video JB! I couldn't tell if Ellie approved of it or not, but I look forward to your review.

Back