I just got home from watching this movie.
It wasn't bad, but it sure had some scenes inspired (or stolen) from the Alien series.

Isn't it part of the series? Pre aliens?

I just got home from watching this movie.
It wasn't bad, but it sure had some scenes inspired (or stolen) from the Alien series.

It's a prequel dude lol of course it does.

Didn't he make Robin Hood? That was freaking lame

Scott has been involved in some turds for sure.

This was a good movie but left a lot unexplained. I need more people to see it and share what they thought.

This was a good movie but left a lot unexplained. I need more people to see it and share what they thought.

Left a lot unexplained meaning sequal or left a lot unexplained as in holes in the script?

I won't see it until it gets the Kmac seal of approval. Is it a go see at least?

Chunky it's worth going to see for sure. It's visually impressive and well done for the most part.

But I will say it was both holes in the script and sequels. I'd like if they had explained a bit more about some of the stuff going on.

Chunky it's worth going to see for sure. It's visually impressive and well done for the most part.

But I will say it was both holes in the script and sequels. I'd like if they had explained a bit more about some of the stuff going on.

I was waiting for you to say this! I'm a huge aliens fan and want to see this. Does the beast make a cameo

Good to hear kmac. I'm gonna see this quicker than I saw the avengers and ate my first taco locos!

I was interested in this until I found it was an Aliens prequel. Hated those movies and than man chick that was in them.

:disappointed:

--
Tapatalk2

I was interested in this until I found it was an Aliens prequel. Hated those movies and than man chick that was in them.

:disappointed:

--
Tapatalk2

Cigarney weaver....she made the movies...hehe

Just saw this. I thought it was feaking epic. It sure did entertain me for 2 hrs. Worth every cent of the $17.50 I spent.

I hate the ending though. Sort of lame. And I agree with Kmac. Lots left unexplained. Some very random stuff in there.

This move was OK. It retconned quite a few elements from the "Aliens" story line. In fact, it generated more questions than it answered. All in all, a decent movie, but nothing I would call groundbreaking.

This move was OK. It retconned quite a few elements from the "Aliens" story line. In fact, it generated more questions than it answered. All in all, a decent movie, but nothing I would call groundbreaking.

Great in depth review. Thanks for your opinion.

Kevin

Great in depth review. Thanks for your opinion.

Kevin

You're welcome.

FYI - I found the movie that your quoting in your signature much more interesting. Of course, it had the benefit of not being tied to any preceding movies.

I haven't seen the movie, but the siren that is used in the commercials is creepy as hell!

btw, what movie are you quoting Esox?

Saw Prometheus yesterday with my wife. We liked it but both felt that it fell short of being a "great" movie.

I think it's because it tried to be a "big questions" sci-fi movie (Blade Runner) and a horror sci-fi movie (Alien) at the same time and didn't quite clear the bar on either count.

However, it was a good ride and there is some really great stuff in it so grab some popcorn and enjoy.

PS: The lead actress is the same woman who played Lizbeth Salander in the Swedish versions of the Steig Larson "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" films. If you haven't seen those, they're on Netflix. Watch them. She's very good.

Yeah I was sort of disappointed that there wasn't more scary parts. Only really a few that I can recall.

PS: The lead actress is the same woman who played Lizbeth Salander in the Swedish versions of the Steig Larson "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" films. If you haven't seen those, they're on Netflix. Watch them. She's very good.

Her name is Noomi Rapace.

You're welcome.

FYI - I found the movie that your quoting in your signature much more interesting. Of course, it had the benefit of not being tied to any preceding movies.

Oh no. You're not serious. That movie is terrible. The quote is a joke.

I haven't seen the movie, but the siren that is used in the commercials is creepy as hell!

btw, what movie are you quoting Esox?

Indepence day.

Kevin

Oh no. You're not serious. That movie is terrible. The quote is a joke.

Kevin

Of course "Independence Day" was cliched and corny (especially that rah rah speech given by the President of the United States before he led the air assault against the alien saucer approaching Area 51). Still, I found it more entertaining than "Prometheus".

To your point, it's more that I found "Prometheus" a bad movie than I found "Independence Day" a good movie. It's all relative.

ID had Goldblum. No movie with him canbe called good. Hell, he ruined Jurassic Park.

Kevin

ID had Goldblum. No movie with him canbe called good. Hell, he ruined Jurassic Park.

Kevin

He ruined Independ...never. Ind. that was bad to begin with haha

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

He ruined Independ...never. Ind. that was bad to begin with haha

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Just terrible. Like The Day After Tommorrow terrible.

Imo of course.

Kevin

Back