ID had Goldblum. No movie with him canbe called good. Hell, he ruined Jurassic Park.

Kevin

LOL. No disagreement there.

Although I thought Goldblum was perfectly cast for the remake of "The Fly" LOL.

This movie was not good. Darkly beautiful. Great special effects and cinematography. Just not a good story. Close, though. But only close. Instead of charting a new direction, they went with the obvious. Instead of letting the audience figure it out for themselves, they told them what was happening. Every twist of this movie I saw coming from miles away. I hate movies that pander or are preachy, this movie was both of those.

Prometheus was the Titan who stole fire from the gods and in their rage the gods sentenced Prometheus to eternity of an eagle ripping out his entrails every day. In this case, Prometheus' sentence is that it sucks balls.

ID had Goldblum. No movie with him canbe called good. Hell, he ruined Jurassic Park.

Kevin

He ruined Independ...never. Ind. that was bad to begin with haha

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Just terrible. Like The Day After Tommorrow terrible.

Imo of course.

Kevin

You guys are all high. ID was awesome. It's a brainless summer blockbuster with the Fresh Prince. Don't expect Oscars.

Does Fassbender show his Magneto dong in this? If so I'm not going. :D

This movie was not good. Darkly beautiful. Great special effects and cinematography. Just not a good story. Close, though. But only close. Instead of charting a new direction, they went with the obvious. Instead of letting the audience figure it out for themselves, they told them what was happening. Every twist of this movie I saw coming from miles away. I hate movies that pander or are preachy, this movie was both of those.

Prometheus was the Titan who stole fire from the gods and in their rage the gods sentenced Prometheus to eternity of an eagle ripping out his entrails every day. In this case, Prometheus' sentence is that it sucks balls.

How does a movie go from being "close though, but only close" to "sucks balls"? Seems like a large gap there.

Last edited:
Going to see this today. I will post thoughts later.

How does a movie go from being "close though, but only close" to "sucks balls"? Seems like a large gap there.

The storyline, conceptually, was close. Regardless, there are lots of movies with great storylines that suck due to editing, pacing, cinematography, etc. and lots of movies with bad stories that are entertaining - it doesn't seem like such a large gap to say what I did. Overall, I didn't think it was entertaining, it was plodding, slow and for the most part, obvious.

Now to be fair, there were some things I liked, and maybe my expectations were so high as to be unreasonable - I was very disappointed, and thus the rating of "sucks balls."

I personally found it to be outstanding, a true paradigm of it's genre.

1. The cinematography was second to NONE.
2. The character development was wonderful.
3. The story was taut, fast paced, and kept me yarning for more.
4. It was scary enough, but not a typical horror fest.
5. It was the best implementation of 3D I have ever seen.

Any movie that makes you want to sew is A+ in my book

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I agree about the cinematography and 3D JR, but I didn't think it was scary at all. Really only 1, maybe 2, scary parts that I remember.

Back