Rainbow Cookies Are the Best Cookies

that is not a cookie, i don't care what it's called. looks ok, but i'd guess i'd prefer to have an actual cookie.

that is not a cookie, i don't care what it's called. looks ok, but i'd guess i'd prefer to have an actual cookie.
It is a cookie and in hand its clearly a cookie.
What makes something a cookie?

I hate cake with fruit, jam or similar in it. If you take that out it looks like good cake.

Well, I've never even heard of these before. If I ever see one, I'm going to try for sure.

I've never had one, but I'm now looking online for a bakery that has them to give them a try. Hard to beat a good chocolate chip cookie though....

It is a cookie and in hand its clearly a cookie.
What makes something a cookie?

The main difference between cookies and cakes lies in the ingredients used to make them. Cakes are usually made with flour, eggs, sugar, and butter or oil, while cookies often use flour, sugar, butter, or margarine

It's sometimes called seven-layer cookie because of the seven layers of ingredients: dark chocolate, green almond cake, jelly, white almond cake, jelly, red almond cake, and dark chocolate. "Each layer is made with almond paste, butter, eggs, sugar and flower, and the layers are set with dark chocolate,"

The main difference between cookies and cakes lies in the ingredients used to make them. Cakes are usually made with flour, eggs, sugar, and butter or oil, while cookies often use flour, sugar, butter, or margarine

It's sometimes called seven-layer cookie because of the seven layers of ingredients: dark chocolate, green almond cake, jelly, white almond cake, jelly, red almond cake, and dark chocolate. "Each layer is made with almond paste, butter, eggs, sugar and flower, and the layers are set with dark chocolate,"
@JB can you please send @McLovin a CAPTCHA to make sure he isn't running his account with ChatGPT?

Those things are seriously good. Not sure I'd call them the best but they are right up there. How have people not tried these? They come in so many holiday cookie platters also.

THey are all over big cities. NY, New England, CHicago, Cleveland, FL, and even in many places such as LV, LA, etc.
Those that have not seen them, might not be looking for them or don't venture out of their comfort zone haha
Not much Italian influence around here... German/European, Asian, and Mexican influences on most of our choices. If the sign says "bakery", and it's in C Springs, I've been to it :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: J4U
@JB can you please send @McLovin a CAPTCHA to make sure he isn't running his account with ChatGPT?
Too many steps, he is using google, and its not accurate. Many cookies are made with eggs.

Second reason it is not the best.

1685985155342.png

I’m sure they are good but that looks like cake to me. I mean just bc it has cookie in the name doesn’t mean it’s a cookie. Lol

I would have to agree. Nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie.
Nothing beats my grandma's chocolate chip cookies. There are few things in life I won't share... when I bring a bag of cookies home from her house, I hide them and keep them for myself :ROFLMAO:

Not a cookie. It's a thickish layer cake.😬

Chocolate chip with Macadamia nuts from scratch from our oven, still warm - nothing else comes close.

I guess yours are not the same as the ones I have seen. I like most cookies, so those would be edible (no question), just not Chocolate Chip/Macadamia:p MMmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I’ve never seen or heard of these before so I can neither confirm or deny that they are a cookie and if so are they the best. If I knew where to get one near me I’d try it out….for science you know.

They are literally served on a tray with other COOKIES in an Italian cookie tray, placed in the COOKIE counter/display of an Italian bakery, have the name COOKIE in them, and are bite size like a COOKIE, but ok, they aren't a cookie. I especially like the people who have never tried them or seen them denying their cookie status. To each their own, but to me they are a cookie.

I've seen these, but don't think I've ever actually had one, so I'm calling it a cake 🤣. Wikipedia calls it a cake and we all know wikipedia is 100% fact.

Rainbow cookie or rainbow cake usually refers to a three-layered almond-flavored Italian-American cookie, but can also refer to any of a number of rainbow-colored confections.[1][2]

Composition[edit]
Rainbow cookies are typically composed of layers of brightly colored, almond-based sponge cake (usually almond paste/marzipan), apricot and/or raspberry jam, and a chocolate coating.[3] Commonly referred to as a "cookie," their composition is closer in many ways to a layered cake or petit four. The original rainbow cookie featured layers with colors representing the Italian flag: white, red and green.[4] However, there may be variations in the color of the rainbow cookie's layers, whether for particular holidays, or other events.

I've seen these, but don't think I've ever actually had one, so I'm calling it a cake 🤣. Wikipedia calls it a cake and we all know wikipedia is 100% fact.

Rainbow cookie or rainbow cake usually refers to a three-layered almond-flavored Italian-American cookie, but can also refer to any of a number of rainbow-colored confections.[1][2]

Composition[edit]
Rainbow cookies are typically composed of layers of brightly colored, almond-based sponge cake (usually almond paste/marzipan), apricot and/or raspberry jam, and a chocolate coating.[3] Commonly referred to as a "cookie," their composition is closer in many ways to a layered cake or petit four. The original rainbow cookie featured layers with colors representing the Italian flag: white, red and green.[4] However, there may be variations in the color of the rainbow cookie's layers, whether for particular holidays, or other events.
Rainbow Cake and Rainbow cookies are two different things.

Back