JF

Reaction score
Who's into rap music and who are your favorite rappers?

*raises hand*

Mainstream stuff: Talib Kweli, Nas, some Eminem, some Jay Z, some Kanye...even if he is an a$$, I love some of his beats.

Non-mainstream: Atmosphere (White rapper from Minnesota that goes by the name of Slug - my sis has toured and sung with them...good stuff.), Brother Ali, Eyedea & Abilities, Blueprint, Ghostface, MF Doom, P.O.S., I Self Devine

Who's into rap music and who are your favorite rappers?

I enjoy Country / Techno & Rock but my alltime most favoirite bands " Atmosphere " Although it's more Hip Hop

Also enjoy Kid Cudi & Dirt Nasty

Last edited:
I enjoy Country / Techno & Rock but my alltime most favoirite bands " Atmosphere " Although it's more Hip Hop

Another Atmosphere fan, cool! And yes, it's a bit more hip-hop than rap...

Mainstream: Lupe Fiasco. His lyrics are so deep and meaningful to me, I never get tired of any of the songs, except the trash with Trey Songs on LASERS, Eminem, great beats, great lyrics. I don't exactly relate to them but I feel I get a lot out of them. I like Jay-Z and Kanye when they are rapping with wholesome lyrics, I really dislike the sex and drugs and money is everything songs. Most of the stuff on the Top 40 Radio I like.

Non-mainstream: Few white boys I like, Aesop Rock, possibly the deepest lyrics ever written by a human, Chuckie Campbell, some OFWGKTA.

Another Atmosphere fan, cool! And yes, it's a bit more hip-hop than rap...

Hahaha right on! We posted that at the same time. I went to them in Vancouver this year it was a awesome concert! Got to meet them too

Talib Kweli, Common, some Jay-Z, some Kanye, some Eminem, Outkast, that sorta stuff. Love The Roots too.

Hahaha right on! We posted that at the same time. I went to them in Vancouver this year it was a awesome concert! Got to meet them too

I got to meet them when my sister, Mankwe was touring with them singing. She's even on a couple of their tracks. You should check out all of the Rhymesayers record label...a lot of great stuff there.

Mainstream: Lupe Fiasco. His lyrics are so deep and meaningful to me, I never get tired of any of the songs, except the trash with Trey Songs on LASERS, Eminem, great beats, great lyrics. I don't exactly relate to them but I feel I get a lot out of them. I like Jay-Z and Kanye when they are rapping with wholesome lyrics, I really dislike the sex and drugs and money is everything songs. Most of the stuff on the Top 40 Radio I like.

Non-mainstream: Few white boys I like, Aesop Rock, possibly the deepest lyrics ever written by a human, Chuckie Campbell, some OFWGKTA.

Agreed on the sex and drugs. Not my thing in rap or hip hop either. I forgot Lupe - great stuff. And Aesop Rock is boss as well. The Roots and Common are also great artists (thanks, JR).

Talib Kweli, Common, some Jay-Z, some Kanye, some Eminem, Outkast, that sorta stuff. Love The Roots too.

I forgot OutKast. I like them too.

Seems like everyone is changing their name to something simpler now. How do I do that? I'll let it be a surprise what I shorten it to...

I forgot OutKast. I like them too.

Seems like everyone is changing their name to something simpler now. How do I do that? I'll let it be a surprise what I shorten it to...

T.I? Would be on topic with the Rap thread.... :D

You just have to PM GolferGal with whatever name you want to change to.

Pad the circles 'round your life
To capture all the sides you sight
Magic tricks where skeptics sink
The ice is thin, stay off the lake
Waiting for a clock to punch
Wish I could breathe and stop for lunch
If I stop to count the leaves on only one of these here trees
Not sure that I know what's pure
Born to kill the insecure
Some respect, some resent, some remain from start to end
Wear my heart on my short sleeves
I'm stuck out here, I lost my keys
From the roof I watch the street
And pray for those that's caught beneath

I can say I've probably never heard better than this right here. I'll Be OK - Aesop Rock

Jay-Z, Kanye, Nas, T.I., and Eminem are what I listen to now. Not a huge rap fan now, but these are the artists I listen to most now.

In my younger years, I loved Mobb Deep, DMX and Noreaga.

Listen to more rap than anything else.

Lately, I've been really listening to a lot of Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole..I thought Common's new album was crazy good. Always support the Pittsburgh boy and listen to Wiz (and pretend that Rolling Papers never really happened). Lupe is a regular listen (again, I just pretend that LASERS didn't happen). Love Jay and Kanye. I thought Pusha T put out a great one with 'Fear of God' in 2011. I'm up and down on Wale. Thought 'Ambition' was really solid.

Personal favorite from 2011? Definitely Section.80 - I think it was the album of the year.

Forgot about Frank Ocean. One of my favorites in 2011 as well.

Steel Tappin'

I have actually changed my name twice. My original was "aggro".

Lately, I've been really listening to a lot of Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole..I thought Common's new album was crazy good. Always support the Pittsburgh boy and listen to Wiz (and pretend that Rolling Papers never really happened). Lupe is a regular listen (again, I just pretend that LASERS didn't happen). Love Jay and Kanye. I thought Pusha T put out a great one with 'Fear of God' in 2011. I'm up and down on Wale. Thought 'Ambition' was really solid.

Personal favorite from 2011? Definitely Section.80 - I think it was the album of the year.

Steel Tappin'

Wiz is good, Rolling Papers was OK... some (Get Your Sh*t, etc...) were terrible. Young Wild and Free is probably my fave song right now...

LASERS was amazing. Some parts were dumb because of the stupid record labels.

Jay-Z, Wale, Kanye, Joe Budden, Aquemini Outkast, Biggie Smalls, Lupe, etc..

Huge Jay fan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

One of my favorites is Tech N9ne

Jay-Z, Kanye, Nas, T.I., and Eminem are what I listen to now. Not a huge rap fan now, but these are the artists I listen to most now.

In my younger years, I loved Mobb Deep, DMX and Noreaga.

What what what what what wh what! Noreaga. Haven't heard from him in a...well, since that song. No one mentioned Gang Star! Or Common, KRS one. He was good back in the day!

NWA and Public Enemy. I'm old school.

Kevin

Steel Tappin'

Wale is way solid. However, he's more mainstream. I have about 10 mixtapes from him and his mixtape game is bonkers. I am from Richmond and saw him ib DC before he was big. Kid has alot of talent.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I feel I should throw Kid Cudi into the mix. Some of the messages are wrong, but the deeper meaning is great.

RUN DMC, Ice Cube, Onyx, NWA, Cypress Hill used to be my favs

Back