Ryan Braun tests positive.

I think its funny to be honest...whenever someone has career numbers this is the first thing to come up.

I think its funny to be honest...whenever someone has career numbers this is the first thing to come up.
What are you saying exactly?

What are you saying exactly?

Its become so common in baseball that everyone seems to suspect steroids right away. I know I assumed he was taking something so this isnt a huge surprise to me now.

Its become so common in baseball that everyone seems to suspect steroids right away. I know I assumed he was taking something so this isnt a huge surprise to me now.
But he tested positive for it! And if it has become so common, and these players know they are going to be tested, how stupid are these guys?

But he tested positive for it! And if it has become so common, and these players know they are going to be tested, how stupid are these guys?

Exactly why its no surprise lol. They are very stupid but its all about the $ and the only way to compete is to take something these days. If you dont put up numbers you dont get paid.

I think we may see this with Pujols next. I hope not though. I can't believe Braun did this. Pretty embarrassing for him and the Brew-Crew.

If it comes up that Pujols is on the juice, baseball may implode.

One thing I'm curious about is why baseball thinks it's a good idea to have French Canadians do the final testing. Like they're trustworthy.

Kevin

One thing I'm curious about is why baseball thinks it's a good idea to have French Canadians do the final testing. Like they're trustworthy.

Kevin

Hahaha +1

meh no big deal,hell my grandma's probally juicin.

I don't follow baseball much but I am interested in hearing the complete story. Supposedly he will be cleared but I want to find out why.

I don't follow baseball much but I am interested in hearing the complete story. Supposedly he will be cleared but I want to find out why.

If he is, he'll be the first.

Kevin

I blame Brett Favre.

Kevin

Just heard this a bit ago, what a shame. Pretty much with baseball, it seems that if someone has a good year, you can pretty much guarantee they are on PED's.
Anytime I look at it from that standpoint I always revert back to my respect of Jim Thome and his ability to hit without PED's. If the accusation isn't reversed this is going to be a huge hit for baseball. This next generation of "clean" power hitters will be tarnished if one of the biggest and most popular young stars are using PED's.

I say they just make steroids legal, but push back the fences 200 feet.

I say they just make steroids legal, but push back the fences 200 feet.

Troof. Wonder how far someone could legit hit one full throttled on steroids. I was in Atlanta earlier this year watching Josh Hamilton take BP, and I swear that dude can hit a baseball 500 feet right now. I wouldn't put it past him. That homerun he hit in the Derby either a year or two ago (forgot which one) that hit off the very top sign was just ridiculous.

This upsets me a lot. I really liked him, but this makes it hard too. He should give up the MVP award now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wow. I sure hope this ends up being a false positive. Although to charge the reigning NL MVP with that I doubt it. Take that MVP award and give it to Matt Kemp.

ah well....Matt Kemp should have gotten the MVP anyway, unless ofcourse he is also juicing...

It appears as though more facts are coming out now. As noted he popped for both samples in early October. He was then notified weeks later (2 weeks later is what we are hearing) and demanded another test. Passed that other test. So there are 2 theories possible at this time.

1. Those 1st two samples tested were false.
2. In the 2 weeks time that had passed, the "stuff" left his system and he was able to retake the test cleanly.

If in fact it is true that 2 full weeks had passed in between tests, I would find it very hard to believe the credibility of the 1st 2 samples being false positives. Its sad that that is the state of my mental thoughts in regards to this, but the truth is, he is just like every other player that has been popped. Deny it, hope it can be appealed and then deal with it. Its wrong to feel the negative so quickly in these, but the sport has done that to me as a sports fan.

It appears as though more facts are coming out now. As noted he popped for both samples in early October. He was then notified weeks later (2 weeks later is what we are hearing) and demanded another test. Passed that other test. So there are 2 theories possible at this time.

1. Those 1st two samples tested were false.
2. In the 2 weeks time that had passed, the "stuff" left his system and he was able to retake the test cleanly.

If in fact it is true that 2 full weeks had passed in between tests, I would find it very hard to believe the credibility of the 1st 2 samples being false positives. Its sad that that is the state of my mental thoughts in regards to this, but the truth is, he is just like every other player that has been popped. Deny it, hope it can be appealed and then deal with it. Its wrong to feel the negative so quickly in these, but the sport has done that to me as a sports fan.

Very true and we are as well products of our environments. We saw with our own eyes, the false records and performances for the better part of a decade (probably significantly longer). That being said, I feel like it is more than acceptable to have this sense of dread or negative expectation or outlook. We as fans are ultimately dictated and directed by the culture of the sports that we follow. Each and every single one of us has been burned by a sport we love and now have some sort of tainted memory.

Well there goes all hope for the clean younger generation of baseball.

Do false positives happen often in baseball?
That's what's always claimed by the player. But of course that's SOP for any athlete who tests positive. You have to deny it before everyone finds out it's true.

Back