Ryan Braun tests positive.

It appears as though more facts are coming out now. As noted he popped for both samples in early October. He was then notified weeks later (2 weeks later is what we are hearing) and demanded another test. Passed that other test. So there are 2 theories possible at this time.

1. Those 1st two samples tested were false.
2. In the 2 weeks time that had passed, the "stuff" left his system and he was able to retake the test cleanly.

If in fact it is true that 2 full weeks had passed in between tests, I would find it very hard to believe the credibility of the 1st 2 samples being false positives. Its sad that that is the state of my mental thoughts in regards to this, but the truth is, he is just like every other player that has been popped. Deny it, hope it can be appealed and then deal with it. Its wrong to feel the negative so quickly in these, but the sport has done that to me as a sports fan.

Yep. It depends on what exactly he was taking, of course, but 2 weeks is MORE than enough time for most to leave your system. They know this and that is why they use specific things with short acting esters. Any oral and any acetate or propionate will be out of your system with 2 weeks. False positive my azz...his system was clear by the time he had the re-test.

It appears as though more facts are coming out now. As noted he popped for both samples in early October. He was then notified weeks later (2 weeks later is what we are hearing) and demanded another test. Passed that other test. So there are 2 theories possible at this time.

1. Those 1st two samples tested were false.
2. In the 2 weeks time that had passed, the "stuff" left his system and he was able to retake the test cleanly.

If in fact it is true that 2 full weeks had passed in between tests, I would find it very hard to believe the credibility of the 1st 2 samples being false positives. Its sad that that is the state of my mental thoughts in regards to this, but the truth is, he is just like every other player that has been popped. Deny it, hope it can be appealed and then deal with it. Its wrong to feel the negative so quickly in these, but the sport has done that to me as a sports fan.

It's sad but the sport has made us this way. I was hoping he'd maybe taken a pre-workout pill/powder because most have a synthetic testosterone but that would still be labeled as a PED, and he'd still be as guilty as he will be after the appeal process. He should have taken the Andy Pettite route and admitted to it and been forgiven by the baseball populus a lot sooner.

You'd think these guys would learn they aren't going to get away with it anymore. I understand he said he didn't know he took something with it in it but as an athlete you should know. If anyone knows anything about how strict the PGA was youd be amazed.

Tapaway!

Good! I hate the brewers lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

This is too bad. As a baseball player myself, I think its pretty sad to cheat like this.

Back