sand wedge poll

• Total voters

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
What loft do you have on your sand wedge?

Where is the poll for this poll?

Well I use a 55* TM Burner SW and also a CG10 57*.

I have two, CG14 and ATV, both are 56*.

I guess my 54 is techically my sand wedge and my 58 is my lob. I've started using the 58 out of the sand though.

I guess my 54 is techically my sand wedge and my 58 is my lob. I've started using the 58 out of the sand though.

Basically the same for me except it's the 60 out of the sand.

Within 25 yards of the green 58*
More then 25 yards 54*

To be honest, I carry a 53* and 54* sand wedges. Different manufactures though. They have different bounces for the types of sands in our area. But I also carry a 56* which I am starting to change over to as my primary wedge. The 56* is the original 588 with a KBS tour shaft.

55 for me

I have used my 56 in the past but have been using my 60 for awhile now. I really like opening the face and taking a full swing.

I have a 56º, which is technically a SW, but I use the 60º for most shots out of the sand.

I have a 55* sandy but like other people have already mentioned, I use my 60* on green side bunkers.

I use my 50 a lot trying to get used to the 56

I have a 54* that I bought as a SW, but when I got my 56*. Higher loft eases my nerves about flying it over the green.

Looks like I fall into familiar circles here. On shots where I want it to run out with little to nothing to get over, I will use the 56*. Most, however I am close and want to get it over a high bunker and just sit with little to no roll out and that's where the 60* comes in.

If it's a fairway bunker way out, I'll take my 3W wedge and knock the piss out of it....jk....maybe.

My lofts are a little unorthodox in my wedges right now, I guess. Works ok for me though: 48, 52, 58. I use the 52 almost as much as the 58 out of sand. Depends on the situation. 58 is low bounce, I play in some stuff that I'd loosely refer to as sand.

56 vokey sm4,although my burner 2.0 sw is set at 55* but never use it.

depends how much i need to carry and how much roll out i want but usually my 58* sometimes 54*

Where is the poll for this poll?

A bit late to this, but you can't post less than a minute after they post and ask where the poll is! The thread gets posted first. Then the poster gets the option to create the poll. So polls usually show up a few minutes after the thread is posted.

56* for me. I prefer to have more wedges and less long clubs, so for me a 56* fits perfectly into a 52/56/60 setup.

56ATV, works miracles for my short game

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

With 6 and 9 degrees of bounce respectively my 52 and 60 degree wedges don't have enough bounce to work well in the sand so it falls to the 56 ATV to get me out of sand. I am however thinking that a 60 degree ATV might find its way into my bag in the spring for more green side and bunker options.

Last edited:
54* currently. Have a feeling it will change in 2013 as I drop a wedge.

Back