sand wedge poll

• Total voters
I have a few sand wedges. I do believe that they are all 56*.

I am almost exclusively a 56* guy especially with the emergence of the variable sole. I think in 2013 I may go 58*

Same here. Only time I pull the 50 is if it's a longer bunker shot.

I've been tinkering with the idea of 51/57, but we'll see. I'm pretty happy with 50/56.

Technically the 54* would be my sandwedge....but I use it and my 58* both depending on the type of shot, sand and distance needed to carry.

56 degree Taylomade ATV is my sand wedge. It's a good all around wedge with the best sole/bounce for me out of the sand, rough, & fairway shots.

All depends on the shot. I have found myself using my 60 more in green side bunkers.

Voted my 56* as sand wedge, but will use LW, GW also...even PW, if farther.

I have a 56* Cleveland 588 Tour Action Gun Metal which I have had since 1999, I also have a 54* from the mashie iron set which I have been playing as of late. I like them both, I think the 56* has 14* of bounce and the 54* has 11* of bounce, to me they both play about the same as the 54* has a lot of weight on the bottom and the 56* is more of a blade SW. The mashie 54* does seem a little easier to hit out of the fairway but it is not as versatile as the 56*.

I use my 58* almost exclusively out of the sand. Now I am wondering about using other clubs. Ponder ponder ponder..

54* sandwedge most of the time.

60 and 54 (I guess). Sand and distance dictates which one I use.

Good responses. Looks like most people use a 56 deg. :act-up:

I use a 58. I actually two. One for the sand around here that is denser and packs harder. I prefer a low bounce in that situation. If Im going to Florida or someplace with the "fluffier" sand I take the higher bounce one. I can hit either equally off the grass.

Mainly 56, but also frequently 60.

TM ATV 56 or 60, depending on the state of the sand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I voted other.

My most used sand club is a 58° bent down to 57°.

I thought I already posted here I carry a 46, 50, 56, 60 degree wedges and voted in the poll but it says not.

I have tried a 60 degree and it works well, but I prefer a 56 degree because I can hit both long and short bunker shots. and it rocks out of the fairway.

I have two - 54 and 55. I like both.

Back