SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Good stuff - love behind the scenes photos!

Thanks for the pic's, that had to be a blast. I'm loving this entire thread, but have to laugh when I see a couple of pictures hanging on wall in the putting room above. They look pretty out of line for a company who prides itself on alignment, lmao. Come on SeeMore, break out that triangular and get those nails in there straight, haha.

Great pics. Still no email. Sniff

Great pics, those are def great looking putters. I will be following this thread for the updates, excited to see how they work for all the first time users

I have been intrigued by SeeMore putters for the last couple of months since I rolled an FGP in an Edwin Watts in Dallas, TX. Then I started reading this thread and it put me over the top. I found Ted Gallina's email on the Seemore site and contacted him and he responed within 10 minutes. My experience was no different than the testimonies that the testers have provided in their previous posts. I am so excited that I will have a SeeMore FGP putter on my doorstep early next week. Can't wait!!!

I have been intrigued by SeeMore putters for the last couple of months since I rolled an FGP in an Edwin Watts in Dallas, TX. Then I started reading this thread and it put me over the top. I found Ted Gallina's email on the Seemore site and contacted him and he responed within 10 minutes. My experience was no different than the testimonies that the testers have provided in their previous posts. I am so excited that I will have a SeeMore FGP putter on my doorstep early next week. Can't wait!!!

Very cool - congrats!! Which model did you go with?

I sent an email to the "contact" page, but have not heard anything back yet. I figure it being Masters week and all they are probably a tad busy. I may have to send my own email directly to Ted as well.

I hate equipment failure. Video/camera was DOA at SeeMore yesterday. Quality isn't the best but it's all I have since we ended up using cell phones to take pictures. Here are the photos from the SeeMore office:

039.jpg
[/IMG]
040.jpg
[/IMG]
041.jpg
[/IMG]
042.jpg
[/IMG]
043.jpg
[/IMG]
046.jpg
[/IMG]
047.jpg
[/IMG]

OK, those are absolutely very cool pictures and sounds like your visit was very cool! You definitely made the most of your time there.

Glad to see you guys are starting to get these and I can't wait to hear about your experiences. Great pics, T-Hawk!

Very cool - congrats!! Which model did you go with?

I picked the FGP. Ted recommended that I go with either a 34.5" or 35" so I went with the 35" so that I can cut it down if I need to (which Ted recommended). Can't say enough how much I was impressed with the quality of the service I recieved. Very rarely in this day and age do you get service that surpasses your expectations.

I sent an email to the "contact" page, but have not heard anything back yet. I figure it being Masters week and all they are probably a tad busy. I may have to send my own email directly to Ted as well.

I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago but did not get a response at all, but when I emailed Ted directly I got a reply within 10 minutes. So I would recommend emailing Ted directly. His contact information is right there on the contact page. If they are busy with Masters week I sure didn't get that impression when I spoke with Ted for a good 45 minutes yesterday.

Couple of other pics from yesterday. Now you get to see BB (Black Beauty):

086.jpg
[/IMG]
085.jpg
[/IMG]
084.jpg
[/IMG]
089.jpg
[/IMG]
090.jpg
[/IMG]

Well I got home from work tonight to find a white SeeMore Putter Company box sitting on my doorstep! I was so excited to get out and try my putter that I canceled an eye doctor appointment to take advantage of the last hour of daylight and take my Si-3 out for a test drive.

I took my Yes Ashley with me to alternate putts between the two putters and set up my typical practice drill of 10 in from 3', 10 in from 6' and 10 in from 9'. The very first thing I noticed though was that while I didn't THINK I was hunching over my putter when I was setting up, I was!

I spent about 10 minutes just working on making sure I was maintaining the posture we are being asked to work with, athletic posture: slightly bent at the knees, bent at the hips, shoulders back, with our eyes just inside the heel of the putter. It was very strange to be in that upright of a position putting. So, instead of working on putting for accuracy, I spent the time getting used to the feel of putting from the recommended posture and swinging in the natural arc motion. The very first thing I noticed, without even trying, I was getting much better contact with the ball. There was a consistent feel and firm "click" every time. To see if it the posture change or the the putter, I changed to my Yes putter and noticed the same thing. My contact was more true.

By the time I got done getting more comfortable with the posture, it was getting too dark to do any other serious work. But I'm looking forward to working with the putter and the process some more.

Here are some pictures I took tonight:

SeeMorePutterarrival.jpg

The box from SeeMore right after I got home

Contentsofthebox.jpg

The contents of my box: Si-3 putter with pink glitter headcover, DVD, Seemore hat, and the Triangulator

LBchecksoutcontentsofthebox.jpg

LB checks out the goodies

LBmakeshisapprovaloftheSi-3.jpg

And gives his approval of the Si3

BlingyPutter.jpg

Close up of the head of the Si3 and the blingy pink putter headcover

SeeMorePutterBling.jpg

Close up of the hat, the DVD, and the Triangulator training aid

WinnGrip.jpg

Close up of the Winn AVS grip

TwoPutters.jpg

The Yes Ashley and the SeeMore Si3 side by side

TwoPutterHeads.jpg

The two putter heads: SeeMore Si3 on the left and Yes Ashley on the right. Notice the difference of the alignment aids on the putter heads

LookingDownthePutters.jpg

Looking down the putters as if address: Yes Ashley on the left and SeeMore Si3 on the right. Notice the two white lines and the red dot on the SeeMore head have disappeared. This is what we are suppose to be looking for when we are aligned correctly.

HappyFamilywelcomesnewputter.jpg

Sock Monkey goes "gangstah" in the SeeMore hat. Isn't the pretty pink putter headcover all sparkley in my pink golf bag?

Great pictures guys and gals. I love the looks of the head cover the flag is a nice touch. ALso glad we are getting a hat. very cool. Im looking forward to hearing about your experience with the putter on the green. Looks like many of us got the Si3 model. I like the looks of it,

Cant wait to get mine next week.

Have a great weekend.

Great pictures guys and gals. I love the looks of the head cover the flag is a nice touch. ALso glad we are getting a hat. very cool. Im looking forward to hearing about your experience with the putter on the green. Looks like many of us got the Si3 model. I like the looks of it,

Cant wait to get mine next week.

Have a great weekend.

SeeMore has some great head covers. The flag was the main reason I selected what I have. I wasn't able to get my first choice of head cover. There was only one that I am aware of and it's in Ted Gallina's office. Ted's office is also a mini museum for one of a kind and specialty head covers. The one I really liked sits on the front row of his collection. It's the first putter head cover that you look at as it is the first one on the first row looking at them from the front. You just naturally look left to right and there it is. A beautiful green and white THP putter cover!

I may have to write about my SeeMore putting fitting experience in chapters. I’m still wiped out from the road trip there yesterday. A little about me: I've been playing golf for 4 years now. Handicap is 12.2. I'm 5'9" and weigh in at 200 pounds. My wife says my body type is better fit for lifting trucks than golfing. I was just recently fitted for a driver and now play an R11. I was fitted for irons about 18 months ago and purchased the Adams A4's. I just attended my first ball fitting this afternoon which was hosted by Titleist and was fit for their ProV1X. Until yesterday I had never been fitted for a putter. The one club you use virtually every hole of golf you'll play, the club that accounts for more shots than any other in your bag and it's the last club I was fitted for? If you haven't been fit for your putter I strongly suggest that you get fit.

My first putter was a Nike Oz putter that I used for a little more than a year when I first started playing. I really liked the putter but I modified it with Wite-Out correction fluid to make it easier for me to align the putter. Extended and widened the alignment aid that was already on the Nike Oz. Then I found the Odyssey Marxman Mini on a trip to Golf Galaxy and had to buy it because the alignment aid was exactly what I was looking for. I played the Marxman Mini until yesterday. As for my putting, I have averaged 31.07 putts per round over my last 100 rounds. If I can reduce that number by just 3 strokes I can achieve my goal of being a single handicap by the end of the year. Due to the generosity of THP and SeeMore I can now see how possible it is to meet that goal.

When I first attempted to schedule my phone fitting with Ted Gallina at SeeMore I wasn't able to talk to him due to his involvement with other members of THP getting his attention and his existing clients. Talk time adds up quick when it takes over an hour to do a phone fitting. Before being transferred to his voice mail I was speaking with John Higgins, sales and marketing manager for SeeMore. I told John why I was calling and in our conversation he asked me where I was from. I told him and he said something about how near I was to the SeeMore site and how cool it would be if I could stop by sometime as I traveled through Tennessee. We continued to talk for a few more minutes and before I knew it I had committed to driving to the SeeMore factory for a live fitting once I had it scheduled with Ted. That appointment was made for yesterday and I had no way of knowing how great an experience it would be for not only me but for my business partner as well.

Preplanning on Tuesday night. Talked my business partner into making the road trip to SeeMore with me. He’s a 4 handicap who had never heard of SeeMore, never been exposed to a SeeMore putter. Updated the mapping system in my TomTom, entered and stored the address for SeeMore. Downloaded Gaylord Springs Golf Links (http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylor...inks/index.html?source=www.gaylordsprings.com) to my SkyCaddie SGX as this is where I decided I would put my new SeeMore putter to the test. Cleaned my clubs, made sure I had a new golf glove in the bag, ironed my clothes, cleaned all excess gear out of the bag, clipped a recently laundered THP Spotless Swing golf towel on the bag and checked the spikes on my shoes. Only took 6 balls, all new with me. A sleeve of my regular gamer which is the Srixon Z Star and a sleeve of my favorite wind ball which is the Taylormade LDP Red. Charged the batteries for the camera/video recorder, packed the laptop, charger, and various and assorted usb’s, cables, and the APC adapter for my car. Took the car and had it washed and vacuumed. Filled the car up with gas. Hit the ATM for some cash. Went to bed as my alarm was set for 6:00 so I could be on the road by 6:30 to meet my business partner at 7:00 and get on the road for the 3 hour trip to SeeMore. I was excited to be making the trip and being fit for my SeeMore so the trip seemed to take less than the 2 hours and 40 minutes it took to make it from Louisville to Franklin. Arrived at SeeMore 20 minutes early for my appointment with Ted at 9:00 CST.

Wasn’t even sure they were open yet so grabbed the video/camera out of the backseat to take pics and footage of their storefront. Hit the power button and nothing happened. Hit the power button again with the same result. Checked batteries, connections, etc. and was never able to get the unit to power up. The best made plans of mice and men… No backup plan for that occurrence so I was only able to take photos while there with cell phones. Poor planning on my part.

Walked in the door of SeeMore at 8:50 and was greeted by Ted Gallina. He was ready to go. He handled the introductions and we went into the putter room. Wow, every model SeeMore produces is on racks around the putting green. Walls adorned with photos of Payne Stewart, Zach Johnson, and others who have gamed SeeMore’s. Ted seemed to be excited as I was about my being selected to test out a SeeMore putter. That was the case with every person I had contact with at SeeMore including Jim Grundberg whose title is Owner and Managing Partner. More on that later.

After a warm welcome by Ted he started the day off with a brief review of the history of SeeMore. Then we talked about the RST technology and the philosophy of SeeMore in regard to putting. Very information without being overwhelming, great presentation. Now on to the fitting.
We started the fitting with Ted taking static measurements for my putting fitting. Then Ted had me make several putts while he observed my putting stroke, stance, alignment, and ball positioning. After about 10 putts Ted broke out the high tech gear. Ted attached an infrared transmitter to the shaft of the SeeMore putter I was using that attaches to a camera receiver to provide data on eight critical parameters of your putting stroke. The TOMI system shows, measures, and records alignment at address, alignment at impact, path at impact, stroke and path rotation, shaft angle, impact spot, speed at impact, and stroke impact. Whew, lot more to putting than I ever thought there was. Here’s a link to TOMI: http://www.tomi.com/

Time for bed now. Will start chapter two tomorrow, the rest of the fitting process, the SeeMore tour, the on course testing and review of my new SeeMore putter after 18 holes and a follow up from the nine holes I was able to play this morning.

Please be patient and forgiving. I know it’s a long post and it’s not nearly exciting to read about the experience as it was to prepare for the fitting, go through the fitting process, and then play a putter based on your fitting results.

Got my package.. I will post some photos friday. Already for golf tomorrow. First round with my Si4, So excited cant wait. Will report Friday on how my first day was. Playing friday ,saturday,& sunday. Let the games begin.

All caught up. Incredible work all. So glad you are all taking it seriously.

highscoreinky - I think it was really cool that at least one of us 10 had the opportunity to do a fitting in person. Definitely adds a bit to the experience! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your fitting trip.

Keep the write ups coming folks. The exciting part is coming now. Can't wait to hear more about your thoughts with these putters in play.

Great job HSI. Really enjoyed the pre-fitting trip planning. I'm not that organized going on a business trip, lol. Too bad about the camera, but can't wait to hear more about your trip and fitting.

highscoreinky - I think it was really cool that at least one of us 10 had the opportunity to do a fitting in person. Definitely adds a bit to the experience! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your fitting trip.

+1 to that! Very cool. I'm salivating! Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

Sounds like a good start to a great experience highscore! Very cool you got to meet Ted in person and do a live fitting.

Excellent write up, I can't wait for part 2. Loving the pictures everyone has been posting as well.

Back