SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

What is this strategy you guys are talking aboot? Less break and more aggressive lines?

I just read too much break in general when it comes to shorter putts or ones that don't have much slope. I go an inch outside the cup when really I should just be on the edge or even dead center.

I'll add to that - Also, I'm not really trying to hammer the ball through the break as much as I am trying to make a firm stroke that gets the ball past the hole a ways. It's helped me take that last second unpredictable break out of the putt I guess? The Seemore stroke really lends itself well to putting a nice firm roll on the ball for me.

I'll add to that - Also, I'm not really trying to hammer the ball through the break as much as I am trying to make a firm stroke that gets the ball past the hole a ways. It's helped me take that last second unpredictable break out of the putt I guess? The Seemore stroke really lends itself well to putting a nice firm roll on the ball for me.

good stuff hawk i feel comfortable doing this on slower greens its where the greens are a little faster where i still am scared to hit it to hard i need to just man up and start doing it and seeing how it works for a few rounds.

What I've found is that faster greens really allow me to take that same firm stroke, but maybe my backswing is only a couple inches long if that makes sense? I agree that it is hard to mentally adjust, but for me, it's like I'm putting to make it rather than putting to protect myself from missing. If that makes sense.

All this said, you are all dropping more putts than I am haha. It's just been something that's helped me recently, especially in that 4-8 foot range.

What I've found is that faster greens really allow me to take that same firm stroke, but maybe my backswing is only a couple inches long if that makes sense? I agree that it is hard to mentally adjust, but for me, it's like I'm putting to make it rather than putting to protect myself from missing. If that makes sense.

All this said, you are all dropping more putts than I am haha. It's just been something that's helped me recently, especially in that 4-8 foot range.

i hear ya, yeah i usually take a bigger back stroke but have tried cutting it shorter recently because i was decelerating on my forward swing so i need to keep it shorter so i don't do that anymore. was the reason i was such a horrible putter for a good amount of time. you're on the right track for sure Hawk IMO. just need to put in the time and get it down. and if you start getting off track rehash it out. i did that yesterday for about an hour and started trusting my lines again. they look so off to me standing over the ball, everything looks like im aiming left and on putts breaking right to left it looks SO WRONG. but i hit it and its exactly where i need to be aiming. pretty nuts. just need to trust myself and my SeeMore.

Yep. Trusting it is the only way you are going to put a confident stroke on the ball.

Yep. Trusting it is the only way you are going to put a confident stroke on the ball.

Confidence is something I have lot of now while standing over a putt. I haven't played a single round of golf in the last few weeks, just been too busy, but I have been hitting the practice green every other day. I feel like I'm finally learning how to putt. The upright stance no longer feels strange, and my stroke is getting more and more repeatable. Setting up to the ball is almost second nature now. I can set up with my eyes closed and know that when I open them I won't see the red dot, and everything will be pretty much as it should be. I fully expect to make putts from around 15' and in now, and that was not the case before I started this testing.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating, that Ted really nailed it on my putter fitting. When I do go see him I'll be really surprised if there needs to be any adjustments. I'm sure I will need some adjustment in what I'm doing, but not the putter. That's pretty amazing to me since he did this over the phone with a few measurements and some videos. Getting fitted this way has completely removed any doubt I always used to have about whether or not I had the right putter for me, I know for sure that I have the right one thanks to THP and SeeMore.

Indeed, Started a decent round first time out with the straight shafted m2. Lost confidence on #4 and went back to bad habits. Back to practice green after and it clicked again finally--my big issue is dragging or lagging the putter head (hands leading) when I leave the putter extended straight down and keep it hands free it just works. The bottom line is that I am not trusting it in play...YET... I swear I had the best Iron day ever and just ruined it putting. I just need patience..NOW PLEASE :)

I played a round on Sunday, and made a slight change mid-round. I haven't posted the recap yet because I am playing again tonight after work and want to confirm it first.

Sundays round was 33 putts overall, and I was very happy with my putting performance. I was routinely under 4 feet left, and my misses were because of errors made in the read, not stroke errors.

What is this strategy you guys are talking aboot? Less break and more aggressive lines?
THat is exactly what were talking about. I find that the ball gets rolling quicker then any putter I have had. So I want to take advantage of that and read a more agreesive line to match the release of the ball. It worked well today during my session that I'll write up a little later.

Last edited:
You guys are doing well with this review! I am pondering a Seemore because you guys have made me a believer of the RST technology

You guys are doing well with this review! I am pondering a Seemore because you guys have made me a believer of the RST technology

Thanks Texas! The RST is legit but more importantly the entire SeeMore philosophy is pretty amazing. If you are seriously considering a SeeMore I would suggest sending an email their way and getting an idea of
what putter they might suggest for you. Their customer service is outstanding, and just going through the fitting process with them is pretty great on its own. You don't have to make any commitments when you contact them and it can be nice to get a feel for what could be in store for you if you chose to be a part of the SeeMore family.

P.S- GO BUY ONE RIGHT NOW!

I just read too much break in general when it comes to shorter putts or ones that don't have much slope. I go an inch outside the cup when really I should just be on the edge or even dead center.

I do something very similar, except for mine is more like 2 inches instead of 1. The good and bad thing about that is with the RST you'll lined up where you're aiming and if your aim is off then your sunk from the beginning.

I do something very similar, except for mine is more like 2 inches instead of 1. The good and bad thing about that is with the RST you'll lined up where you're aiming and if your aim is off then your sunk from the beginning.

That's why you lines have to correct or perceived as correct. This conversation started because the putter has put a premium on reading greens. I was not adjusting my lines to match the pace of the ball off the putter. I felt by cutting my reads it would help. And it has, a great deal.

When I was not hitting my lines well, and would either push or pull a number of putts every round, then it was easy to say "Well, I read that right but didn't hit the putt". Now, it's exactly the opposite. The SeeMore method and RST give me confidence that I will be able to hit my lines, even iff that means that I get to watch the ball fail to break where I expected it to.

This may sound odd, but at this stage, I'm happy to accept that a misread will result in a missed putt (though possibly not missed by very much). The consistency gained will lend itself to learning to read the greens better because variables are being eliminated in the process.

I'm going to force myself to cut my read on the short ones in half next time out. My brain is going to fight it every step of the way, but it will be a good experiment.

I'm going to force myself to cut my read on the short ones in half next time out. My brain is going to fight it every step of the way, but it will be a good experiment.

What do you mean by this hawk? Like spend less time studying the putt?

I think Hawk means play less break.

What do you mean by this hawk? Like spend less time studying the putt?

I'm going to aim for the cup or an edge unless the break is really big inside 10 feet and see if I can convert some more putts.

I'm going to aim for the cup or an edge unless the break is really big inside 10 feet and see if I can convert some more putts.

Ok thanks for clearing it up, I am excited to see how this works for you

That has made a world of difference for me from 15 and in Hawk. Ive figured out I was very guilty of giving the break WAY too much respect 90% of the time from that range.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That has made a world of difference for me from 15 and in Hawk. Ive figured out I was very guilty of giving the break WAY too much respect 90% of the time from that range.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Agree on somewhat flat greens but your greens sound friendlier than the ones I play. Too many putts either side hill, downhill, uphill or some combination that need both the right amount of speed and break. I regularly have 10 - 15ft putts that require 2' or more break so that I can die the ball near the hole.

Someone was saying in another thread that every putt is a straight putt at some point. So you have to get THAT straight part down first at the right speed. Then you try and get it so when you do hit the break you hit it at the right speed and right spot so it breaks into the hole. Do I have that right?

Agree on somewhat flat greens but your greens sound friendlier than the ones I play. Too many putts either side hill, downhill, uphill or some combination that need both the right amount of speed and break. I regularly have 10 - 15ft putts that require 2' or more break so that I can die the ball near the hole.

OBVIOUSLY not every putt is the same, but I also know you can sure as heck SEE a two foot or more break with your eyes. My comment was a generality to the situation, when I KNOW there is a lot of break then obviously my line will be further out, however, when I'm in doubt with the read or how much it actually moves then I'm going to the edge of the cup. To me that is not a comment on the green's I play being "friendlier" at all, especially with he fact that since I began this testing I have played many different courses just to ensure getting as many entirely different looks at greens as I could for feedback.

Back