SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

OBVIOUSLY not every putt is the same, but I also know you can sure as heck SEE a two foot or more break with your eyes. My comment was a generality to the situation, when I KNOW there is a lot of break then obviously my line will be further out, however, when I'm in doubt with the read or how much it actually moves then I'm going to the edge of the cup. To me that is not a comment on the green's I play being "friendlier" at all, especially with he fact that since I began this testing I have played many different courses just to ensure getting as many entirely different looks at greens as I could for feedback.

Okay, trying to better understand the "going to the edge of the cup." Likely just be a problem with my reading comprehension. You aim for the edge when the break is negligible and you don't want to guess? Do you find that you're more likely to hit the putt by going for the edge than you would have previously by having given the break too much credit? It's an interesting approach. You're removing variables that mess with the head when picking a line.

Someone was saying in another thread that every putt is a straight putt at some point. So you have to get THAT straight part down first at the right speed. Then you try and get it so when you do hit the break you hit it at the right speed and right spot so it breaks into the hole. Do I have that right?

Yes you are correct. Ive heard it called point putting. If a putt breaks a full cup your aim point will be that distance outside the hole or the apex of the putt. The line to that point in theory is straight. The more pace you apply the straighter that putt becomes. Make sense?

Okay, trying to better understand the "going to the edge of the cup." Likely just be a problem with my reading comprehension. You aim for the edge when the break is negligible and you don't want to guess? Do you find that you're more likely to hit the putt by going for the edge than you would have previously by having given the break too much credit? It's an interesting approach. You're removing variables that mess with the head when picking a line.

Its been talked about in here alot and I believe Freddie was the one that brought it up first and it has really benefited me alot. Basically, when I think the break is a cup or so to the outside I have much more success in playing less break (it might mean outside edge or it could simply be something like one cup out instead of two) and keeping my same aggressive stroke. The variables of the stroke are already gone with the SPi methodology, that is out of my mind, everything is solely dictated by my shoulder rock for speed and my line.

Jpaul it's a theory that works if you want to remove variables from your putts. It also applies to aggressive putters. But more then anything else I've adopted the approach because of the pace the balls comes off the face of my m5.

I change quit a few things about my putting when this process started but kept the same reads or style of reading greens. Based on my new found effortless pace due to everything flowing in the direction, I had to adjust the last part, my reads. I was hitting a lot of solid putts that hit ther lines but not the hole. These putts finished just past the cup. My thought was that I had the correct read but wrong pace. Since I was seeing great pace with the same motion I have been using for years I had to take my reads and cut them by a 1/4. It paid off with 4 birdies yesterday.
Do I recommend this everyone, not really. Some like cup speed putts which allows you to use the whole cup. But if impart medium to firm pace to your putts, I think it would be a good theory to test.

Jpaul it's a theory that works if you want to remove variables from your putts. It also applies to aggressive putters. But more then anything else I've adopted the approach because of the pace the balls comes off the face of my m5.

I change quit a few things about my putting when this process started but kept the same reads or style of reading greens. Based on my new found effortless pace due to everything flowing in the direction, I had to adjust the last part, my reads. I was hitting a lot of solid putts that hit ther lines but not the hole. These putts finished just past the cup. My thought was that I had the correct read but wrong pace. Since I was seeing great pace with the same motion I have been using for years I had to take my reads and cut them by a 1/4. It paid off with 4 birdies yesterday.
Do I recommend this everyone, not really. Some like cup speed putts which allows you to use the whole cup. But if impart medium to firm pace to your putts, I think it would be a good theory to test.

Thanks, that makes sense. I can see how a more direct approach is a good fit for aggressive putting. However, when forced to play the break you're still forced to read the greens properly and then execute based on proper line, muscle memory, weight of the stroke, etc. So, seems you have to be resolved to take two really different approaches to putting based on circumstance. Question is, when do you decide to employ one over the other?

The more aggressive putters at the Open (Rory, Rickie, etc.) were punished for using their normal aggressive 3' tap-in putts (McIlroy actually missed the cut because of one). Don't mean to pour cold water on the idea, just enjoy thinking about this strategically. I've often been caught over-thinking the 4' putt, playing the break when I should've gone for it and played to the cup's edge. It's interesting to think about taking the same approach to a 12' putt.

Its been talked about in here alot and I believe Freddie was the one that brought it up first and it has really benefited me alot. Basically, when I think the break is a cup or so to the outside I have much more success in playing less break (it might mean outside edge or it could simply be something like one cup out instead of two) and keeping my same aggressive stroke. The variables of the stroke are already gone with the SPi methodology, that is out of my mind, everything is solely dictated by my shoulder rock for speed and my line.

Totally understand. Since you reminded us how important the shoulder rock was to a consistent, repeatable, controllable stroke, I've been on it. Made a huge difference in putting the line I picked and controlling the weight and distance. I'm enjoying the thought of employing the same confident stroke a tap-in requires to a 12' putt.

Thanks, that makes sense. I can see how a more direct approach is a good fit for aggressive putting. However, when forced to play the break you're still forced to read the greens properly and then execute based on proper line, muscle memory, weight of the stroke, etc. So, seems you have to be resolved to take two really different approaches to putting based on circumstance. Question is, when do you decide to employ one over the other?

The more aggressive putters at the Open (Rory, Rickie, etc.) were punished for using their normal aggressive 3' tap-in putts (McIlroy actually missed the cut because of one). Don't mean to pour cold water on the idea, just enjoy thinking about this strategically. I've often been caught over-thinking the 4' putt, playing the break when I should've gone for it and played to the cup's edge. It's interesting to think about taking the same approach to a 12' putt.
I think you may be missing the point. There is still green reading in the theory but I have adjusted to reads to match the pace of my stroke. If I have a 2' slider I don't play 18" and ram it. But since I am more agreesive with my pace I can take slightllt less line. If I use my usual pace on this putt I miss it high and right. By reducing my read it will match my pace and I will have a better chance. You on the other hand might read more into that 2' break in a attempt to die the ball into the hole. My guess is that the second style comes up short more often than the agressive line.

I do agree that you still have to think on the green and you just can't go banging putts all over the greens.

I think you may be missing the point. There is still green reading in the theory but I have adjusted to reads to match the pace of my stroke. If I have a 2' slider I don't play 18" and ram it. But since I am more agreesive with my pace I can take slightllt less line. If I use my usual pace on this putt I miss it high and right. By reducing my read it will match my pace and I will have a better chance. You on the other hand might read more into that 2' break in a attempt to die the ball into the hole. My guess is that the second style comes up short more often than the agressive line.

I do agree that you still have to think on the green and you just can't go banging putts all over the greens.

Freddie, you word things so freaking well dude. Seriously, I mean it.

THanks Jman! I appreciate it.

Freddie, you word things so freaking well dude. Seriously, I mean it.

Buck sorry for the delay in reading you latest post. I try to never go away from my original read, I always miss when I do. Take that first read and trust it. It sounds like that is the onlyu thing holding you back from going really low with the putt count. Keep it bro.

Reference Links:

Latest Review:

8/7/12
Northshore Golf Club
SeeMore m5 testing
Sunny and Muggy
Practice green

The work out:
  • Up and downs
  • Alignment Stick
  • Stymies
I started the day with my up and down drill and combined it with stymies. Stymies for those that don't know is a game usually played with several people putting at one hole. Each player has three balls and you take turns putting toward a selected hole. Say there are three of you, you alternate putting at the hole until all the balls have had an initial roll at the hole. Once this has been completed the one that is farthest from the hole goes first so on and so forth. The objext is to hole your three balls in the least number of strokes with out hitting the other balls that may be gathered around the hole or on an intended line. This game/drill can make for some interesting lines, speed and angles.

Anyway combined up/downs and stymes on 4 different hole with 6 balls. I had putts from 15' to 6". I made everything inside 3' and made some really tight lined putts on reads I would normally have. But the RST relly helped me with my lines along with the pace. I made some clutch putts on some very agressive lines. This just further cemented in my head that the agressive approach I am taking will pay dividends on the course.

I used one of my alignment sticks on a 25' putt that broke right to left a full cup. I cut this line in half and took an agreesive line. Prior to each set of 6 putts I would stand over my alignment stick and take 5 to 10 practice strokes just watching how the m5 open and closed as I moved it along the stick. I would then stand over my putts and immulate the stroke I had just made prior. I drain 2 or 3 putts in each batch of 6 and all of my misses fell below the hole, pin high by a ball to a ball and half. All of these putts didn't have the same pace as the made putts that poured into the cup right center. I knew after each putt what it was going to do based on the feeling off the face. The reverb from the ball told the story. More importantly the pre-putt routine over the alignment aid really gave me some solid short term muscle memory. I was really able to immulate the motion when it came time for the real putt.

Final Thoughts:

The level of comfort and confidence I have since being selected to be part of this testing, is at an all time high. Everything about my putting has changed except for the motion. I am most surprised by how quickly it took hold. I figued It would be a bit longer but the SeeMore methodology worked wonders for my putting and confidence. It really is becoming secind hand for me. The m5 really helps in the execution of the stroke. Once the setup is complete all I have to do is pull the trigger.

I get it but you still have to decide between two approaches: A direct approach with an aggressive line and speed that takes most of the break out of the equation; or, having to play the break because you risk putting it well past the hole with an aggressive line and stroke.

I agree with your assumption that taking a more conservative approach will invite more short putts, which have a zero % chance of dropping. I'm just ruminating, not assuming one can bang putts around the green without good analysis. It's an interesting line of thinking, sorry if I'm being a pest.

Freddie, nice write up sir.

I'll echo your sentiments about being surprised at how quickly the putting method has taken hold. It was my absolute biggest fear after my fitting with Brady because it was literally a change of pretty much everything for me but the SPi method just makes sense and is simple to adapt to in my opinion. It about the 1,000th time I've said it in here, but I like that the variables are taken care of in my stroke, THAT is what has led to so much more confidence on the greens for me personally.

Guys - Keep up the great work!! Great input!!

Thank you for following along and checking out the post. Is there anything we have missed or you would like for us to touch upon with the mSeries?

Thanks again for the oppurtunity

Guys - Keep up the great work!! Great input!!

thanks, im really still so impressed with everything that the seemore preaches even more so what the RST does and the instruction more so than the putter even itself. i mean the putter is great and it still looks brand new which also is impressive but i think everything the RST does really has improved my putting more than anything else. gonna be a long weekend no golf for me but should be back at it early next week. wanna work more with the medicine ball and triangulator and practice more now that my vacation is over. really practice on reading greens better also its funny that the putter helps you realize where else you struggle i NEVER would have thought i read greens bad till i got my seemore i actually thought the opposite but since now im seeing my SeeMore roll the line i want time after time i know when i miss its a misread. im not pulling putts one way or another. just leaving them short more than anything and thats even much better.

Links to my earlier reviews:
Initial Fitting
Additional thoughts on putters used in fitting
Final Fitting and Build
Decision Thoughts
At Home Practice 7/5
Practice Green 7/9
9 holes league play 7/17
9 holes league play 7/31
Practice Green Head to Head Testing 8/3
Putter: SeeMore m5x

I had some technical difficulties this week, as I decided to try GolfLogix and ran into problems during both rounds. For 18 holes, my battery was dead by #12. On the 9 hole round, we started on #7 and before I noticed my scores were recorded on #10 and #11 instead of #1 and #2. I got frustrated and decided to just focus on playing instead of tracking anything more than my number of putts made.

Next round, back to my regular tracking routine.

So, this recap will be more of a general review of where I'm at than a hole-by-hole playback.

Normandie Golf Club
18 Holes - 33 putts
1 Putts: 4
2 Putts: 13
3 Putts: 1

The Falls Golf Club (Front 9)
9 Holes - 18 Putts
1 Putts: 2
2 Putts: 5
3 Putts: 2

I feel that I am really settling into the posture and stance like I should be. I am currently very comfortable with my SeeMore in hand.

There is one notable change from this week that I feel is significant. Even though my stance has moved to being more upright, and my grip feels very light, I noticed during the 18 hole round that it felt like I was putting a fair amount of pressure on the putter head against the green. Pushing down so to speak. I think that this was causing me to delay or hitch my takeaway, and sometimes also may have caused a tiny bit of drag, especially if putting from the fringe.

In order to correct this, I straightened my posture up just a hair, without adjusting my elbow bend. The putter started to feel weightless in my hands. Smooth takeaways, smoother strokes, but unfortunately faster putts as well.

I did not compensate for the faster (and possibly truer) rolls in my reads. I burned edges, and on a few downhill putts blew right past the hole.

My putting numbers look worse than where I want to be, but I still consider these two rounds to be a step in the right direction in terms of the overall process.

Thank you for following along and checking out the post. Is there anything we have missed or you would like for us to touch upon with the mSeries?

Thanks again for the oppurtunity

Day in and day out we hear from amateurs and tour players alike that they do not have an idea of when they are making a good putt or a bad putt. They do not have any consistency in their putting. Reading through this great thread the common theme is that everyone has an idea of what their good putt feels like and looks like. All of you can distinguish a good putt from a putt a bad putt. You have found the secret of a SeeMore putter. Consistency, consistency, consistency - having the same starting point - having the same ball position. When you use a SeeMore you have a leg up on everyone else. Your number of putts will be lowered each and every round. The input has been fantastic - we know just need to have some of the TOUR players read this thread :))!! Have a great putting day! Thanks THP members!! Contact us anytime - 24/7 "lifetime access"

Day in and day out we hear from amateurs and tour players alike that they do not have an idea of when they are making a good putt or a bad putt. They do not have any consistency in their putting. Reading through this great thread the common theme is that everyone has an idea of what their good putt feels like and looks like. All of you can distinguish a good putt from a putt a bad putt. You have found the secret of a SeeMore putter. Consistency, consistency, consistency - having the same starting point - having the same ball position. When you use a SeeMore you have a leg up on everyone else. Your number of putts will be lowered each and every round. The input has been fantastic - we know just need to have some of the TOUR players read this thread :))!! Have a great putting day! Thanks THP members!! Contact us anytime - 24/7 "lifetime access"

That's the word for me that I think I have been looking for a bit...CONSISTENCY. Not necessarily speaking in number of putts personally, but I know that outside of my line and how much shoulder rock I put into the ball, everything else in my putting has become much more CONSISTENT and will be there there same each time I address the putt. That has been the biggest thing for me so far.

Many thanks to you all keeping up with the thread and the kinds words!!!

(P.S. I know I can think of PLENTY of pro's who could benefit from a SeeMore hehe)

Great post i think you really hit it on the head. i really wish i could have seen how different my forward press was before i started this journey and how it screwed with my distance control before. i can only imagine because i know the loft had to be different from putt to putt. i'm sure it wasn't a ton but everyone here knows you can miss a putt by just the littlest thing being off.

Thanks for the kind words...this has been a wonderful opportunity! Consistency has probably been the word I have used the most in my reviews simply because that truly is what the SeeMore system develops. I definitely have some up and down days or holes still because well, golf is golf, but I definitely, without any doubt, know that I am a much more consistent putter. This process has been pretty eye-opening so far and I cannot wait to see where I can take my putting in the future. With my triangulator and my mFGP I am finding my time on the practice green to be significantly more productive and a lot more FUN than it ever has been.

Thanks SeeMore!

Thank you for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot!

Although not an Mseries, did pick up a clean FGP on the bay. Eager to see what RST can do for my stroke. The shoulder roll has already made a big difference in my rolls so I'm excited to see what RST adds. I'm a fan of blades but SeeMore might end up being the gateway drug to a mallet. Kudos to SeeMore and all the testers for giving us hackers a reason to explore and learn new tricks.

Last edited:
Career low update coming later today!
It involves me and a Seemore mFGP that I love more than ever!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Career low update coming later today!
It involves me and a Seemore mFGP that I love more than ever!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha! I can't wait to hear all your thoughts Reki.

Nothing like a weekend of watching major golf and practicing my putting whilst thinking about how many dudes out there need a SeeMore.

REFERENCE LINKS:

Introduction/Background: HERE

Fitting and V1 Analysis: HERE

Adopting The SeeMore Putting Method: HERE

I got an mFGP!: HERE

Round Report 7/7: HERE and a Response to this round: HERE

Triangulator Drill: HERE

SeeMore vs The Other Guys: HERE

My First round under pressure: HERE

CAREER LOW ROUND ALERT

Round Report 8/11/2012
Conditions: 60-70*, Green Speed: Slightly damp (dew) – Medium Speed
Score: 73! 3-over par.

Stats
Putts: 31 (15/16)
GIR: 11/18
FIR: 8/13

Scorecard:
Spoiler
LowRound.jpg

Ok well. A new low round! I went out early today (6am) and started on the back- 9 by myself, the joined a threesome when I made the turn. So that double bogey on 18 (ugh!) is actually on #9.

Anyway. Wow! This feels good. Things were working for me and the putter was right at the top of the list. This was the first time I have ever played the back nine first at this course (Jefferson Park- my home track) and opening on a par 3 was a little bit different for me. I hit a pretty poor chip that left me a 10ft putt for par to open the round. I missed that putt but BARELY missed it. I put a great stroke on the ball, right on my line, and it caught half the hole but wouldn’t stay down. Tough break for an opening bogey, but it actually left me walking away feeling pretty good. Ill take a slight misread over a poor stroke any day.

There was some sort of wicked sorcery at play on the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] hole and my drive ended up in a place that I would have never thought possible after I hit it. Hard to explain if you don’t know the hole, but it was about 60yards short and 20 yards right of where I thought it would be. I am convinced an animal or possibly a goblin was involved. The goblin cost me a stroke, and I two-putted for bogey.

From here I settled in to a nice groove. I was playing my approach shots to the middle of the green as best I could and was finding myself there often. On holes #12 and #13 I was in the 15-20ft birdie range and have two great rolls at birdie. Being at this range I did not use the alignment aid on the ball and instead just chose to roll the ball over a point. Both these putts burned the edge on the high side and left 1ft come backers for par.

#14 then helped increase the momentum of my round. Bad drive lead to a tough approach which missed the green. The green on this hole severely slopes from left to right and ball that is not below the hole can leave some nightmare putts. I tried my best to keep my pitch directly below the hole but it still had about two cups of left-to-right in it and 7ft. These shorter, left-to-right putts have been THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. I have historically pushed these putts like it was my job.
NOT with the mFPG though. I finally have some confidence on these putts now and this one was no different. Perfect line, perfect speed and I walked to the next tee with a bounce in my step and unleashed a huge drive.

Routine two putt par and then I found myself with my best birdie chance so far. 8ft, slightly downhill and right edge. Used the line on my ball, two practice strokes, locked in the RST and new it was in as soon as I hit it.

Next hole I found myself looking at the same distance for birdie, with just an inch of left-to-right. Went through the exact same process as before, and once again had no doubt it was in right as I made contact. Back to back birdies for the first time in as long as I can remember.

A poor club selection and a shanked flop attempt on 18 and I found myself with a hot head and a 10ft putt for bogey. The way I had been putting I probably should have made it, but I just did not take the time to set it up like I did with all of my other putts. Frustration definitely got the better of me.

Made the turn and grouped up with 3 people, and then proceed to have the best 9 of my life. My driver was on fire and the only two fairways I missed were on very short par 4s where I took my 4hy to play for position (go figure.)

As for my putting, my distance control was super sharp. 3 holes in and after two great 25ft putts that left me with tap-ins and a 4ft par save, one of the guys in the group said “Man, I’m jealous of your putting stroke.” Ha! I mean, thanks...and guess what, you can have this stroke if you really want it. ANYONE CAN. Anyway, I then proceeded to school them on SeeMore tech, SeeMore philosophy and the wonderful world of THP. They were all intrigued to say the least.

Next: Two putt bogey after a punch out of the trees, two putt par on my NEMESIS hole, and then probably the closest I have come to an ace for a tap in birdie.

Spoiler
530052_10151163415221098_263653945_n.jpg

I then hit a great approach to 7ft on #7 and proceeded to power lip my birdie putt. This one stung a little as I could not believe for the life of me that the ball broke as much as it did, especially at the aggressive pace that I hit it, but hey tap-in pars are still cool in my book.

I channeled a little frustration into my drive on the par 5, 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and unleashed the biggest drive of the day. 480 par-5 and I had a 6-iron in my hand going for the green in two. Caught it a little fat and it came up just short of the bunker guarding the green. I then hit a little pitch shot that I think was literally one-foot from being perfect, instead it landed on the downslope after the bunker and the ball launched forward with no spin. A misread chip later and I found myself with 8ft L-to-R for par. Almost in the exact same way as my missed birdie attempt on #7, this one also lipped out after I thought for sure it was in.

Cleared my head, moved the final hole and ripped another good drive, and approach shot that left me in the greenside bunker in two (par 5). Good sand shot that almost dropped in the hole and rolled out to about that magic number of the day, 8ft. Boy I wanted to close with a birdie SO BADLY, and looking back I probably putt too much pressure on myself. Hit this one a little too firm and it missed on the high side by about two inches, but again, tap-in for par.

CLOSING THOUGHTS:

Well, a new personal best with two lip outs, a mental-block double bogey, and possible bogey goblin interference? I am feeling pretty pretty…pretty…good right now. 31 putts with 11 GIR and no 3-jacks, is a line that I want to see and think I will be seeing a lot more of in the near future. This was VERY close to a sub-30 putt round, and for all intents and purposes should have been a round of even par.

When I got my i20’s my confidence in my iron play went through the roof and I started hitting more GIRs than ever. However, my scoring did not drop as much as I thought it should have. 3 putts were around every corner and birdies seemed just as elusive as ever, even though I had significantly more birdie opportunities.

I need to go through my stats and check my total birdies since switching to the mFGP because I have a feeling that I have more birdies in the last 2 months than I did in 5 or 6 leading up to the switch. At least that is how it feels anyway. SeeMore makes putts.

95% of the time I am trying to play to the middle of the green, a strategy that is very sound…unless you really struggle with distance control. Something that has plagued me for quite some time. Not anymore. Rolling your long birdie putts into tap-in range and then moving on to the next hole, can really get you in a groove. I feel like I am really playing the game of golf when I am doing that and then sinking my more makeable birdie putts… and it is A LOT of fun.

Back