SeeMore Putters Thread

Looking forward to some awesome news for 2024.

Pop Tv Sarcasm GIF by Schitt's Creek

testing different milling patterns on the Nashville series and mini Giant Series…do you have a favorite?
I'm not partial to any particular milling pattern as long as it is deep.

Thanks for the input. THP family - do you look at milling patterns in a putter more for feel or performance?
After further thought, and additional caffeine, my default response on Monday of "no particular pattern as long as it is deep" isn't entirely accurate.

I love the look and feel of a putter with a deep milled face. With that said, I had previously believed that the purpose of a putter's face milling was sound/feel. However, with the introduction of milling designs that assist with distance control, I realize that there can be a performance benefit to the milling as well.

To answer yesterday's question. Performance is edging out feel.

Will you be able to share any pictures of the milling styles you are testing?

Thanks for the input. THP family - do you look at milling patterns in a putter more for feel or performance?

That’s a tricky question. Obviously the answer would be feel because that’s something we can subjectively tell the difference in. I doubt many of us truly understand the differences in milling patterns and how they affect performance. I honestly have no idea.

Getting some good feedback on this. Hope to have this as a topic on The Putting Couch podcast soon.

I think there is a ton we could learn from the putting couch podcast on tours tbh!

Working on a few new things for The Putting Couch podcast this season. Hoping to share soon with the THP family.

It’ll be a great 45 to 50 minute listen!

Back