Shot Scope X5 Adds Hole Maps

If you haven't already, get in touch with the guys at support@shotscope.com. They will get back to you asap and be able to check all of this out.
How many shots or rounds or what timeframe are looked at to determine the P-AVG distances shown on the watch? If I look at these distances in Settings, they don't match up with any of the choices on the club performance screen in the Dashboard for any number of rounds.

How many shots or rounds or what timeframe are looked at to determine the P-AVG distances shown on the watch? If I look at these distances in Settings, they don't match up with any of the choices on the club performance screen in the Dashboard for any number of rounds.

It is from the last 30 shots you have played with that club. It therefore allows it to be current, if you play quite a bit of golf.

It is from the last 30 shots you have played with that club. It therefore allows it to be current, if you play quite a bit of golf.

So, just like MyStrategy! That is why none of the three line up with any of the standard choices like last 5, 10, 15 rounds, etc.! Thanks!

What clubs are you expecting to be shown, and what clubs are being shown? The hole view:

"...your longest 3 clubs will be available to overlay on the map.
The orange P-Avg distance line will display on all Par 4 and 5 holes. P-Avg distances will not show on Par 3’s, alternatively the white distance line will display.

By default X5 will display your longest club but you can easily change club by selecting ‘P-Avg Distance’ in the menu or taping the club tag. A white distance line is available on all holes. Simply swipe up or down on the screen and you will adjust the position of the distance line on the hole."
Here's what I'm seeing.
tempImageAIIS58.png

Which almost matches what I'd expect to see here. Not exactly but 1 yard with these clubs isn't going to change anything. But I am slightly confused why the watch isn't displaying the correct tags. It should be showing D - 3w - x1 and it's strange in general that if they're pulling from the same dataset, why the numbers wouldn't match exactly.
IMG_4735.PNG

And then the MyStrategy numbers are completely different from each of these. I'm aware MyStrategy pulls from your last 30(?) shots but I basically want to know where the numbers on the watch are coming from and if the tags are supposed to match or if they just default to D-x1-x2 and will always be displayed that way. Also possibly worth noting, the Avg Dist here is much closer to my Longest shot than an average. I'm not routinely hitting 245 yard 4 irons

tempImageWxldog.png

I'm aware MyStrategy pulls from your last 30(?) shots but I basically want to know where the numbers on the watch are coming from and if the tags are supposed to match or if they just default to D-x1-x2 and will always be displayed that way.
On the watch, instead of the club itself, the tag is displayed for those three longest clubs. In my case, mine shows D-3W-H1. The H1 is what I have assigned to my 5W. Go into your "My Bag", or physically check to see if you don't have the X1 and X2 tags in and assigned to your 2W and 5W. In my case, 30 shots with the driver will occur within 3 rounds, but 30 shots with a 3W can be over a very long time as I use it mostly on 2nd shots (layups) on par 5s and thus mark those shots as "Positional".

On the watch, instead of the club itself, the tag is displayed for those three longest clubs. In my case, mine shows D-3W-H1. The H1 is what I have assigned to my 5W. Go into your "My Bag", or physically check to see if you don't have the X1 and X2 tags in and assigned to your 2W and 5W. In my case, 30 shots with the driver will occur within 3 rounds, but 30 shots with a 3W can be over a very long time as I use it mostly on 2nd shots (layups) on par 5s and thus mark those shots as "Positional".
I have the correct tags in the clubs (D-3w-X1). Maybe I'm misunderstanding the source then. Is it the last 30 shots tagged on the watch itself, separate from what is uploaded into the app?

I have the correct tags in the clubs (D-3w-X1). Maybe I'm misunderstanding the source then. Is it the last 30 shots tagged on the watch itself, separate from what is uploaded into the app?
Good question. If it is the last 30 shots tagged just on the watch, it would include shots that are usually not included by marking them as positional. Otherwise, I assume the watch is somehow connected to one's account when synching it with the app and that is where it gets the P-AVG from. Out of curiosity, what is your X2 tag assigned to?

Good question. If it is the last 30 shots tagged just on the watch, it would include shots that are usually not included by marking them as positional. Otherwise, I assume the watch is somehow connected to one's account when synching it with the app and that is where it gets the P-AVG from. Out of curiosity, what is your X2 tag assigned to?
Right, and in that case it would also include errors or missed shots which would render it fairly unusable.

Here's my bag. I don't have anything assigned to X2 and I don't think I ever have
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 10.20.51 AM.png

Here's my bag. I don't have anything assigned to X2 and I don't think I ever have
That is really strange. Contact Shot Scope support like Gavin suggested and see if they can't figure it out, I'm at a loss at this point as it seems to be working correctly for me.

That is really strange. Contact Shot Scope support like Gavin suggested and see if they can't figure it out, I'm at a loss at this point as it seems to be working correctly for me.
I'll email them today and try to follow up here with any solutions. Hopefully it's just user error and will be an easy fix

It is the last 30 shots uploaded.

The system thinks the X2 tag is in your 3W, not sure why - support will figure it out.

The reason it shows the tags as that means we limit what the watch will show to 20 static possibilities rather than a lot of options of what is tagged in my bag.

The reason it shows the tags as that means we limit what the watch will show to 20 static possibilities rather than a lot of options of what is tagged in my bag.
That makes sense. I'll have to try scanning the x2 tag and see if that registers as 3w and there was a mix up or something. Either way, thanks for giving some explanation, I feel like I can trust the numbers now!

Well, I played 9 today and used my X5 for the first time. I ended my round and tried to sync my round in the app and after 100%, it doesn't show anything... Am I missing something? Was I supposed to be connected via Bluetooth to my phone the whole time or something?? Because the connection dropped once I got too far away from the cart.. I'm lost. Lol.

Well, I played 9 today and used my X5 for the first time. I ended my round and tried to sync my round in the app and after 100%, it doesn't show anything... Am I missing something? Was I supposed to be connected via Bluetooth to my phone the whole time or something?? Because the connection dropped once I got too far away from the cart.. I'm lost. Lol.
You don't have the watch connected to your phone during the round.

Not sure about not showing anything after syncing. You may have to reach out to CS for that one.

What "doesn't show anything", the app, the watch? Out of curiosity, check the online Dashboard in your browser and see if the round shows up there and let us know.

Currently updating the firmware on my X5, excited for the new updates

Played a course I’ve only played a handful of times. Have the hole feature can in handy on a few on them, especially, or unfortunately, when I had to punch out a layup.

I have 1 9-hole round in history on my watch. But it won't upload the round to the app... Is there anything I should try and don't get it to upload besides syncing the round when I connect to the app? Because when I sync the round, which would be the only round I've had with the watch so far, nothing shows on the app. Any advice?

the latest update for Arccos completely wrecked it on my Galaxy 4 watch so that it just shows gibberish now.

enough of that garbage, I ordered the Shot Scope X5 today.
hopefully i'll get up to speed with it in time for Ballyhack in early May!

Here we go!

Connected, clubs loaded, course loaded...putting into play with some THPers tomorrow!

PXL_20240419_200313404~2.jpg

Clubs set up and assigned in the "My Bag" feature?
Yes, did that right away too.
I printed out the user guide and it stepped me thru everything for setup. Remembering how to use it on the course today will be a bit of a learning curve tho.

slight learning curve for me the last 2 days with the Shot Scope X5 but it's working exactly as promised. i'm coming from Arccos and it's just a different way of interacting on the course. i definitely need to remember to close each hole as i walk off the green.

the hole maps are a great feature, and it's so easy to swipe over to the hazard and layup distances. much much easier than pulling my phone out.

really glad i made the switch!

i definitely need to remember to close each hole as i walk off the green.
There is a "Pin Reminder" function you can enable in Settings.

With me, using Manual putting, I need to remember to mark the location of my first putt! I wish there was a "reminder" for that! :)

Back