Shot Scope X5 Watch

Would love to hear your preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from Arccos to the X5. Overall I think the performance of the Arccos is better. Tags are picked-up better and the user interface of the app is much more user-friendly. Also, one feature that I miss in ShotScope is the manual selection of shot that are included or excluded in the stats.

But…is that worth the € 160,- annual fee for Arccos?

I keep using the X5 for now but am still not convinced it’s the best device out there. Might switch to Garmin S62 w/ tags or back to Arccos.

I do carry (and prefer) a range finder for distances but feel that the X5 is pretty accurate on that as well.

Fairways & Greens

I think the performance of the Arccos is better. Tags are picked-up better and the user interface of the app is much more user-friendly. Also, one feature that I miss in ShotScope is the manual selection of shot that are included or excluded in the stats.
There are only a couple of instances where my Shot Scope tags/shots are not recorded, when I duff a shot (shots must go at least 5 yards to keep practice swings from being recorded as shots), or on a few rare occasions where I used the same club within 45 seconds (the 2nd part of their algorithm - easily overcome by changing to another club then back again), or when I have choked down on a club around the green before the tag got recognized.

Any shot except for tee shots can be excluded from the stats by marking the shot as "Positional" when editing.

There are only a couple of instances where my Shot Scope tags/shots are not recorded, when I duff a shot (shots must go at least 5 yards to keep practice swings from being recorded as shots), or on a few rare occasions where I used the same club within 45 seconds (the 2nd part of their algorithm - easily overcome by changing to another club then back again), or when I have choked down on a club around the green before the tag got recognized.

Any shot except for tee shots can be excluded from the stats by marking the shot as "Positional" when editing.
I've heard the choking down one before a few times, I always pull and hold with my left hand up top when I go to my ball, so even if I'm choking down I always start with my write up top.

Anyone know the "cool features" coming with the entire hole view coming to the x5. I am excited to see what they are working on and they mentioned it would be coming soon(before the season)

New app update today

IMG_5680.png

I've heard the choking down one before a few times, I always pull and hold with my left hand up top when I go to my ball, so even if I'm choking down I always start with my write up top.
Since I ride, and especially on CPO days, I may have a lengthy walk to my ball. So, I grab my club(s) by the hosel and carry my clubs that way to avoid having the tag detected and a shot recorded. Usually, around the green, I will hold the club at the end of the grip before choking down, but, on a rare occasion, I don't do that step.

I switched from Arccos to the X5. Overall I think the performance of the Arccos is better. Tags are picked-up better and the user interface of the app is much more user-friendly. Also, one feature that I miss in ShotScope is the manual selection of shot that are included or excluded in the stats.

But…is that worth the € 160,- annual fee for Arccos?

I keep using the X5 for now but am still not convinced it’s the best device out there. Might switch to Garmin S62 w/ tags or back to Arccos.

I do carry (and prefer) a range finder for distances but feel that the X5 is pretty accurate on that as well.

Fairways & Greens

Thanks for this.

The X5 worked good yesterday, but the battery iwas on fumes after a 4hr and 5 minute round yesterday.

Anyone else having those battery issues?

Last edited:
The X5 worked good yesterday it was on fume after a 4hr and 5 minute round yesterday.

Anyone else having battery issues?
I’ve not played with it since the new update. Mine had plenty of batteries a couple weeks ago after around.

The X5 worked good yesterday, but the battery iwas on fumes after a 4hr and 5 minute round yesterday.

Anyone else having those battery issues?
How much do you interface with the watch and what features do you use during a round? Other than looking at it for F/M/B distances, recording my putts at the hole (I am currently using Auto putting), and occasionally checking the distance I may have hit a drive, that is it. I don't use scoring, don't look at the "green view" or anything else. After my 2/12 hour rounds, I typically have 60-63% battery life left, which would seem to easily get me through a 5-hour round.

How much do you interface with the watch and what features do you use during a round? Other than looking at it for F/M/B distances, recording my putts at the hole (I am currently using Auto putting), and occasionally checking the distance I may have hit a drive, that is it. I don't use scoring, don't look at the "green view" or anything else. After my 2/12 hour rounds, I typically have 60-63% battery life left, which would seem to easily get me through a 5-hour round.
Distances and sometimes seeing how far a drive went. Never use green view. Manual putting but I usually forget to hit the button

I checked before I left the house, it was 100%. Started it 10 minutes before we teed off

This was the first time in many rounds that happened so hope it's not a sign of things to come 👍🏼

Mine had the issue with it going to last shot distance unbidden. Also added a putt or tow without touching anything and I use manual putting. I'm not overly concerned this early in the season though.

Mine had the issue with it going to last shot distance unbidden. Also added a putt or tow without touching anything and I use manual putting. I'm not overly concerned this early in the season though.
Maybe wait and see how it performs after the new firmware update.

Updating my firmware now!

Looks like a great update. If my Garmin ever dies, I will definitely look at the X5.

Just ordered some other sensors because they were free. If they don’t work out, which I expect them to not due to the frustrations of many, I will move back to the X5. I do like the looks of this update and that a firmware reset seems to fix many’s problems on the watch.

How come I am not seeing the firmware update

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

How come I am not seeing the firmware update

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
Did you update the app through the play store or whatever flavour yours is?
Did you connect the watch to the app?

X5 was flawless again in my Sunday round

Back