That's awesome to hear, hoping next weekend we can have similar conditions. The hill got dumped on last night, so hoping for enough throughout the week to keep it around.

Sure a lot of people were madd jealous of the Heads Steel.

I'm with you buddy - already planning to head up to the mountain again on Friday/Saturday. We received over 17" the last few days and it's never supposed to get warmer than 35 degrees on the mountain - conditions should be great again.

The Heads performed really well in the fresh stuff. Carved it up.

Hope we both get some great conditions next weekend. I'd like to get another good 3 weeks of skiing before I shift into full out golf mode.

Steel Tappin'

Fingers crossed man. By the sounds your conditions are unbelievable. We already have a cottage booked for a bunch of us to go, could really use some of that powder if you don't mind pushing some thing way.

Great to hear the Heads perform almost as good as they look haha not sure it's possible to out perform those looks.

Agree with you on the golf situation as well. Though we have about another 6 weeks at least here before conditions will get warm enough to uncover the greens.

I'm off for a couple of days boarding this weekend at a local slope. Hoping for some friendly conditions, as this will be my first time on a real hill, outdoors.

I'm off for a couple of days boarding this weekend at a local slope. Hoping for some friendly conditions, as this will be my first time on a real hill, outdoors.

Best of luck. Don't be surprised if you fall in love.

No boarding for me this year, baby on the way and so need to save.....also means not much in the way of new golf equipment :-(

Enjoy. Like golf, it can be a frustrating hobby to learn but it really is awesome fun.

Steel Tappin'

Best of luck. Don't be surprised if you fall in love.

Enjoy. Like golf, it can be a frustrating hobby to learn but it really is awesome fun.

Thanks guys. Really looking forward to it. I've learned on an indoor slope, but I'm keen to get out into a bit of space so I can play around a bit and not be looking over my shoulder for a young boy hurtling at me out of control!

Just got a new jacket and boarding pants delivered, so I'm as all set as I'm going to get.

i wasn't gonna go this year due to the weather being so warm and the conditions sucking..... but i may make a trip up if the weather stays cool to the poconos for a day or 2.

Just got back from Deer Valley. On the last day we got 17 inches of fresh powder. We were able to make first tracks on the freshies for several runs. It was a blast. We then made our way over to the less-used side of the resort (Deer Crest) and while we were not first to take the runs, each run had large areas of untouched powder as well. It was awesome!

I live in Cincinnati and we really only have one local spot to ski. I've played golf more times in January and February than I have gone skiing. I'm definitely not complaining about that but I would like there to be a couple good skiing days before the winters over. It's been averaging upper 40s the whole winter which makes the snow pretty bad.

Just got back from Deer Valley. On the last day we got 17 inches of fresh powder. We were able to make first tracks on the freshies for several runs. It was a blast. We then made our way over to the less-used side of the resort (Deer Crest) and while we were not first to take the runs, each run had large areas of untouched powder as well. It was awesome!

Sounds like pure buttery heaven.

Sounds like pure buttery heaven.

It was indeed. I had just switched to more upright boots this season... which made my powder runs unbelievably smooth.

It was indeed. I had just switched to more upright boots this season... which made my powder runs unbelievably smooth.

Next thing you know you'll be buying fat boys and heli skiing.

I love skiing in POW up to my taint!

Not a big skiing person myself but my little brother is going to Breckinridge CO in a couple weeks! He's into skiing and snowboarding! Personally I'll never go on vacation somewhere where it's colder than Philly! I need sand and sun. Whatever floats your boat!

So we're set for hitting the slopes at 8:30 Saturday morning and the forecast is giving 20cm of snow starting late Friday. :banana:

I'm not a fan of animations, but if this happens it will be pretty awesome. We're not a place that gets a large amount of powder compared to most of the places you guys go, so 20cm for us is like 18inch to you guys haha.

Next thing you know you'll be buying fat boys and heli skiing.

Already done the heliskiing... actually, we were boarding. We went to alaska and did both helicopter and snow mobile drops. It was a blast. I don't want fat boys; I don't ski those conditions enough to warrant it. I do, however, want some rockers. And those would fit perfectly with my new more-upright boots.

Already done the heliskiing... actually, we were boarding. We went to alaska and did both helicopter and snow mobile drops. It was a blast. I don't want fat boys; I don't ski those conditions enough to warrant it. I do, however, want some rockers. And those would fit perfectly with my new more-upright boots.

Well crap then haha sounds like a time and a half.

put in a few days in NH last month but that'll be the extent of my "good" days on a mtn. really wanted to head out west this yr but just doesn't look like it'll happen.

Bit concerned about my planned trip this weekend. There's been a thaw this week and coverage isn't too good. Some snow last night, but we'll need major luck tonight and tomorrow to make it do-able. Fingers crossed!

Bit concerned about my planned trip this weekend. There's been a thaw this week and coverage isn't too good. Some snow last night, but we'll need major luck tonight and tomorrow to make it do-able. Fingers crossed!

Really hope it works out for you paulo.

We're leaving in a few hours. Suppose to get 10-15cm of snow overnight.

Really hope it works out for you paulo.

We're leaving in a few hours. Suppose to get 10-15cm of snow overnight.

Send a few my way!

Temp is dropping here so I'm hopeful we'll get something, if not ideal conditions. Itching to get out and break in my new clothing!

Good luck paulo.

Just getting ready to leave here now, snow if just starting. Hoping to stay ahead of it for the 2 hour drive.

Thanks to these guys (mostly Bobby Brown), I absolutely love skiing in Colorado. The dudes an animal...

Back