Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Went in the Superstore today, Didnt find any Q Stars so I asked someone. He said they were coming out the same time they are releasing the G20. Thats tomarrow.

cant wait to play these.

i will say this about the color, they do not look the same as the z star to me. the z star almost have a sparkle to them...like a metallic paint job while the q star or more of a flat yellow....if that make any sense?

I think they are pretty good. Especially for the price

anxious to give these a try. I have the tour yellow on order since they didn't have them locally.

I'm almost sold.

After stockpiling Z-Stars last year when they were on clearance at 2/$60, I promised myself that was the ball I was going to stick with the entire

I did and said the same, and then I used a Diablo Tour.....

Just catching up on everyones feedback. I can't wait to give these balls a try and compare them to the e-6's. How are these balls off the face of irons, anyone? From the sounds of it they sounds like the E-6 and even the B-330RX. Has anyone tried flop shots, bump and runs, ect,ect, kind of shots with the Q-Star? I'd be curious how it checks up on more technical shots rather than approach shots.

did we get any info on a european launch? all quiet on these this side of hte pond..

Mardin, I felt off of irons the ball was perhaps a bit harder than the e-6 but I did not notice a difference in distance and for me the ball had much more bite. One hop and stop versus the e-6 of one hop and rollout. I did hit both chips and flop shots and felt there was more spin on the ball than the e-6. I love the e-6 and I have been playing it all year. I did not try a bump and run.

Hope that helps

Mardin, I felt off of irons the ball was perhaps a bit harder than the e-6 but I did not notice a difference in distance and for me the ball had much more bite. One hop and stop versus the e-6 of one hop and rollout. I did hit both chips and flop shots and felt there was more spin on the ball than the e-6. I love the e-6 and I have been playing it all year. I did not try a bump and run.

Hope that helps

How was the spin compared to a lower-spinning tour balls (like the B330-RX or Pro V1x)?

Just catching up on everyones feedback. I can't wait to give these balls a try and compare them to the e-6's. How are these balls off the face of irons, anyone? From the sounds of it they sounds like the E-6 and even the B-330RX. Has anyone tried flop shots, bump and runs, ect,ect, kind of shots with the Q-Star? I'd be curious how it checks up on more technical shots rather than approach shots.

Mardin. I played 9 more with them today (I have 27 holes in them total) I think they are honestly comparable in most aspects to the e6. They are very very similar, almost identical to me in terms of distance and accuracy. Off of the irons they seem similar, I like the feeling of it off the irons. Not like a rock, but definately has some feel to it when you make contact. As for technical shots around the green this ball does a good job for me of hopping and then stopping. Between this and the UV: X3 for vision golf I have two great balls and I would game either in a hearbeat.

Mardin. I played 9 more with them today (I have 27 holes in them total) I think they are honestly comparable in most aspects to the e6. They are very very similar, almost identical to me in terms of distance and accuracy. Off of the irons they seem similar, I like the feeling of it off the irons. Not like a rock, but definately has some feel to it when you make contact. As for technical shots around the green this ball does a good job for me of hopping and then stopping. Between this and the UV: X3 for vision golf I have two great balls and I would game either in a hearbeat.

Well it's set then I have to buy a dozen. While I love both my gamers (Penta and ProV1x) I need to give this ball a shot beacuse I love the E-6 which everyone seems to be comparing it to. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Well it's set then I have to buy a dozen. While I love both my gamers (Penta and ProV1x) I need to give this ball a shot beacuse I love the E-6 which everyone seems to be comparing it to. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

I think it's a little better than the E6, Mardin. It felt like there was less side spin but more distance. I hit my 3w pretty bad last night but most of the shots ended up all in play and I was happy.

I was at a golf store last night and they didn't have the Q star balls out. I was a little disappointed, even though I know I don't need to be anymore golf balls for the next 2 years since I have a gross sitting in my closet.

Had another go with these balls. Well the only one I have left. What an incredible ball. Extremely long off the tee, and the irons it sticks. I dont think the ball feels as soft off the irons as the tour i(s) for me, but I'm unsure of thats based on core or cover. Still, for $25I don't know if I could beat this ball. It stays a little lower than the E5 for me, which is a plus.

Love it off the putter.

Man, I'm gonna have some decisions to make this weekend.... Should I pick up some Q Stars or another dozen 330 RX which I've really enjoyed playing?
So many golf balls and so little money...

Had another go with these balls. Well the only one I have left. What an incredible ball. Extremely long off the tee, and the irons it sticks. I dont think the ball feels as soft off the irons as the tour i(s) for me, but I'm unsure of thats based on core or cover. Still, for $25I don't know if I could beat this ball. It stays a little lower than the E5 for me, which is a plus.

Love it off the putter.

good stuff, Im gonna have to give these a try for sure!

for the most part, it seems like the QStar behave like the e6 --- pretty soft core for slower swing speed players to compress, straight flight, and has two colors, but most importantly, it's better around the greens than the e6.

now, my question is what's your experience compared to the e5 since both are two piece balls?

I'm gonna be testing the QStar a few more rounds before putting them in league play just to make sure. I currently game the e6 and e5.

Hi, I just registered here and I was wondering if anyone that had used this ball had also used the Callaway HX Hot Plus ball?

I just picked up a box of these last night and am taking them to the course today. We'll see if they can unseat the e6 from my bag. I also have some penta TP's in the bag thanks to that free half dozen they were doing a while back.

Hi, I just registered here and I was wondering if anyone that had used this ball had also used the Callaway HX Hot Plus ball?

First of all welcome to THP! Second I have used both and they are different balls for sure in my opinion. The Hot plus is a bit longer, but the Q-Star is much more accurate. The Q-Star is also much softer off your irons and putter spins much better around the green.

Played my first round with these today. I loved them! I think they are a touch shorter off the driver, but they are great around the green. They had just the right amount of spin for me. The ball spun back a bit on full wedges, but it would check and release nicely in chip shots. I liked the feel off the putter.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I played this ball yesterday in a scramble. They didn't go any straighter than my Z-Stars or the B330-s, but they did bite on the green pretty well. I think they are a steal at $25 and I would definately give them another go.

Played a sleeve yesterday, well 2 balls to be exact. I have been using the E6 for the past 2 months and find the E6 to be longer and slighter tighter. The Q Star shines in the short game arena however, it doesn't run out the way the E6 does and has better stopping power on chips and flops shots. For the short game performance I'll trade a few yards and dispersion. I'm going to compare the Q Star side by side with the HX Tour Diablo on Sunday.

I was worried about the lack of bite with these. But with the great reviews I'm gonna get a dozen

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Loving all of the good reviews on this ball, almost picked up a dozen yesterday but talked myself out of it cause I still have 3 dozen other balls to go through before I need to buy new. Definitely going to check this ball out when I need to restock though.

Back