Swing Thoughts - Forum Testing Review

It's been so hot here lately I haven't gotten out for a round, I did have a sweaty range session on Tuesday and I'm finding the same thing that Icey is, if I don't actually look for the band I dont' really notice it especially since when I get into a quick shot after shot routine. Should be going out mid week for a round with some friends I think I'll try it on my right arm to see if that might make it a bit more noticable during my pre swing routine.

I recently recieved 3 of these bands (ordered 1 ) due to a shipping error. Been using the focus band and I like it so far at the range. Will see if it benefits me at the course today

Been extremely hot here lately but did get out for 9 on Friday before the body didnt want to do anymore. The heat was so bad that had to change out gloves every 2 holes. With that being said the sweat that accrued underneath the band was terrible. Other than that it has been working as expected. This product has really helped to clear any extra thoughts before each swing and with having enough swing trouble before the band, this at least eliminates 1 more factor and helps me concentrate on the shot at hand. Have been using the band for a while now and still no sign of wear and tear or cracks in the paint fill.

Played 9 today after work with a good friend and shot a best 9 ever of 43. I wore the red visualize bracelet on my right arm today to better see it and had one of the best putting days I can remember. I picked a line, visualized where the ball would go and trusted that. I did have 2 3 putts but one of those 3 putts I lipped out 2 of those just bad luck. Going to try the swing smooth bracelet on my right hand next time I go out but I was able to see it quite well with it being on my non-gloved hand.

Guys, I would love to tell you that these bands worked for me. I would love to tell you that they solved my problems. I would love to tell you to rush out and buy one of every model immediately. They are a great company, and obviously care about there customers, and I wish them nothing but the best of luck.

For me, they just didn't work. They didn't hurt, but they didn't help. It is, quite simply, that simple. I believe that for a certain type of golfer, or even for the majority of golfers, they could be a tremendous asset. They are obviously working for some other THPers. I am not one of them.

Guys, I would love to tell you that these bands worked for me. I would love to tell you that they solved my problems. I would love to tell you to rush out and buy one of every model immediately. They are a great company, and obviously care about there customers, and I wish them nothing but the best of luck.

For me, they just didn't work. They didn't hurt, but they didn't help. It is, quite simply, that simple. I believe that for a certain type of golfer, or even for the majority of golfers, they could be a tremendous asset. They are obviously working for some other THPers. I am not one of them.
We appreciate your candor.

I've used it more as a range training guide. It's helped me a lot, but I just did not see myself turning to it or even paying attention to it during a round on a regular basis. On the range, I did.

It helped me tremendously in focusing my thoughts and that translated to better focus when playing. Some people need help with the focus, others don't.

I'm still liking the Focus band. I don't look down at it as much down but I defintely feel more comfortable when wearing it compared to times I forget it at home. It does help sometimes when I am rattled to look down at the band to refocus.

We appreciate your candor.

I've used it more as a range training guide. It's helped me a lot, but I just did not see myself turning to it or even paying attention to it during a round on a regular basis. On the range, I did.

It helped me tremendously in focusing my thoughts and that translated to better focus when playing. Some people need help with the focus, others don't.

At this point it really isnt the band that is helping me. It is because of the band that I developed a pre-shot routine that works for me and has continued to work for me. I actually have both bands attached to my bag now so when I go get a club out of it, I see it and reminds me to continuously go through my routine.

I went to the range today at lunch. I put the band on today instead of leaving it on my bag. I used the Red Swing Thought band and really focused on using it with every shot. As I said in my last post, because of the band I have developed a routine that has been working for me, but I wore the band today and had a pretty good session with my Mashie M3 and PW. I hit a bunch of very good balls. Out of 80 balls I would venture to guess I hit 60-65 really well. The rest were chunks with my PW. I am working through that problem right now. The band is still holding up very well. No obvious signs of wear and I have worn it in severe heat and humidity. The idea behind the product is very simple but it might just be what I needed to help my golf game out. I personally feel that most of golf is mental and if this can give me a mental edge, I will continue to use it (whether on my wrist or my bag).

I need to get one of these - my mind wanders BIG time on the course and it costs me.

Between the extreme heat here in GA, and the pop-up storms, the golfing has taken a little bit of a hit. However, I was fortunate to get to the course today. I am still using the orange Swing Smoth band, and it is now part of my routine. I did feel myself rushing a little on a few shots, and I made it a point to look at the band before I started my back swing. It is just nice having that instant thing to focus on when I need it.

Even with the extreme heat and constant perspiration the band still looks brand new, with no paint fill wear either. They did a really good job on producing these.

Took my Swing Smooth band out to the range this afternoon and had a WONDERFUL range session. Kept the swing smooth thought in my mind the whole time and really only hit 2-3 bad shots the whole time. Next round of golf I play I might wear them both the swing smooth for all of my full swing shots and visualize for on the green. Really liking the simplicity of these bands they really are helpful for a headcase such as myself.

It's amazing how much my swing thought "tempo" bracelet has become a part of my golf preparation and actual golf. I feel a bit slighted without it. I was pretty pessimistic at first but I can't tell you how much this thing effects my psyche. It keeps me focused, grounded, and prepared for my next shot. It's very much a part of my routine. I hope it doesn't ever break.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

TC, I've experienced the same. In my limited time using the Focus ST Band I have scored better and had a lot less of those mental lapses that have lead to doubles and triples in the past.

TC, I've experienced the same. In my limited time using the Focus ST Band I have scored better and had a lot less of those mental lapses that have lead to doubles and triples in the past.

I only wish that it could help with my putter, lol

if you told me it did, I would buy 7 of them right now. Think we could custom make one that says "sink the putt"

I am still liking my red Focus band. I still can't really say if it helps me out, but I do like wearing it. Makes me feel like I am missing something when I forget to use it.

The other day during my practice session, I pulled the bracelet up on my forearm so it was tight and even more visible. I seemed to notice it more. Still think it's a great practice aid on the range. I just don't pay much attention to it on the course when I get zoned in to play. Love the product and concept.

It absolutely has helped with my putting. It calm's me down and makes me think about my pre-shot routine every time. So instead of rushing and pushing a 3 footer wide, I stop, take my time, and make the putt. Like I have said all along, most of golf is mental and if there is something that can keep me calm and sharp mentally, I will use it 10 out of 10 times. That product is the Swing Thought band. Simplicity at is finest. I know it sounds cheesy but for me it has made a major difference.

Shot a decent 49 last night with the red visualize. I really like this band for putting as it helps me concentrate on visualizing the line that I'm looking at and actually seeing the ball go in. If only it could help on my pace I'm still having issues leaving putts short. Overall another good round with the band I'm really liking these, might pick up another band in blue.

I am still using my Swing Smooth band, and it is now part of my normal routine, and it goes on when I get to the course. It is just nice having something to focus on when I need it...like have accountability on my wrist. I also really like the contrast with the Vision glove I am trying out.

6056947218_4e5061db7f_z.jpg

I agree Chewie, it has become a normal part of my routine also. I have forgetten it in the car before I drove back from the 1st tee to get it.

Question for the testers and anyone else that has purchased one of these. Long term, do you feel like the bracelet continues to serve it's purpose? I know that during a good portion of the testing that it did but I am wondering if it is something that you just got accustomed to wearing and forgot about it while on?

I have an issue with not keeping my head down throughout the swing and was thinking of getting a "Focus" band. I know that initially it would probably work because I never wear bracelets so feel that I would notice it but am wondering if I would forget about it being on after wearing for 2 plus months, etc. Thanks!!

I think it serves its purpose to a point. It is not a miracle bracelet but it does help in giving you reminders when needed. The braclet itself is holding up well. I have some paint chips but it is not bad at all. I play on taking some pictures of it tonight.

I've been meaning to update this thread, glad it got bumped. I think these are what they are. A bracelet that acts as a reminder if you remember to look down at it during your round. I still wear mine each round in hopes that I'll glance at it ANC remember to keep my tempo in check. Last round I played and shot an 88 and I do think the swing tempo helped keep my mind in check. I think these help you in a couple ways. One they remind you of one simple thing. And two by keeping it simple they help you stay focused and uncluttered.

Back