T.P. Mills Center Shafted "Huey" - Demo Thread

Okay guys, I'm missing the Huey........so anyone want to send it back to me for a few weeks? I'll take more pics, write up some detailed thoughts during my rounds with it, whatever it takes to get it back in my bag and this thread back up and moving again!

The Huey has moved on today. I am sad to see it go. It is avery nice putter and from the moment I got to bag it, it did nothing but makemy score lower. But some good thingsmust end and the US Post office has promised to get it to the next tester. So,Stephen Davis (is that you DR.Teeth?) Craig game me your name and address asthe next tester. You should be getting it sometime this week have fun withit. I look forward to your reviews.

Enjoy, Doctor T!

Good job on the reviews folks, look forward to hearing from the good Doctor.

I was greeted this weekend with a beautiful package. You know the kind... tall... skinny... full of goodness! No I am not talking about my wife (although she is all of those things. No, it was a putter box and I could not wait to get it open. I know those of you following this thread have seen pictures, but I still wanted to add mine to the mix. Here they are.

First impressions were, WOW! This is a beautiful putter! I am partial to CS putters and this thing is just elegant. The craftsmanship on this putter is just amazing and I love the simple lines of this putter. I also love the smoke colored shaft and the detail in the grip. The only thing I would change about this putter as far as looks go is I would change the aim line to either white or black (it is navy), but this is being super nit picky.

The feel of this putter is great. It has a great balance to it and although the grip is smaller than my usual grip (I use a Winn Pro Pistol grip, which is slightly smaller than a standard putter grip) it feels fantastic in your hands. Almost has a velvety texture to it. Like I said before the design on the grip is beautiful and it is that kind of attention to detail that just make this putter stand out.

Back to the putter itself. I got to take it out to my indoor practice facility today and roll it for about a half an hour. I was a little nervous about switching to this putter because I am used to putting with a high MOI putter. I needn’t have worry, this putter is extremely stabile. I was impressed by the consistent roll this putter puts on the ball. It feels great. In fact, I really love the way this putter feels. The shaft that they have in here feels different than any putter shaft I have used. It is hard to describe, but it just feels really responsive. The putter face is really soft, and like I said before, it puts a great roll on the ball.

Final, thoughts on my practice session today. While I was at this indoor practice area, the OSU men and women's teams came in to practice. I had two different people ask to look at my putter, and each one was commenting on the beauty of this putter.

Well, I had a custom TP Mills for the past two months that Craig had sent me to try out, and with my 40th coming up, my wife told me to talk to Craig about adding a TP Mills putter to my bag permanently. So today my package arrived. I was able to purchase the "Huey" that made its rounds thru the South. I will post pics when I get home, as I am heading out shortly to play 9. I can't wait to see this thing on thegreens again.:bananadance:

Well, the "Huey" is now home, as my wife told me to purchase it, since I really did enjoy it. I took it straight to the course when UPS dropped it off. Started off my round by shorting the par 5 1st by a few yards, pulled the "Huey", and sank it for par. I forgot how effortless this putter was to swing. I played 9 holes and had 14 putts, and I think I missed only 1 or 2 inside of 6 feet. So I am very happy with my TP Mills addition, and Craig was kind enough to regrip it for me and sent along a new no Three Jacks headcover as well.

6722641075_5b837b80bf.jpg

6722642403_b4a29c2b78.jpg

6722642955_6fd349823f.jpg

6722643389_8ae4e1a61e.jpg

Well, the "Huey" is now home, as my wife told me to purchase it, since I really did enjoy it. I took it straight to the course when UPS dropped it off. Started off my round by shorting the par 5 1st by a few yards, pulled the "Huey", and sank it for par. I forgot how effortless this putter was to swing. I played 9 holes and had 14 putts, and I think I missed only 1 or 2 inside of 6 feet. So I am very happy with my TP Mills addition, and Craig was kind enough to regrip it for me and sent along a new no Three Jacks headcover as well.
I kinda hate you right now.
Nah, happy birthday and have fun with it, just know I swung her before you :alien:

You can come up and swing her for a round whenever you want. I am trying to come down to Macon next month some time.

Chew that's awesome looking, I love the new grip and the 3 Jack headcover. Enjoy!

congrats chewie.... if i could buy another center shafted huey today i would..... i really got a great feel for it today on the course and it holds the line like no other putter i have ever used before.... i need to work on my stance but i think if i get that fixed this putter is gonna be money....

I have had the opportunity to get quite a bit of practice time in with this putter, sadly no playing time as of yet, but I wanted to update my previous post with my thoughts on the performance of this putter. I won't talk much about looks, because we already know this putter is drop dead gorgeous. And I am not going to talk a lot about feel because 1) everyone prefers something different when it comes to feel and 2) this putter feels awesome! Haha. What I do want to talk about is the performance, just how does this thing work when you have it in your hands. Because when it comes to putting the only thing that really matters is does it help me make more putts. I have to say that this putter does that. Let me explain why I think it does that.

First off, it is superbly made. This thing is precision milled and so you would expect that when it impacts the ball there is no flaws in the putter that would make it mishit the ball.

Second, the weight and balance of this putter just feels perfect. When you grip this putter it just feels like it is so balanced and that the weight is distributed in such a way that it encourages you to make a smooth stroke and strike the ball solidly. This is not billed as a high MOI putter, but I am sure the MOI on this guy is pretty significant. It is hard to move open or closed once you have it going, which is fantastic.

Third, I think the forward angle that they have set the hosel at is perfect. This may seem like a small point, but it is not. Also, I am it talking about the lie angle, what I am referring to is when you place this putter squarely on the ground the hosel is either perfectly vertical or ever so slightly offset to the left (which is how it appears to me). What this does is places your ha ds over the ball at address. I LOVE this! In this position I feel very in control and confident. I feel like I find too many putters that set up with the shaft tilting away from the hole and it drives me nuts!

Finally, and to me if I had to pick my favorite feature of this putter, this would be it, hands down. It is nearly impossible to not set this putter up square to your target. I am not kidding. You put this putter down and it is square. It is actually pretty amazing. Another one of my pet peves with putters is when you put them down they rotate to an open position and you have to manipulate them to be square. Well how do you know if you have over manipulated them and now your putter face is closed. With this putter it just stays square to your target, no rocking, now twisting open, none of that, just a square club face ready to strike the ball in the intended direction. And isn't that what we want? To hit the ball on the line of our choosing! Like I said, this is the feature about this putter that really makes it stand out in my eyes.

Nice post Dr. Teeth. When I had it I found the grip helped me really keep things square. Yeah, it's skinny but even if I gripped too hard the club didn't twist in my hands.

Nice post Dr. Teeth. When I had it I found the grip helped me really keep things square. Yeah, it's skinny but even if I gripped too hard the club didn't twist in my hands.

I totally agree.

The Huey is moving on tomorrow and I am pretty sad. I really like this putter and it is one of my favorite putters I have ever used. I used it for my 9 holes today and I had nice putting day. I had 16 putts, which is around my average for 9 holes. I love the way the ball feels when it comes off my putter face. I also love how solid the putter is during the stroke and at impact. The ball comes of smooth and with a very consistent roll. I am still in love with how perfectly square this putter sets up at address and this squareness is consistent throughout the stroke. Like I said before I will miss this putter when it is gone. Thank you so much TP Mills for allowing me to spend some time with this putter.

Not a fan of the looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back