TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

Wow guys, I'm a n00b here but let me say, I've been on a few golf websites and this is BY FAR, the best website in terms of user reviews and input - so this is MAJOR KUDOS for everyone who has taken the time to do the videos and write up the reports. What I also like is that you guys stick to the point and no "hate" posts, which is amazing.

Last thing: 57 pages!

Taylormade has certainly made a wise and top decision to unleash their wedges here and the majority of the reviews been positive and with the expected cons as well.

Keep it up! Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Wow guys, I'm a n00b here but let me say, I've been on a few golf websites and this is BY FAR, the best website in terms of user reviews and input - so this is MAJOR KUDOS for everyone who has taken the time to do the videos and write up the reports. What I also like is that you guys stick to the point and no "hate" posts, which is amazing.

Taylormade has certainly made a wise and top decision to unleash their wedges here and the majority of the reviews been positive and with the expected cons as well.

Thanks for the positive feedback SB, we all appreciate it dude. Also, welcome to THP...as you said, it really is a fantastic place to receive genuine feedback on a variety of golf related items without all the other BS. It is hands down the best golf equipment forum I've been a part of, IMO...I've been around a number of them in the past, and never seen one anywhere near as solid as this one.

Thanks, gents.

Due, I attribute a lot of it to my bright green shorts and purple polo. Maybe next time I will rock my Polo powder pink seersucker shorts for my video. I'm still up in the air on that though, I don't want to get Kmac too excited.

haha, I really should have left that off because it takes away from the great play. I could hit 10 shots like that and not get any to hit the same exact line, well done.

Thanks swingblues, everyone is working hard to put these through the paces, but the wedge is flat getting it done. I had some learning curve on a couple shots, but the ATV has a ton to offer.

Thanks for the kind words, all of the testers have been working hard in their own ways to test this wedge and make sure it works to its full potential. Even when I've tried to dislike the wedge since I was comfortable with my xFT wedges, the ATV has out performed my xFT in so many ways, which is a huge thing for me since I've been working hard on my short game which has been hard. I really am enjoying this as my highest lofted wedge

Thanks for the kind words, all of the testers have been working hard in their own ways to test this wedge and make sure it works to its full potential. Even when I've tried to dislike the wedge since I was comfortable with my xFT wedges, the ATV has out performed my xFT in so many ways, which is a huge thing for me since I've been working hard on my short game which has been hard. I really am enjoying this as my highest lofted wedge

Im in the same boat as you Uriel. I thought I found the xFT a permanent wedge for my bag but it shows that TM out did themselves with the ATV lineup. Im in total ponder mode to ATV the rest of the set.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Im in the same boat as you Uriel. I thought I found the xFT a permanent wedge for my bag but it shows that TM out did themselves with the ATV lineup. Im in total ponder mode to ATV the rest of the set.

I'm going to keep the 52 xFT for approach shots and pitches though, I really like it. But around the green and the bunker, the ATV has been a game changer, now all I need is to improve my putting skills and I may bring my strokes down

I thinking of getting a 52*ATV and keeping my 60* xFT for the real tight lies until I can find my groove on those shots.

Buddy, thanks for the kind words. And I agree, this place brings it time and time again with not only the product reviews, but just general golf help and I think all of us would tell you, we are doing our best to give the readers the best possible review and insight that we can. This has been a fun testing, because going in, none of us really knew what to expect out of the ATV and it has been a blast to see the guys ALL have different experiences and learn new aspects of the game with it. Guys are performing out of the sand, after maybe struggling with it with other wedges. My green side game has improved remarkably, and if I can nail down longer approaches, the ATV could and will be a game changer for me. It's something new and I think we all figure something else out, every time we hit the links or the range.

As I have said in posts past, I wasn't a guy that rushed out to try TaylorMade products. The ATV has changed my mind regarding that, and I should probably pay more attention to TaylorMade going forward. I am far from a TaylorMade homer, as this is the first TM product I have ever bagged. So if I am singing its praises, its not because I am a fan boy, it's because it performs.

Again, thanks for the kind words and we will keep doing our best to inform.

haha, I really should have left that off because it takes away from the great play. I could hit 10 shots like that and not get any to hit the same exact line, well done.

Thanks, due. When the camera was on I was actually getting pissed at myself on the inside because I felt like my results were worse than they had been recently...I am too much of a perfectionist, turns out they were pretty solid and my putter bailed me out a few times when needed. I am glad you said it about the green shorts, haha, I got a good laugh out of it dude. I love those green shorts...and the pink seersucker ones are a trip.

SwingBlues -- Thanks for the kind words. We have all enjoyed working with the ATV and it has earned it's honors through solid performance. Welcome aboard the forum!

So after last night's practice session with the ATVs I wasn't overly optimistic going into league tonight as I've seemed to struggle a bit with these in practice. Odd thing is that in real rounds they've worked well. I think in practice I try to get overly cute. Fast forward to league tonight. On the first hole i had about 60 yards in and I hit the 56 and the darn thing bit too quick. Oh well, still was right on line. I knew when I chose it that the amount of green I had called for the 50 degree but ignored my brain. On the 3rd hole I was 105 yards out on the par 5 on my 3rd shot. I pulled out the 50 degree and hit it a bit deep but it was right on target. Straight downhill 20 foot putt that I made for birdie. Two holes later and I'd short sided myself and was in the deep rough hitting to a pin about 10 feet away. I used the 56 degree and put it to 3 feet with a dead uphill putt that I made for par. I didn't use wedges on the next couple of holes but on the last hole I had about 60 yards to the pin with plenty of green to work with and pulled out the 50 degree and hit a shot that ran out and lipped out for eagle. Tap in birdie. Needless to say, I was quite happy with the performance of the wedges with real pressure applied. I love the 50 degree and am courting the 56 degree.

Here is my recent video that was lost by the back up. I'm not as proud of this one hah

These are my other videos from before
Spoiler
[video=youtube;8o-ric7wZr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-ric7wZr0[/video]

Nice video dude, you are a video making guru lol.

Whoa we lost a few post in here I think.

Guys, this is a review thread. While we understand that there has been a brief hiccup on a few reviews, please keep this thread to reviews and leave the banter out.

I hope to be back out there tomorrow after family head for home. I kind of miss swinging with my ATV.

Guys, this is a review thread. While we understand that there has been a brief hiccup on a few reviews, please keep this thread to reviews and leave the banter out.

My bad. Had no idea what was going.

Review away, boys.

BTW thread readers, I was pondering picking up a 64* ATV this weekend, to compliment my 56*, but neither Dick's nor Golf Galaxy had them. Neither place I visited had many ATV's in general, which could mean these things are really moving out there.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Hey are you a Florida State Trooper? I'm an economist for FDOT.

That's pretty weak that we lost some posts in here. I just finished up 18 with my pops, the ATV's behaved as usual. I am really loving the 50° and 56° on full swings lately. I am pretty exhausted and have some things to do at the moment, but I will have a signature IHWT review/recap up soon.

Hey are you a Florida State Trooper? I'm an economist for FDOT.

What the hell are you talking about bd? Or to whom? :question: haha

to the kid. look at his video. There is a FHP Squad car in the video. I had to replay it several times to confirm it. Nothing bad inferred. Reaching out to another possible State Employee.
You're getting too worked up.

to the kid. look at his video. There is a FHP Squad car in the video. I had to replay it several times to confirm it. Nothing bad inferred. Reaching out to another possible State Employee.
You're getting too worked up.

The "haha" implied that I wasn't worked up, and I didn't think you were inferring anything bad...I was just confused on WTC you were talking about/to. His location says he is from New Mexico, and in the posts that were deleted with the update he said it was a reference to a joke from the Morgan Cup thread. Each of his video's has a small reference to the MC, if you look close it's a picture of JB dressed as the US Open troll from Webb's victory speech.

IHWT - No problem. I was asking myself that too because his post says he's from NM. I can tell that the video was shot in NM. You can tell by the landscape. I was Just surprised to see a FHP Trooper car in Video from someone who lives in NM. Working for the Florida Department of Transportation I could tell what it was. I just had to replay the video in that portion of it to confirm it. FDOT used to subsidize the FHP Troops that patrolled Florida Turnpikes.

It's at 1:36 of the first video.

Back