SECOND 9 HOLES (WITH VIDEO): Click HERE
PHOTO ROUND (BEFORE AND AFTER) 18 HOLES: Click HERE
VIDEO REVIEW: Click HERE

DATE: 7/21/2012
WEATHER:
87-90°, slight breeze
BALL PLAYED: Taylormade Penta TP 5
HOLES PLAYED:
18, with my favorite playing partner...pops.
ATV RATING ON THIS DAY:
9/10

2psmybl.png

Let me first say that this was the craziest round I remember playing in a while. It was pretty darn close to being a nightmare right out of the gate. Never have I ever had a round mixed with such extremes...extremely bad and extremely good. Throughout all of this, the ATV was steadfast and got it done for me. I was 2 for 2 in sand saves, and solid out of the bunker. The 72 came as a result of an insanely hot putter streak over 7 or so holes (23 putts on the day...lmao), and a fair mix of fantastic shots.

THE ROUND (CAPPED WITH ATV SHOTS IN RED)
Hole 1:
Snap hook OB off the first tee, great friggin' start. Tee it up again, and again, hooked left OB again :curse:...but luckily a tree kicked it out. At this point, I was already pissed and I had literally been on the course for only 60 seconds. Under a tree from 110 out, I try to punch a 4 iron runner and chunk it maybe 15 yards. So, now I have a shot of about 95 yards, over a bunker, to a pin that is maybe a flag stick off the front fringe, and cut on a downslope. WTC?! I hit a GREAT wedge from here with the 56°, my ballmark was about 3 feet behind the pin, so it was pretty spot on but I had no chance of getting this one close. Here, the ATV got me out of my early rage streak really fast (literally, I was already to the point I wanted to go back to my car, throw the clubs in the trunk, and drive 40 minutes back home)...but after this shot, thanks to the ATV, I remembered that I know how to play golf. I ended up leaving my putt from about 20' an inch or two to the right, triple bogey :banghead:
Hole 2: No ATV used.
Hole 3: Driver into the left fairway bunker, again, a hook. I hit a 7 iron from here and left myself 139 in. I pulled out the 50° ATV and put it pin high about 10 feet right on a blind shot (I could only see the top of the flag). Drained it for birdie...thank you, ATV, for saving my arse again.
Hole 4: I chunk+semi-shank (yes, a chunk and semi-shank...it's possible) a 4 iron off the tee. It hits the cart path after it's short little sissy flight and kicks up into the fairway...don't even ask. From here, I'm late and fat on a 6 iron from 210 and come up short and right. The pin is up front again, and I'm dead. I hit a good pitch from 20 or so yards, but land it a yard or 2 short of my spot and it barely gets on the green. Close to perfect, but the result was ultimately pretty bad...just one of those shots. 2 putts, bogey. I'm back to being pissed again.
Hole 5: This is a hole that looks like it should be on a Tiger Woods EA Sports video game's Fantasy Course. It is basically tee boxes, and then 3 islands of fairways leading to the green. I hit 5 iron off the tee to land on the first island...again, I catch it fat. From here I have 220 in. I pull the 4 iron out, and again, I'm late on the swing...great contact, but late = leaving it out to the right, and I toss it into the right bunker. Now I have a 25 yard bunker shot, on a sideslope of the lip (the ball is higher than normal up on the slope leading to the lip) where I need to carry it over the left side of another bunker, fly it about 20 yards into the right fringe that protrudes and make it stop within 15 feet off the downslope on the landing area, to the back pin. Somehow, I do just that..again, don't ask. My dad about died when he saw the shot. I hit it really well, but still, pulling this shot off is luck. I made the putt for par.
Hole 6: I pull the driver and decide to take some frustration out. Mission accomplished, I drilled it and I feel better. From the fairway I try to lay up to 115 for a smooth abbreviated 56° in, but my lay up shot flew too far and went right into the damn water that I told myself I absolutely needed to be short of. Now I'm back to hulk mode...mad as all get out. I take my drop in line-of-flight from the 115 mark I wanted to be at originally in the fairway, pull the 56° out and execute. I leave it about 10 feet behind the pin, dead on line, and drop the putt to save par.
Hole 7: No ATV used, and this hole should have been a birdie.
Hole 8: My wayward drives, late swings, chunk semi-shanks, and the missed birdie on hole 7 had my blood boiling. Again, I let the driver release some of the tension...I killed this one into the wind. I was about 10 yard short of the front edge, but I faced a 30 yard pitch to the far back pin. I hit it perfect, tracking right at the flag...but the ball rolled and rolled and rolled. I couldn't believe how far it rolled, I thought I had hit it perfect. This shot had me confused...I played it off my back foot (which explains some roll out), open stance (as always), slightly open face, and tried to hit a low pincher than would grab and release. There was no grab. It rolled past the flag and settled on the back fringe, about 12 feet away. I drained the putt for birdie.
Hole 9: 4 iron fat off the tee (christ!!). From just off the right side, I was right behind an overhanging tree, looking at 201 to an uphill green with a bunch of limbs hanging in my way. I pulled a 6 iron and hit a rising stinger under the trees that was perfect; under the trees and rising slowly...except I was late on it, as I had been many times, and sent it 10 yards right of the green again. From where the ball stopped, I had a 20 yard uphill right-to-left breaking bump-and-run. I pulled the 50° ATV out and put it to within a couple feet, tapped in for par.

FRONT 9 THOUGHTS
The ATV saved my butt a lot on this nine, and pulled me out of a bad mental place a few times. It made a disastrous nine holes pretty manageable. After hole 1, it was the only club I still trusted. As it has been in the past, it was envision, set up, and stroke. It got the job done when most of the rest of my bag was not. It was the set up club for my two birdies (once a full 50° and once a running 56°).

Hole 10:
Weak driver right, snap hooked 4 iron left behind a tree, punch hook around the tree to 20 yards right of the green. Now I face a delicate 15 yard flop to the front pin. Ball up, face open, stance open...I hit a great shot exactly how I want to. It lands on the downslope, never grabs, and proceeds to run 18 feet past the pin. Lucky for me, my putter was insanely hot right now and I make the putt to save par.
Hole 11:
No ATV used, but I did lay a drive off dead right into the other fairway and then put a PW to 10 feet on a pretty much impossible shot. :banana:
Hole 12: 4 iron smashed off the tee, 9 iron uphill that I was late on left me in the right bunker with a looong bunker shot to the left pin (very wide, shallow green). I hit a decent bunker shot off the wet sand (this bunker looked like it had been flooded as there was some standing water still there). I hit the shot pretty well but the sand was so heavy it came up about 20 feet short. Hot putter saved me again, as I nailed the putt for par...my dad was laughing at my putter at this point.
Hole 13: Chunked a 7 iron off tee, which came up well short of the green. From here I faced a front pin with not a lot to work with. I hit a standard spinner pitch that hit into the upslope in front of the fringe (to kill it), hopped, and died about 10-12 feet short and under the hole. This was about as much as I could've asked for, and I made the putt.
Hole 14: No ATV used.
Hole 15: Smashed a drive, use 7 iron to lay up, and left myself probably about 75 yards in. I hit a really nice knockdown 56° that was right at the flag, in the air I thought it was perfect, but it hit, hopped, and died. It left me about 18 feet short dead on line, and I 2 putted for par
Hole 16: 4 iron nutted off the tee, leaving myself 138 in. I pulled the 50° ATV and put a perfect swing on it. The ball sailed over the flag by about 6 or 7 yards, hit into the upslope and sucked back to about 6 feet. Birdie.
Hole 17: Pulled a PW on the tee, hit it perfect the pin high...but again I was late on it, so it missed off the green right. Considering the pin was basically cut on the right fringe, I was looking at a tough shot, but not too hard since it was short. I took a simple open faced 56° with a short/fat swing that landed just over the fringe and rolled to within basic tap in range. Par saved.
Hole 18: 4 iron nutted off the tee down the middle, yet again. I pulled I think a 8 iron (??) and hit a thinned semi-shank that dove into the bunker that splits the two portions of the fairway, ramped around the edge and got spit out the back of the bunker. This left me 72 yards to a middle pin, with a nice little audience of guys drinking beers outside from the wedding that just took place outside near the clubhouse. I lined up with an open stance, slightly open face, rotated my shoulders away and picked the club up with my wrists on the backswing...fired my hips for the downswing, and the ball traveled right at the flag, landed 1 foot short and left, took a very small hop, and stopped about 2 feet away. I received a little applause from the make-shift gallery, and tapped in for par.

CONCLUSIVE THOUGHTS
Overall, the ATV [again] did what it has always done for me. It instilled confidence, it brought me out of short slumps, it got me up and down, it saved me a lot of pars (with help from my putter from time-to-time), and it set me up for birdies. In short, it got the job done. I am really starting to love these more and more on full shots, namely the 50° (I did not hit a full 56° today, once was about 75% on the par 5 on the front 9).

My clubs are my children, and everyone knows you don't pick favorites with your children...but off the record, the ATV is making a strong case for being my favorite child :glasses-cool:. With the help of my putter, the ATV has turned a few of my "should be high 70-low 80 rounds" into par or just above it rounds. If you can't tell, my length leaves me with a lot of wedge shots, and my aggressive nature on the course leaves me with some missed greens when things are firing on all cylinders for me. For me to have wedges that I believe in and look forward to pulling out is priceless...they pull me out of ruts, and they put me in position to score, or save a decent score.

Nice work IHWT. I like you and others have such great amounts of confidence in these. You pick the shot, set up and these wedges help execute what you wanted. I hit a few full shots and my partners were pretty inquisitive about how much spin I put on. I just hit them, ball drops a foot away in most cases. That's the type of thing I love to do. Point and shoot and these deliver. Since having these, I have never questioned the wedge. I have hit a few bad shots and thus resulted in bad outcomes. After those I went back to the wedge feelling like it was an anomaly. I am a not tryin to blow smoke cuz I have em. These ooutperformed my vokey and xft. Vokey may have felt a bit softer and the psychological aspect of bounce came into play. I believe that with the atv it's something that came to mind and erased itself. I used to open,close and generally over think the shot because I think that having the right bounce for a certain lie is critical. I can play from anywhere with the 'right' wedge and let er buck.

Has my wedge play improved, yes. Am I worried about lies, no. Do I worr abOut my swing, yes. The atv leaves that only thought. I just saw my wedges, they say yourwelcome. No more garage fridge tonight....

Nice work IHWT. I like you and others have such great amounts of confidence in these. You pick the shot, set up and these wedges help execute what you wanted. I hit a few full shots and my partners were pretty inquisitive about how much spin I put on. I just hit them, ball drops a foot away in most cases. That's the type of thing I love to do. Point and shoot and these deliver. Since having these, I have never questioned the wedge. I have hit a few bad shots and thus resulted in bad outcomes. After those I went back to the wedge feelling like it was an anomaly. I am a not tryin to blow smoke cuz I have em. These ooutperformed my vokey and xft. Vokey may have felt a bit softer and the psychological aspect of bounce came into play. I believe that with the atv it's something that came to mind and erased itself. I used to open,close and generally over think the shot because I think that having the right bounce for a certain lie is critical. I can play from anywhere with the 'right' wedge and let er buck.

Has my wedge play improved, yes. Am I worried about lies, no. Do I worr abOut my swing, yes. The atv leaves that only thought. I just saw my wedges, they say yourwelcome. No more garage fridge tonight....

Glad to hear it is working out well for you, bro. Gotta love having confidence in the wedges!

Hart: Crazy round for sure. Kinda looks like mine a couple of weeks ago where I was 5 over after 3 holes, looks all out and came back with 2 birdies and eagle to finish 3 over. One other round I had birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey - go figure. Golf is madness at times, don't try and understand it.

Now back to the ATV from today:
Full wedge shots: No problem with shaft, dead accurate. Again, in comparison to my ex-Renegar where the ball would draw like mad, the ATV was pretty dead on. No fuddy duddy, just pure. Hitting my 56* 80 to 105 depending on the shot.
Punch wedge: spot on, head performed as expected with the lower flight with a "controlled" release, ie, it was a crazy run after landing, I really like this shaft for the punch, reacts well and compress the ball well, no harshess.

Overall, the shaft performed as I expected from a KBS: smooth, smooth. I have the KBS Tour in my S57s so this ATV really complements my iron set nicely. I would call that TM made a nice call to match the KBS Wedge with this head. Now I have to read the speil about it later.

I did report last week and confirmed yesterday evening that the NIGHTMARE issues I had with the Renegar and "S" word are GONE! It was the Arrow (damn Renegar) and not the Indian, thank goodness I found a cure abliet I lost some money with the Renegar.

I look forward to receiving my 52* ATV next week and its here that this club will be used the most at 100 - 115 yds full shots.

NOW: For the folks here, how do you clean your ATV face? Wire brush, a yes or no-no? I read that TM put micro "blocks" on the face and I don't want to wear it out faster than it should.

Hart: Crazy round for sure. Kinda looks like mine a couple of weeks ago where I was 5 over after 3 holes, looks all out and came back with 2 birdies and eagle to finish 3 over. One other round I had birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey - go figure. Golf is madness at times, don't try and understand it.

Now back to the ATV from today:
Full wedge shots: No problem with shaft, dead accurate. Again, in comparison to my ex-Renegar where the ball would draw like mad, the ATV was pretty dead on. No fuddy duddy, just pure. Hitting my 56* 80 to 105 depending on the shot.
Punch wedge: spot on, head performed as expected with the lower flight with a "controlled" release, ie, it was a crazy run after landing, I really like this shaft for the punch, reacts well and compress the ball well, no harshess.

Overall, the shaft performed as I expected from a KBS: smooth, smooth. I have the KBS Tour in my S57s so this ATV really complements my iron set nicely. I would call that TM made a nice call to match the KBS Wedge with this head. Now I have to read the speil about it later.

I did report last week and confirmed yesterday evening that the NIGHTMARE issues I had with the Renegar and "S" word are GONE! It was the Arrow (damn Renegar) and not the Indian, thank goodness I found a cure abliet I lost some money with the Renegar.

I look forward to receiving my 52* ATV next week and its here that this club will be used the most at 100 - 115 yds full shots.

NOW: For the folks here, how do you clean your ATV face? Wire brush, a yes or no-no? I read that TM put micro "blocks" on the face and I don't want to wear it out faster than it should.

No wire brush man, it screws everything up haha, I use a nylon brush some of the golf brushes have both. The ATV cleans up really nice and easy

The girlfriend will be out of town Thursday-Sunday this coming week, so I will be working on my "Favorite Shots with the ATV" post; writing the how-to's of each shot,when she returns, I will get some video of the mechanics of each shot and post it up.

Case in point, it should be up in about a week or so. Maybe I will try to get video of the shots done early this week and then do the write-up after while she is gone, it depends on how work goes and how much time I have at night/if I can convince her to come with me to the range.

Just got home from an evening range session. No chipping or putting, just the driving range...one large bucket.

There is something about these wedges that just make them fun to me to hit. I find myself not planning to hit them a whole lot, but once I pull one out, I tend to hit many more balls than I plan to with it. I usually think "Alright, let's hit 5 to 10 with the 56° to that pin" and next thing I know, I'm blowing through my bucket of balls hitting the 56° to pins all over the place. Same with the 50°. Trying different shots, flighting them high and low, and so on. I just enjoy hitting them to different pins and seeing how close I can group balls to the pin.

That's all for tonight's session, I hit them great.

101 at 7 PM tonight, so the range session was called off. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow night, and get a round in on Wednesday. It's just too damn hot!

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

So I have made a decision since this morning where I mentioned my plan for the "How To" shot post for the ATV (as requested by some of the readers). My girlfriend joined me on the range tonight, and I had her take a video of my hitting some 80 yarders...this led to me having a better idea.

Go forward with the testing, outside of my normal updates as I have done in the past (and will continue to do)...I will be doing a short video series of "How To" posts for individual shots; with footage of me hitting the shots, and a slow-mo video of each swing so that you can really see the mechanics of the shot that I use. I will be doing this series in a manner where I am moving my way closer and closer to the hole, with the different shots I use and am really enjoying hitting with the ATV. At the end of it all, I will put together a "Master Post" with all the videos, and I will add the link to this final post in my normal "Review Posting Index".

Since I will be doing these in a series, I will post the video...which includes brief notes at the end, and I will also leave some ATV geared comments. Past that, I will take any and all questions from the readers...this is what will shape the final Master Post. When I put together the Master Post of the series, I will include these Q&A's as my detailed notes for the shot.

NOTE: I will not be doing full swings, as that is something much larger than using the ATV, or how to use it most efficiently.

80 YARD VIDEO:
The first shot you can't see the ball land in the video, sorry (iPhone 4 camera isn't all that great)...I tried to fiddle to make it visible, but I can't. I left it maybe 8-10 feet away. On the second shot, you can see the ball land at 1:56 in the video if you look closely, dead on the flag. This one stopped just a couple feet away...it rolled right past the cup, I thought I had made it. The roll out was due to the range balls...with a normal ball, this may have had a chance.

I suggest opening the video in YouTube and changing it to 1080p quality, full screen.

[video=youtube;jWHUU-Cqisk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHUU-Cqisk&hd=1[/video]

This is a shot I really enjoy with the ATV. Well, let's be honest, I'm enjoying them all thus far. However, this is a shot where the turf interaction I am seeing with the ATV makes it really fun...and easy. Also, the sole sits beautifully on the ground for this one as well.

With my previous wedges, I always ran the risk of catching it a little too fat (and as such, it was always stuck in the back of my mind that I just might catch it too fat). With the ATV this is no longer a thought in the back of my mind...I know that the wedge is going to cut through the turf with ease and even if I catch it a bit heavy; the ball will still make it to the green/pin and, at worst, be just a little short of my target. If you hit it perfect, it flies with a mid/high trajectory, lands short of the hole, hops, and stops. Depending on the greens, you may see a little roll out. If you miss it a bit thick, it flies lower, lands short, and releases up to the hole. If you catch it thin, it flies pretty similar to hitting it fat, but it will probably fly and land closer to the pin...and roll out (for me, it tends to magically still manage to bit a small bit). If it's thin, you are probably looking at the back of the green...but if you gave the swing the right amount of juice, you should be dancing when all is said and done.

To me, it is a really fool proof shot that I love to hit...very low risk, high reward. It is a quite simple shot, really. I don't choke down too much, I set up ever so slightly open (or square), with the ball towards the back of my stance. From here, it is simple...the notes at the end of the video outline the main keys to the swing/shot. You can open the face a bit to cut some yardage off, however, I would say to just slightly open the face. The ATV makes the ball back/open face shot really easy and comfortable, as the sole sits on the ground very well. Opening the face a hair would obviously mean higher flight and softer landing.

Please ask away if you have any questions.

Hart you've done an excellent job as well as the other testers. These will definitely be on my list when I look towards moving to a variable sole wedge. I've yet to read all the way through, but I'm going to set aside the time to do it. I hit about 15 balls with the 56* ATV at my Taylormade MATT fitting and it was absolute bliss.

My clubs are my children, and everyone knows you don't pick favorites with your children...but off the record, the ATV is making a strong case for being my favorite child.

Great write up! Although in all honestly, I have always been my parents' favorite child.

I have decided to trade in a couple of my other wedges to pick up a 58 degree ATV. This will bring my setup back to a 50 - 54 (56 will be bent down) & 58. The ATV wedge simply works better for me and gives me confidence around the greens. Confidence is the utmost element in scoring. Much appreciation goes to TaylorMade for producing such an awesome product :clapp:!

I have decided to trade in a couple of my other wedges to pick up a 58 degree ATV. This will bring my setup back to a 50 - 54 (56 will be bent down) & 58. The ATV wedge simply works better for me and gives me confidence around the greens. Confidence is the utmost element in scoring. Much appreciation goes to TaylorMade for producing such an awesome product :clapp:!

Your bag looks very much different than it did when I first met you (but then again so does mine), great looking set up you have now buddy. Enjoy the new 58*. Hope to see you soon.

Nice update and video IHWT. Sure looks easy enough in that video. Do you ever really take a full swing with the ATV? I don't just was wondering if you do or is that shot in the video the most you go at it.

Nice update and video IHWT. Sure looks easy enough in that video. Do you ever really take a full swing with the ATV? I don't just was wondering if you do or is that shot in the video the most you go at it.

I do for sure, dude. I prefer to hit full shots with my wedges as often as possible, which is why I immediately ordered the 50° and will be ordering the 62°. The closer I can get to taking a full swing, the better.

However, I will hit whatever shot I think is best, based on the situation at hand (green to work with, slope near the hole, etc.). Next to a full shot, this is my favorite option and one I hit quite often.

IHWT...nice job !
I have a 58 degree wedge I was thinking about getting tweaked to 60*, but after reading all these reviews and watching some great videos, I just may pull the trigger on one of these is the 60*.

IHWT...nice job !
I have a 58 degree wedge I was thinking about getting tweaked to 60*, but after reading all these reviews and watching some great videos, I just may pull the trigger on one of these is the 60*.

Thanks, Drum.

It is my personal belief that is one were to bag only one ATV wedge, it would be best served to be their 58° or 60°. That is ultimately the wedge you will need the most versatility with, IMO. However, if the person normally only uses the 56° around the green, they may want to go that route instead. Ultimately what is comes down to is this: If you are only going to get one, get the one that you lean on the most around the greens and use for your half wedge shots from 70 and in.

Next to a full shot, this is my favorite option and one I hit quite often.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same, well not a low HC like you but need a 50-52 for an AW something between my PW-56*. Great reviewing Hart they pick a great person for this one and been looking at the ATV time to pull the trigger I guess.

TaylorMade ATV Wedge Testing
July 22, 2012
Conditions: HOT, dry, light breeze

With a visit from family all week I've been unable to hit the course for one full week, that was actually the longest I had been off the course since February, lol. It was fun seeing the kids, but time now to get back on the course and do my job with the ATV. My game really showed the rust in almost every catagory and playing during the hot afternoon sure didn't help. I started on the practice green with long, medium and last was short chips before some short putting practice and the little practice paid off well or my game would have really been bad.

Practice Green: I've had very little trouble with the long/mid chips even though the ATV is a bit heavier. I can't really explain it, but I've felt quite at home on those shots with this wedge all along. I'm really surprised that I've yet to hole out with this as I seem to lip out a bunch, one surely has to go sooner or later. However, the short chips have been flat out ugly all along and I spent some extra time working on that toe down drill everyone seems to like. You can count me in the crowd, that flat out works. At one point I was 10 for 10 from the fringe to 12 feet getting the ball inside a foot of the cup and made one of those. Several of those were inches away and short most of the time which is amazing.

On The Course: As mentioned my game was pretty sad with few fw's and greens. Without solid play from inside 100 and putting I would have easily shot 90+ which just is not my game at home. I'm not going to go through every hole here, but a few highlights might be nice.

Hole #1: Long par 5 with trouble everywhere and a tough green. Shortish drive to the right rough and hit a solid long 3w back across to the left side trying for position into this green, but over cooked it just a few feet. From 130 I needed to draw around a tree, but ended just on the right rough with 20 feet to the pin. The ATV popped out of the rough perfect landing exactly where I needed, curled down the slope and just past the pin leaving me a tap in from there.

Hole #4: Another long Par 5 (Double dogleg). Ugly drive, but nice 3w to 50 yards. This has always been the trouble range, but set the ball right next to the hole. The ball came in rather low off a tight lie with a one hop stop. The guys with me were like "WOW", haha.

Hole #7: Long par 4 that curls left all the way. I hit the drive of the day with a low draw that ran forever. 268 yards is huge for me and left me an easy 9i that I screwed up to the right rough flag high. This was no good as I had to flop to a heavily sloped green, but I pulled it off. The ATV seems to love this shot, even out of the rough. It helps that I have a ton of confidence in this club with flop shots. I landed softly above the hole and watched as the ball trickled down to 2 feet, it was pretty cool to watch.

Hole #9: My only ATV flat out mis-que of the day. Short of the green in the short stuff I just stroked a bit too much leaving myself high left of the pin and a tough put down hill, one of the few missed puts on the day.

The back 9 was pretty similar to most of this as we finished that 18 and played another 9 on the front. Counting that back 9 and the second front I shot a horrible 87 with only 14/15 putts, lol. I feel very strong all the way around now with the ATV wedge and look forward to getting back out soon for a solid round. The wedge did its job, now I just need a few other clubs to do theirs.

duey, good review there bud! Glad that toe down shot is working for you, it really is a useful shot. Seems like the ATV bailed you out yesterday the same as it did for me on Saturday, it's really nice knowing/having confidence that your wedges can save your ass when necessary.

Next to a full shot, this is my favorite option and one I hit quite often.

I'm the same, well not a low HC like you but need a 50-52 for an AW something between my PW-56*. Great reviewing Hart they pick a great person for this one and been looking at the ATV time to pull the trigger I guess.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, under. I really appreciate it. As for it being time to pull the trigger, now is as good of time as ever. Do it, man! I'm confident you will be happy you did.

Great review duey!

Ive been off the course for a week as well due to all of the rain we've been getting. The ground is so saturated and it doesn't help being below sea level here in the south.

I hope to get in a round tommorow if not a range session on my day off. Wishing it will stop raining!

Glad everyone is finding the ATV usefull in their arsenal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Thanks Hart and BMW, it's pretty exciting seeing some headway on a few shots that were troubling me in the past. I hope to get out early several times this week and just practice rather than play a round. My game could certainly use it!

I spent some extra time working on that toe down drill everyone seems to like. You can count me in the crowd, that flat out works. At one point I was 10 for 10 from the fringe to 12 feet getting the ball inside a foot of the cup and made one of those. Several of those were inches away and short most of the time which is amazing.

Hole #1: but ended just on the right rough with 20 feet to the pin. The ATV popped out of the rough perfect landing exactly where I needed, curled down the slope and just past the pin leaving me a tap in from there.

Hole #4:. The ball came in rather low off a tight lie with a one hop stop. The guys with me were like "WOW", haha.

Hole #7: the right rough flag high. This was no good as I had to flop to a heavily sloped green, but I pulled it off. The ATV seems to love this shot, even out of the rough. It helps that I have a ton of confidence in this club with flop shots. I landed softly above the hole and watched as the ball trickled down to 2 feet, it was pretty cool to watch.

Due -- I highlighted a few comments you made on your post and don't you just love this thing out of the thick stuff. My round this weekend was saved many times off tight lies and thick rough. I ended up with a good score where as in the past, some of those shots would have been lost and strokes added on. I enjoyed your writeup as always!

IHWT -- Buddy you are just a flat out wizard with the ATV! I love watching you demo how well this club works for the skilled golfers. Just because it has a big butt doesn't mean it can't make a ball dance.

This is the thing that I love about the ATV, i've been working on some swing changes since I got it as well as tempo-my backswing is way too slow that the club pro says I'm swinging like 50%-yet the ATV is adaptable to my swing and I have been able to get solid contact in many lies especially the deep rough that all of you have seen in my videos. The strange look of the ATV has really grown on me and this wedge is key to my short game. I also have been working on a correct chipping technique that Hart suggested and it has been a bit tough for me but the wedge has helped me tremendously. Before my chips were really low and now they go a bit higher and land softer so they don't run out as much but I know that I can manipulate the shot easily by opening the face or "delofting" the wedge without worrying about improper bounce for that shot.

There is one hole that I fear at my home course. It's a dog leg left par 5 where that approach to the green slopes up really steep and it's easy to hit short and miss into a bunker or hit too far and miss into the deepest rough with the hardest ground. I tend to miss the green here but every time I have missed I have been able to hit close to the hole on one try with the ATV, wether it's in the sand bunker or the deep rough, I don't worry anymore about having to take multiple strokes to hit into the green like before.

Due -- I highlighted a few comments you made on your post and don't you just love this thing out of the thick stuff. My round this weekend was saved many times off tight lies and thick rough. I ended up with a good score where as in the past, some of those shots would have been lost and strokes added on. I enjoyed your writeup as always!

IHWT -- Buddy you are just a flat out wizard with the ATV! I love watching you demo how well this club works for the skilled golfers. Just because it has a big butt doesn't mean it can't make a ball dance.

Thanks Gray and yes sir, the rough is just no match for these. Sounds like you had another solid weekend, congrats man!

Back