TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

Thanks to Taylormade and THP for this opportunity, this site and the golf companies are great! I am glad I stumbled upon this site!

1. What irons do you currently play? TM R7 TP's
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have not tried them, but have seen a buddy play with them.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Definitely. I would like to gain some distance in my irons while maintaining the spin/control of my current irons.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160 - 165
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a new member to THP, but a long time reader. I have found it helpful to read other reviews by current THP members and would like to do the same. I currently play golf twice per week and would increase driving range time if chosen to test these irons. I would provide as much detail as possible about my opinion of these irons and be available to answer any and all questions from THP members.

I'm getting antsy on this one. I think something like this could really help fix some of my swing issues I've had lately

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di9

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No, not yet.

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes! Always looking for a few extra yards.

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 165

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will be able to hit these at the range 2-3 times a week along with playing 18-36 holes at a variety of different courses around the area. I will be able to thoroughly test these irons at 5-6 different courses within 1/2 hour of town, including a par 3 course. Would love the opportunity to test these irons and share my feedback w/ other THP'ers. I am on the site daily and would like to be able to put my testing feedback onto the site for others to enjoy.

I'm getting antsy on this one. I think something like this could really help fix some of my swing issues I've had lately

yeah its gonna be 5 extremely lucky people testing these awesome irons (at least I know the 7 iron I hit was awesome)

boy these irons look good, after seeing the results from the other 2.0 testing i would love to test these out, i have heard nothing but great things about these irons

My first post to a test thread. Here's to hoping:)

1. What irons do you currently play?
Adams Idea a70S Hybrid Irons
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons?
Yes, I have swung the clubs at both Nevada Bob's as well as Golf Galaxy. I have not played a round with them as of yet.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons?
Explosive distance would be nice, but with control.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron?
150 - 160yds
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I plan to start at the driving range to get a good feel for the irons and to get a baseline of distance. I would follow that up by some rounds at Foxboro and Door Creek. I would close out with a couple more trips to the range for comparative distance from when I started. As for my activity on THP I try and visit daily while at work and at home mostly reading rather than posting up to this point. Trying to learn what I can.

Last edited:
I'm so excited for this one!

I'm so excited for this one!

I looked at these initially, but ended going with the Adams since I was more familiar with their products. I am excited on this one also.

5 soon to be very happy people!

When are the names suppose to be listed or does it just depend?

Look up....

ummmm......errrrrr.......I re-read the OP and did not see anything. I also looked up, literally, and only saw my floor joists:D I figured I better cover all the bases.

I just went to the range today, and a guy was hitting these. He let me hit his 7 iron against mine. I was getting real close to the same distance out of each, with the 2.0 going slightly farther from what I could tell. The feel was better too, and I definitely could work the ball better with these. I use a stiff flex shaft and his were only regular, but I was still hitting it really well and very consistently. These irons are really nice, and there will be some lucky testers Thursday.

ummmm......errrrrr.......I re-read the OP and did not see anything. I also looked up, literally, and only saw my floor joists:D I figured I better cover all the bases.

Testers are announced Thursday.

When will the testers be announced? I saw a few pages back where it said, a few days but wasn't sure if there was a date.

On Thursday.

+2 it's about the past testers that allow new people to get these opportunities good luck everyone Thursday will be s great day for the lucky people!

thursday!!! omg how ever will my nerves last lol whoever test these babys out will be very lucky folk indeed

Maybe some of these work..

Awesome, can't wait!

Go figure. I read like 5 pages in was all. Obviously not far enough:embarrassed:

Me neither!

1. What irons do you currently play? Srixon Z-Star
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160-165
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I go to the driving range 2x/week and play 18 holes 1-2 x/week. These would get 100% of my time. I like to post about my experiences and I would be honest and post often about my feeling about these clubs.

1. What irons do you currently play? Some hand-me-down Wilson Staff irons (Probably ~10 years old)
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Have only held a 6 iron in my hand. Have not swung one.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Would love it.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 140-160. Very inconsistent at the moment.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am currently out of graduate school for the summer. The plan would be to hit the driving range at least 1-2 times a week, and golf 18 holes once every week. I just recently found out about THP, but already love this place...have been lurking all afternoon, and finally joined. I realize I stand just about no chance in testing these irons, but would do my best to update the board of my experiences.

Maybe some of these work..

I read another post you had saying to "Read the entire post" and am grateful for taking the time to do just that.
As for this possibility, I have not read ANY reviews for the Burner 2.0 irons. I am intentionally avoiding any, to keep from being influenced in any direction. I think I would be doing a disservice to the THP readers if I read another person's thoughts on the irons. I know my irons really well; I know my yardages for each, including when I am tired! That will make it easier to compare the Burner 2.0 to my trusty TA2's.

Back