TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons - Forum Testing Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out irons to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

jefrazie
dubbledxu
Yorkem
tomahawk18
Josh_Ross

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the irons and offer feedback as to how it works for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their TaylorMade irons in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

Well today was the day they arrived. I took off work today and was power washing the garage and driveway when the FedEx truck rolled up. They were onboard and the driver knew she made my day. They are absolutely beautiful.

TaylorMade Burner 2.0
4 - PW, SW
Project X 5.5 steel shafts
1* upright
1/4" shorter than Burner 2.0 standard
Golf Pride White VDR Grips

I was surprised to see a SW included as well, BONUS! They have "13", "23", or "33" engraved on the iron hosels, I cannot wait to get these to the range and start my review. I will be reviewing them against my current Cleveland CG Gold irons (standard length, loft, stock stiff steel shaft). Thank you THP and TaylorMade / Adidas Golf for giving us the chance to review these great looking irons.

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1369.jpg

100_1370.jpg

100_1371.jpg

100_1372.jpg

100_1373.jpg

100_1375.jpg

4 Iron @ address

100_1376.jpg

100_1377.jpg

Considering these irons? Post a question and we will do our best to answer it honestly for you.

Hot damn! That shaft, grip, head combo looks sick. Enjoy them buddy.

wow those are nice. I am this ___________ close to upgrading from my burner 1.0's. Cant wait to read the review!

And the Testing Begins!

And the Testing Begins!

I just received my irons at about 2:15 today. Another huge thank you to :thp: and :taylormade:!

My Specs: 4-SW, Project X Flighted 5.5 Steel Shafts, 2 degrees upright, Standard Length.

Initial Thoughts: Wow! These irons are much more beautiful knowing they are mine! I have been swinging them around in the yard, and they feel so perfect. When I set the club down at address, I feel like I'm going to murder the ball. I can tell they are bent upright, because my clubs are finally sitting perfectly. The NDMC grips feel amazing as usual, and the club as a whole just inspires confidence. I have a feeling the range balls at my local course are going to be in real bad shape, so I may tape the faces up before hitting. I can't wait to get these out there. Here are some pics. My video camera doesn't want to work, but I'm hoping to maybe get some action shots. Enjoy! (I hope you all like the stylish OSB backdrop.)

The Box:
xe1oqr.jpg

nbw7f5.jpg

Irons in Box:
3148en9.jpg

Various images showing the Project X Flighted, the white NDMC grips, and the irons themselves:
rj2k5f.jpg

a1ju2w.jpg

63ymn8.jpg

34i3ckl.jpg

29cur8k.jpg

Up Close Shots of the 6-iron:
w7yosp.jpg

1z3mfet.jpg

As you can see, these are absolutely beautiful. If anyone would like to see some different pictures, let me know. Hoping to get over to the range

Hot damn! That shaft, grip, head combo looks sick. Enjoy them buddy.

Agreed! Those white grips look sweet on those irons.

Nice pics and I hope you enjoy them. I can't wait to see these in action with my good friend Josh_Ross hitting with them.

Those are sooooo sweet! I can't wait until mine show up! I am so jealous right now. Cna't wait to hear your first thoughts on the range.

Mine didn't have any plastic covering the heads. Doesn't matter, just interesting. Did you order just 4-PW?

Those are sooooo sweet! I can't wait until mine show up! I am so jealous right now. Cna't wait to hear your first thoughts on the range.

Ditto for yours Josh!

Ditto for yours Josh!

They definitely are sweet. Taping the face up is almost a must with the range balls for sure. Just heard they are crap.

They definitely are sweet. Taping the face up is almost a must with the range balls for sure. Just heard they are crap.

Depends on the range. Some use really nice balls.

Depends on the range. Some use really nice balls.

True. But what I meant was that I just heard my local range has crappy ones. I wish they had nice ones, or I wish I had another range haha.

Here we go!!! Burner 2.0 time!

+ .5"
KBS Tour Stiff
White/Black Multi Compount Grip + 2 wraps of tape

Burner20014.jpg

Burner20013.jpg

Burner20012.jpg

Burner20027.jpg

Burner20022.jpg

Burner20018.jpg

Burner20019.jpg

Burner20024.jpg

Looking sweet Tomahawk!

Here we go!!! Burner 2.0 time!

+ .5"
KBS Tour Stiff
White/Black Multi Compount Grip + 2 wraps of tape

Burner20014.jpg

Burner20013.jpg

Burner20012.jpg

Burner20027.jpg

Burner20022.jpg

Burner20018.jpg

Burner20019.jpg

Burner20024.jpg

Soooo nice with the KBS shafts and those grips...Guess I am waiting until Tuesday because we are shutting down for the weekend. Congrats guys, and I will join this party soon. Enjoy them over the long holiday weekend!

Beautiful irons guys these are great, can't wait to hear what you think

Tap tap taparoo

What a Friday! Thanks again to THP and Taylor Made for allowing me to test and review the Burner 2.0. The KBS Tour shaft, white multicompound grip, and 2.0 head is absolutely a beautiful setup. I couldn't be happier. Now the work begins. I have 18 holes scheduled in 2 hours so I am going to throw them into the mix right away. A little unconventional, but I will have a ton of range time with these in the coming weeks comparing them to th R9's and just getting aqainted with my new weapons. I figure they deserve it. It is 75 and sunny here with light winds, an ideal day to take out a sparkling new set of 2.0's! Full round write up coming tomorrow! :mohawk:

The white grips look nice, they fit well with the white head of the driver :)

they are sexy, glad to see how the different shafts perform for others.. they are a sexy iron i will give them that!!

Those irons look great! Looking forward to everyone's thought on them.

Those are some sick looking sticks fellas!

Tomahawk, you better be careful with that pendant light, man. Sometimes excitement gets the best of us. :D

I've got a round scheduled in the morning. If it goes as planned, I'll be taking a video of some shots, and playing these alongside my Burner Plus irons and Rac OS irons. I'm excited to get out there and get some good feedback for you guys.

Excellent unboxing pics, boys! Can't wait to hear how they work out for you. Yorkem, I feel your pain, but will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts soon.

Love the way these things look. Excellent pics guys!

Back