TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

Looking forward to it....
I think there's a couple of more birdies that would've been had out there today. I just struck everything well today. It was a nice feeling. My brother and I made some videos and I have a shout out for you dude so keep your eyes open for that one on Monday!

Nice write up Tadashi. Glad to hear they are continuing to be as forgiving for you as everyone else!

That's a pretty amazing round with all you have going on right now, TC! Almost aced one and tore up the GIRS? Very nice!

Love to hear that you are using that PW for so many different distances. I can't help but think that it will make you an even better player in the long run.

Tadashi, it sounds like those long irons were cutting through the wind pretty well for you.

Biggsy, great news on those gir's buddy. I was lucky to get out today with my brother and I'm seeing a similar pattern to you.........more gir's. I'll write more later but this is the first time I've played since tee'ing it up with forum member dmb012 and I went out in 38 and came home in 36 for a 74. I hit 14/18 gir's in some stiff wind. Key word from today: TRUST!

More to come!
Solid numbers, they seem to be fitting well in your bag.

Nice write-up Tadashi. I've never played that course but have heard some great things about it. Like TC said, trust it!

Bah, R11's are on back-order. Still have to visit this thread on a daily basis get my fix.

That's a pretty amazing round with all you have going on right now, TC! Almost aced one and tore up the GIRS? Very nice!

Love to hear that you are using that PW for so many different distances. I can't help but think that it will make you an even better player in the long run.

The near ace had my heart racing dude. We could hear the ball smack the flag stick so that was pretty cool.

I think so too, about the PW, but something my brother and I were talking about was only using that shot when I couldn't take a full swing with the wedges. It's also kind of necessary right now as I don't have a gap wedge. It really is an easy shot that, imo, only helps one be successful with hitting GIR's.

Those are some crazy good numbers brobeans TC. Congrats on a very nice post baby round. Do you think the GIR's has anything to do with the "honeymoon" period with the R11 irons? Or are they making you that much better an iron player?

Those are some crazy good numbers brobeans TC. Congrats on a very nice post baby round. Do you think the GIR's has anything to do with the "honeymoon" period with the R11 irons? Or are they making you that much better an iron player?

Don't know yet dude. To be honest, I was thinking that it's a honeymoon thing but after yesterday, I don't know. I mean, I haven't played for 3 weeks and I go out and play like that. No warm up, just out of the car, to the first tee. I was super relaxed yesterday and just put some nice swings on the ball. I hit far more mid and long iron approach shots than usual at that course (due to the wind) but everything just worked out well for me. I feel like iron play is my strong suit so I'm not sure if the irons make me better or if they hide slight failures on my part better than other irons I've had in the past.

Don't know yet dude. To be honest, I was thinking that it's a honeymoon thing but after yesterday, I don't know. I mean, I haven't played for 3 weeks and I go out and play like that. No warm up, just out of the car, to the first tee. I was super relaxed yesterday and just put some nice swings on the ball. I hit far more mid and long iron approach shots than usual at that course (due to the wind) but everything just worked out well for me. I feel like iron play is my strong suit so I'm not sure if the irons make me better or if they hide slight failures on my part better than other irons I've had in the past.

Ringing endorsement of just how good the R11 irons are is what that sounds like. They just make the golfer better. Case closed.

Bah, R11's are on back-order. Still have to visit this thread on a daily basis get my fix.

Just wait til they come in, you'll be on here even more

Glad to see you were able to get out and get some golf in TC. Some great numbers you put up as well.

Glad to see you were able to get out and get some golf in TC. Some great numbers you put up as well.

Thanks dude. Have you had yours out much lately?

Nice round TC! Awesome to see that this worked just as well for you after a layoff as they were when you were first hitting them

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

TC you are a Dez like beast but you play 4 quarters! Nice round dude. I love those heart racing shots.

I for one was becoming more nervous reading about the par 3 shot...I could only imagine we'd now have a One-T and a One-TC on the forum. Great round my friend. Glad you had a good day, but as a dad myself, glad you could get away and just let go of all the new that is your family and recharge. Lucky you've got One-T there to help you with that!

Happy to see my testing buddies finding good results with these clubs.

Tadashi, you had made mention that you would get a chance to play around with the R11's with graphite late last week...did I over skim and miss your thoughts or haven't had a chance to post about it?

Thanks dude. Have you had yours out much lately?

Some range time, not much course time unfortunately. Been real busy at work and just got back from a convention in Vegas. I want to get myself into a routine of getting on the course more regularly. Thought I'd get out today but plans fell through. Maybe tomorrow.

Had a ok round at the THP Fall Get Together with the irons today, was hitting them pretty well but for some reason i came up short distance wise on a few holes, but still had some really nice shots with these. long irons were really good today gave myself an eagle chance on the one par 5 that i missed and got a birdie on... I think i figured out the distance problem today at the end of my round so hopefully tomorrow is better round for me. Was cool seeing other peoples reactions to the irons when they got a chance to hit mine today. its amazing how after a few swings they are almost hooked on them. Golf4life hit a PW shot 140 to about 12 feet on a par 3 surrounded by a moat. was really a great shot, went right at the flag. Anyway ill have a full write up on monday, now time for some sleep.

Got out to the range for some iron work. Went through two large buckets or 200 balls. I am liking the way these feel and the way the ball flies off of them. Looking forward to getting out with just them on the course in the near future.

Got out to the range for some iron work. Went through two large buckets or 200 balls. I am liking the way these feel and the way the ball flies off of them. Looking forward to getting out with just them on the course in the near future.

Looking forward to your thoughts Rhino, I have to say you have a sweet looking bag these days.

Looking forward to your thoughts Rhino, I have to say you have a sweet looking bag these days.

Thanks man, I owe part of it to you of course. I am content with this set-up for a while and now I just gotta stop making the silly mistakes on the course and all will be good.

Had a ok round at the THP Fall Get Together with the irons today, was hitting them pretty well but for some reason i came up short distance wise on a few holes, but still had some really nice shots with these. long irons were really good today gave myself an eagle chance on the one par 5 that i missed and got a birdie on... I think i figured out the distance problem today at the end of my round so hopefully tomorrow is better round for me. Was cool seeing other peoples reactions to the irons when they got a chance to hit mine today. its amazing how after a few swings they are almost hooked on them. Golf4life hit a PW shot 140 to about 12 feet on a par 3 surrounded by a moat. was really a great shot, went right at the flag. Anyway ill have a full write up on monday, now time for some sleep.

That indeed was a great golf shot Golf4life hit on the par 3 moat hole. Your long iron second shot into that par 5 was dead on as well...I wish my game was a bit (read: a lot) better today, and I have to really take a look at these r11s now...gotta replace these shovels of mine...they really dont give me any confidence at address.

Thanks man, I owe part of it to you of course. am content with this set-up for a while and now I just gotta stop making the silly mistakes on the course and all will be good.

Hahahaha. That's what you told me right before you bought the R11s.

Kevin

That indeed was a great golf shot Golf4life hit on the par 3 moat hole. Your long iron second shot into that par 5 was dead on as well...I wish my game was a bit (read: a lot) better today, and I have to really take a look at these r11s now...gotta replace these shovels of mine...they really dont give me any confidence at address.

go hit a bunch of irons and see what feels good for you... wish you weren't a lefty cause you def could have hit them yesterday...

Back