TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

biggsy, you fubar'd the CB specs dude. You have the R11 specs in there twice. Not that it matters much. Basically, to me, the R11's are everything the CB's are not.
Fixed it. Thanks.

Should be easier to read now as well.

Especially with the longer irons for me, I find myself doing the same thing and I equate it to a "slappy" shot with nothing on it.

"Slappy" is a perfect term. When you slap a long iron CB, they go clunk.

Kevin

Fixed it. Thanks.

No worries. Like I said, the R11's are everything the CB's should've been. Plus, they look identical at address and the R11's have a slightly narrower sole? SOLD!

No worries. Like I said, the R11's are everything the CB's should've been. Plus, they look identical at address and the R11's have a slightly narrower sole? SOLD!

Double sold! I would have loved to have seen these come out earlier in the year. I think theyre suffering from bad timing right now.

I don't know why and maybe I am talking out of my you know what, but maybe there was an issue with the forging and casting combination process? I just never liked the CBs. I think these are a lot better.

Double sold! I would have loved to have seen these come out earlier in the year. I think theyre suffering from bad timing right now.

I am not sure this company wanted ANYTHING to interfere with that driver launch. It was an ATM for them.

I tend to agree. I wouldnt mind tossing a few back with an insider of TMAG and find out if the TP line was rushed this year or what the exact factors were. Just seems TMAG has been very smart about releases in the past, these releases just dont seem to match.

I tend to agree. I wouldnt mind tossing a few back with an insider of TMAG and find out if the TP line was rushed this year or what the exact factors were. Just seems TMAG has been very smart about releases in the past, these releases just dont seem to match.

I could not disagree more. Release the TP line shortly after Burner 2.0 to get a new line fresh for the players that are not interested in a GI iron. Plus get guys on tour playing 2011 equipment rather than years past equipment. Then once the R11 name has built up so much steam, offer the R11 irons to the world.

I am not sure this company wanted ANYTHING to interfere with that driver launch. It was an ATM for them.

Very true and that driver launch was huge.

I could not disagree more. Release the TP line shortly after Burner 2.0 to get a new line fresh for the players that are not interested in a GI iron. Plus get guys on tour playing 2011 equipment rather than years past equipment. Then once the R11 name has built up so much steam, offer the R11 irons to the world.

Seems like the smart thing to do.

Only thing I could argue is with the R11 driver being so hot with amateurs, how many would be able to justify buying a new set of irons so close to buying the R11? It seems (to me) new drivers get all the headlines and often get a spot in the golf budget before a new set of irons, so why not just keep milking that R11 cow until its dry. Yes, the type of players looking at the TP line often spend more on equipment, but there's only so much one can justify.

Back to the irons since this can be debated for years... I agree they look much better in person than the original pics. I'm hoping to demo them this weekend alongside my current irons and the Burner 2.0s.

Bingo.

Here is another line of thinking JB. Maybe they did wait too long and should have released the R11 irons while the R11 driver was still hot. Not too soon but no too late either. Jump on the coattails of the R11 driver.

Here is another line of thinking JB. Maybe they did wait too long and should have released the R11 irons while the R11 driver was still hot. Not too soon but no too late either. Jump on the coattails of the R11 driver.

But then people complain that the release is too close to the Tour Preferred.

But then people complain that the release is too close to the Tour Preferred.

This is TM. TM releases clubs when they see fit and as much as they want. Stupid people.

I'd also wager that there were a fair amount of people holding out hoping for an R11 upgrade to replace the R9's. Those people might not have been interested in the TP line of clubs and skipped them entirely.

I love these types of discussions. It makes my brain work and I enjoy it, so thanks for all the recent perspectives. I love what TM does as a company. I think they have a "forged" GE iron in the CB's, to cater to the forged faithful, and now they have a cast version, an upgrade from the R9. They have no holes and I like that.

Part of me thinks the releases may have worked better the other way round. R11 irons first, then TP line. But, that also leaves a hole in the tour player category. hmmm. I dunno.

Anyhow, had a quick look at these in the range store last night and I must say they look so much nicer in person than they do in the pics. More compact than I imagined too.

I'm still rather surprised that GG told me they'd sold no R11 sets. This dude had to be lying like a rug. I just can't buy that until someone comes out with evidence the R11 irons aren't selling well. Mizuno homer.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I'm still rather surprised that GG told me they'd sold no R11 sets. This dude had to be lying like a rug. I just can't buy that until someone comes out with evidence the R11 irons aren't selling well. Mizuno homer

I can see that depending on where you live. With 6-8 weeks left in my season, I'm thinking of getting a set, but as quickly as TM drops their prices, I'm going to wait til next year and probably score them at a better price...

I can see that depending on where you live. With 6-8 weeks left in my season, I'm thinking of getting a set, but as quickly as TM drops their prices, I'm going to wait til next year and probably score them at a better price...

Can't blame you there. That's very solid logic unless your name is OEM lol. I've been teetering on the edge of ordering these but have backed away each time. I want them in a bad way but have a weak OEM hand for some reason.

Can't blame you there. That's very solid logic unless your name is OEM lol. I've been teetering on the edge of ordering these but have backed away each time. I want them in a bad way but have a weak OEM hand for some reason.

Just get them already so I can try them! On that note, what are you doing Saturday?

Is it justified to really upgrade from the R9 to the R11s? I can't see it, I could see going from a prior version to the R11s, but not R9 to R11. Cost to performance gained I just don't see that much. Only reason they are on my radar is I was switching shafts, so it just made sense, but if my R9s had the C-Tapers or even the KBS Tour, I couldn't see spending money for what will amount to only a fraction gained over the R9.

This is just my opinion, but the R11 release to me is very similar to the Burner 2.0 release last year from a timing perspective. To the best of my knowledge, the Burner 2.0s haven't had their price dropped yet even though they were released last October.

I do understand the comment about fall releases and how it would affect the buying patterns of Northerners without OEM in their screen-name.

Is it justified to really upgrade from the R9 to the R11s? I can't see it, I could see going from a prior version to the R11s, but not R9 to R11. Cost to performance gained I just don't see that much. Only reason they are on my radar is I was switching shafts, so it just made sense, but if my R9s had the C-Tapers or even the KBS Tour, I couldn't see spending money for what will amount to only a fraction gained over the R9.

That's a personal decision about any club purchase. Unless you try them out, you won't really know what's right for you.

Back