TaylorMade Releases R11S Driver Preview

Thanks I have only hit at the range, so on course has yet to be determined. I do think both these drivers are the nicest out there. The R11s has everything I like.i am a fan of the looks, sound, and distance. I hit very few schanks with this driver and it is a little longer than the 910.

I had another good driving day today, went back to the setup that was working really well and only missed a few fairways in the first cut. Even on a couple toe misshits I had nice distance and still a nice tight little draw, probably lost about 10 yards on those but I will take that in the fairway anyday. I cant wait to see what happens once the ground hardens up later this summer, I should be hitting it longer than I ever have with some roll out.

The more time I spend with tihs club the better my driving gets, yesterday I was in or around the fairways and out of trouble all day long, my only real miss of the round was a straight pull that went a very long way into oblivion, just loving this club.

Played nine at a small course with narrow fairways, I was 4 out of 5 fairways hit with driver, the one miss was inches into the right rough, man what a club this is.

Had a rough day today off the tee, only hit 3 fairways (9holes). For some reason I just kept pushing them right and hitting them thin, finally got it figured out on the 6th hole and hit all 3 fairways of the last driving holes.

I had been strugging with my r11s and most of my shots were starting of straight and then going well left and most time i was not seeing similar distance to my r9 supertri and no amount of tweeking the club could fix it untill yesterday. Over in Scotland we had our annual golf show and taylormade were there and you could book a 30 minute fitting with them, so off i went to see them and it turned out the shaft was not right for me. My swing speed is pretty slow and i thought i was borderline regular shafts,but it turns out i need a senior flex in the r11s and also the standard shaft was too long as well and this was giving me problems in clearing my body and was causing me to lean back and hence pushing it to the right. They then made my new shaft in the tour truck and got it out on the course today and what a difference, no more flying off to the right and about 20 more yards in distance. Lesson learned the next time i get a new driver i am getting fitted for it.

Not very good yesterday with my driving, hit 4 of 14 fairways, fought a hook all day long with everything except short irons, still managed an okay round because of decent putting, it was one of those days when I wondered, what if I just teed off with a seven iron.

r11s driver tuning

r11s driver tuning

noticed on TM website, that you can tune the FCT settings to "lower up" and "lower std" and also "higher std" and "higher up" but the loft is the same, and the trajectory is almost the same, what is the difference?

noticed on TM website, that you can tune the FCT settings to "lower up" and "lower std" and also "higher std" and "higher up" but the loft is the same, and the trajectory is almost the same, what is the difference?

Lower up: lower loft w/ toe up lie angle
Lower standard: lower loft w/ toe standard lie

Higher up and higher standard same idea but with higher loft and differences to lie angle

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Lower up: lower loft w/ toe up lie angle
Lower standard: lower loft w/ toe standard lie

Higher up and higher standard same idea but with higher loft and differences to lie angle

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

okay thanks =)

R11s is a very nice driver. In fact, right now it's knocked the 910 out, by a small margin. I straighter and longer by a tAd with this driver. My knock, wears a lot faster.
face is std loft set to open

Still loving this driver, have no plan of it leaving the bag this year at all which is new to me lol. 1 driver for the entire year will be a first in my book. It has just been that good. The hotmelt has made a HUGE difference in the sound/feel of this driver for me, just that much better. Even after not playing for a couple weeks or practicing at all I went out and only missed 3 fairways and they were just in the first cut of rough(9holes). I have not been hitting hardly any snap hooks or big high hooks getting me in trouble like I was last year with the 910 every once in awhile. Im pretty sure its because of the MWT, I can really toe weight it to slow it down from turning over to quick.

Ya it's good! I went to a demo and ea hitting a 7m3 and was very impressed!!! Dead straight bullets. Coupled with a fit shaft, the thin is awesome. I hit my drive of the year so far with it yesterday. 366 to the flag and had a small amount of wedge to work with. I am pondering the 7m3 in a big way though as it feels a bit better than the pjx. Still they are both awesome shafts

Of course the first time I play after mentioning hardly any snap hooks etc I have the worst driving day of the year haha. 0 fairways hit with 3 low snap hooks, couple that looked good at first then just kept turning left and more left and more left. It was a sad sad day for the R11s and I. I really wasnt even close to hitting a fairway, played from fairways left of me and the trees but never mine hehe.

Just had another poor day. One semi good drive. I had nothing today just loads of yards right. It's. It the drivers fault, that thing is good. Pretty forgiving for the shots I did take. That's a bonus

Well after Fridays horrid display of driving I had a pretty good day off the tee this morning. Hit a couple bombs for me, tight little draws that ended up dead center of the fairway about 260 out with damp fairways. I ended up missing 3 fairways (9holes) but 2 of those kicked hard right into the first cut of rough so it was much better than what it sounds. In reality I should of only missed 1 fairway if I didnt get those bad kicks. Still very very impressed with this driver and how forgiving it is, even on my miss (toe shots) they still get up and go with out loosing to much distance and stay on line as well. I will add the 1 horrible miss was a drive I just tried to go after to hard on hole 9 and hit a topper lol.

R11S Driver - White Crown

R11S Driver - White Crown

For those of you who own a R11S driver, how hard is it to keep the white crown clean?

The magic eraser will do the trick and make it easy to clean and maintain.

Not an issue unless you're playing in a mud pit or something. Clean it like any other club.

--
Tapatalk2

I little spit and a towel cleans most everything off my 2.0 FW and worked the same for my original R11...

Thanks for the quick responses! My birthday is a week away and the gf wants to get me a driver and I am eyeing the R11S.

Magic eraser
when ur done looking at ball marks wipe the black with that. Nice clean driver thats nice and shiny. Eliminates glare too

I've got a driver with a white crown and it's no problem. Just give it a scrub with a towel when you clean the rest of your clubs

White is 100x easier to keep clean than black. No fingerprints, glare, swirl marks or anything like that. My rescue11 hybrid that has 2 seasons on it still looks new (crown/white paint).

Back