TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

A set of these arrived at my house today and will be in the bag tomorrow for my round with sharkwrestler and pmoa. I did go to the range but it was to spend some time at the short game area so I did not hit them yet. I may have snuck in a couple shots with the 6 iron but not enough to gather any thoughts just yet. More to come.

Look forward to hearing what you think dude. The Tour version have me interested.

Look forward to hearing what you think dude. The Tour version have me interested.

While these are on the large side Im not quite sure they make the cut for being shovels. They do have a thicker top line though but the offset isnt too bad which I like. Im pretty curious about a couple things going into tomorrow. Distance for one. Second is the feel on both pure and miss hits. And will the longer shafts cause issues with my swing.

While these are on the large side Im not quite sure they make the cut for being shovels. They do have a thicker top line though but the offset isnt too bad which I like. Im pretty curious about a couple things going into tomorrow. Distance for one. Second is the feel on both pure and miss hits. And will the longer shafts cause issues with my swing.

I remember your game with a few irons like these a couple of years ago. It will take a few holes to transition to them, but when you do, I think you will have a winner on your hands.

Looking forward to hearing about these kmac. You're right, they aren't small but it is not an ugly sight picture either.

Definitely dude. Not sure I'd want to go any bigger than my R9s, hence pondering the Tours.

I'm super JEALOUS of you right now Kmac!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A set of these arrived at my house today and will be in the bag tomorrow for my round with sharkwrestler and pmoa. I did go to the range but it was to spend some time at the short game area so I did not hit them yet. I may have snuck in a couple shots with the 6 iron but not enough to gather any thoughts just yet. More to come.

That's awesome Kmac. I am REALLY jealous and I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Kmac....what are your thoughts about them?? Had a chance to play with them yet??

Kmac....what are your thoughts about them?? Had a chance to play with them yet??

I have had them out now for a couple rounds. Each time I play them I like them a little more. First time out I struggled a bit adjusting to the longer shafts but got better as the day went on. Played them yesterday and today too. Had a very good ball striking day yesterday with them but got a case of the lefts today. Saw a few too many big huge hooks today. These remind me a lot of the Burner 2.0's if not a little better. So far I haven't seen any nuked shots that go a lot farther then normal. Distance is about what I'd expect for my swing. I've actually hit the longer irons really well specially the 4 iron. If I have anything negative so far its the longer shafts have given me some consistency issues and the ATV GW gives me issues too. I keep hitting it fat.

I assume the set you are hitting is a standard set?? From a comparison perspective, were you hitting hooks with your game set before these? What kind of ball flight are you seeing?

Back