TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has your in hand photos of the latest release from TaylorMade Golf the RocketBladez irons. Over the past couple of weeks, we have had the opportunity to test these out and came away quite impressed. More on the performance and data in the coming weeks in our final review of course. You can click over to the home page and read all about the latest irons right here.

http://bit.ly/RT5AOr

i-w7rtZ6f-L.jpg

i-BfZ97GV-L.jpg

Polymer filled to prevent dirt buildup
i-KmPZZq9-L.jpg

i-8xZBLs9-L.jpg

i-sLKrcHR-L.jpg

i-VVXVksQ-L.jpg

Oh my, and here they are. Not sure how I feel about them. But I'd hit it.

Well lookie there....hmmmmmmm

I for one am surprised. The medallion choice actually looks pretty good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the looks of these. Nice progression from the rbz line, for sure.

Those look good. I wonder how they'll perform.

I have one issue. They talk about irons havent changed much until now. Didnt they say that with the OG RBZ, and Burner 2.0, and OG Burner?

I know its par for the course to hear consistent political-style lines out of these companies but still.

On the other hand, its great to hear theyre rolling out a tour model. Cant wait to see those!

Quite interesting, not exactly what I picture when I think of blades especially given the cavity and the apparent thicker topline. Will be interested to read the on course feedback.

I talk and Siri types. From the iPhone 5.

Nice looking irons and is that a speed slot I see on the sole?

I like longer distances on mis hits!

Nice looking irons and is that a speed slot I see on the sole?

It is. It is polymer filled to keep it up from filling up with dirt.

I like the looks of them. The badge on the back is sharp. Don't know if I would play them but you never know till you hit them. Going to the homepage now...

hmmm.....these have me intrigued. Too bad we were a little early for the Ohio event, these would of seen alot of action on the range.

I dislike the talk about how the speed pocket makes the face flex. Just sounds like an inconsistent distance to me

I think they look pretty good. Much better than the RBZ. After enjoying the R11s for the past year ill def give these a few swings when I see them in person.

I definitely like the look and idea behind these. Can't wait to hear more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quite interesting, not exactly what I picture when I think of blades especially given the cavity and the apparent thicker topline. Will be interested to read the on course feedback.

This. I guess I was thinking something completely different from the name, but will be interested to see what the feedback is about this since I have the OG RBZ's.

I'd really love to challenge them on the 'consistent distance' claim. This is the biggest struggle for me, now that I'm testing a GI set this offseason.

Lie adjustment made easier

Lie adjustment made easier

I think this is a really cool part of the design by TaylorMade:

External and Internal Hosel-bending Notches
RocketBladez irons (both models) feature a distinct external notch on the outer, rear side of the hosel and an internal notch inside that together make it easy to bend the head to change the lie angle. That’s a distinct advantage to bendability when employing high-strength stainless steel in the head construction.

I dislike the talk about how the speed pocket makes the face flex. Just sounds like an inconsistent distance to me

Agree with this in terms of irons. I love it on woods though, when it's on the top and bottom of the face!

I don't like them. I'm sure they'll sell like crazy and I'm gonna try 'em, but I don't like 'em.

I wonder what the tour version of this iron will look like. I'm guessing it will be the zebra iron we saw? That looked like it had a thinner sole than this.

It is. It is polymer filled to keep it up from filling up with dirt.

Great stuff. I was wondering about how the sole was not going to fill up with dirt etc.

They don't look bad, but nothing that gets me excited. I know looks are not everything, but at this point, it's all I have to go off of.

Not liking that grey face on there, reminds me of the RBZ's which were terrible. They look a little bulky, but I'd be down for the tour version.

Looking forward to the tester's reviews.

Back