TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

The day (literally) that I get a new set of irons I'm craving to try this latest and greatest innovation. They look great, thanks for the reviews

can't you return your new irons? haha hopefully you can so you can get these

I've been looking through these, but the offset doesn't really look too bad, that intrigues me

Sort of bothers me I didnt realize it while playing a $130 course, haha. I guess I sort of did but not to the extent I did today. At least its an easy fix.

I have to look through some of my bulle Rock info that came with my package to see about getting you a discount.

Im not sure if any of the other guys noticed this but one of the very first things that caught my attention was the sound. When I was on the range with Shark this past Sunday he took some swings with the 6 iron and the sound was almost metal wood sounding. And he caught them pure too. Distance was exceptional from what I could tell. I really struggled on the range getting used to them but on the course things were much better. These do make a different sound though.

Kevin That def. was quite interesting with the sound that the 6 iron produced.
I can attest the length is is much longer than my R-11 6 iron I'd put it between the 4~5 iron kind of distance.
The ball flight off of the rocketfuel shaft was a sight to see after returning to earth with plenty of roll out to complete the landing. It was a beautiful mid flight type of ball flight.
These now have my interest and now I'm hungry to try the tour version to compare the two. WTG Taylormade.

can't you return your new irons? haha hopefully you can so you can get these

Hey, I considered it!

I was breaking my old irons so TM sent me a new RBZ set. It came in as a custom order because they added new shafts, so it wasn't a stock order I could flip for store credit to get these.

Who am I to complain though with new stix for free.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out the soonest time I can put these in play again. A practice session did a lot for my confidence with them. Hadn't had a chance to just practice much lately and that's something I need to stay fresh. On top of that, these are different than what I've had in the bag. Distance is definitely there and they put the ball in the air, even when I'm not hitting the face dead center. They are good at dampening vibrations on toe shots as well. I'll admit to being a little concerned when I first got them. Switching irons always seems like the hardest thing for me to get used to, but so far-so good.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out the soonest time I can put these in play again. A practice session did a lot for my confidence with them. Hadn't had a chance to just practice much lately and that's something I need to stay fresh. On top of that, these are different than what I've had in the bag. Distance is definitely there and they put the ball in the air, even when I'm not hitting the face dead center. They are good at dampening vibrations on toe shots as well. I'll admit to being a little concerned when I first got them. Switching irons always seems like the hardest thing for me to get used to, but so far-so good.

I'm excited about your eagerness to get at it again. You've come a long way on that front with these, seeing is believing though I know.

Thinking it might not be until Saturday or Sunday unfortunately. Stupid time change has ruined everything.

That's not bad for a 5i that you normally don't hit man. We need to get together after Turkey Day so I can check these out for myself

Good question. I played pretty short today at only 6100 yards so I didnt hit a ton of long irons into the greens. One that does come to mind, actually two. Par 3 today, 180 over water, I hit the 5. Hit a strange sweeping sort of draw which I dont usually hit with my long irons. This one hit the green and ran off the back a bit. And that shot on 18 from the sand was a 5 too. This one did hold the green but Id expect that from the sand.

Thinking it might not be until Saturday or Sunday unfortunately. Stupid time change has ruined everything.

Truth. I can only get about 14 in after work now before it gets iffy.

I was right there with you on my concern about switching irons. Especially going from a blade(ish) iron like the J40 CB. But all in the name of a good review I was excited for the opportunity. The best part is that looking at our extended forecast shows that I'll have a lot of opportunity to get out and play golf in the foreseeable future. I love that.

Hell, a lot of the driving ranges are closed by the time I get off work, even if there's daylight left.

And if you get stuck behind someone? Game over.

Luckily here I'm usually one of the few still on the course this time of year. But still, you're dead on, get behind a group and its lights out...literally.

I was right there with you on my concern about switching irons. Especially going from a blade(ish) iron like the J40 CB. But all in the name of a good review I was excited for the opportunity. The best part is that looking at our extended forecast shows that I'll have a lot of opportunity to get out and play golf in the foreseeable future. I love that.

I saw the same thing with the weather. Anything after Thanksgiving is a little blessing, so I should probably just quit complaining.

You know, I know what I like in an iron when it comes to size and looks. The RocketBladez are basically the opposite of that. That being said, they have proven to be pretty fun hit and they are growing on me every time I get a chance to swing them.

I saw the same thing with the weather. Anything after Thanksgiving is a little blessing, so I should probably just quit complaining.

You know, I know what I like in an iron when it comes to size and looks. The RocketBladez are basically the opposite of that. That being said, they have proven to be pretty fun hit and they are growing on me every time I get a chance to swing them.

I love the RBZ Driver and 3 Wood, but was really disappointed with the RBZ irons when I hit them at the AC Outing. The sole was just huge and I couldn't make solid contact. It's nice to hear that these have seemed to "fix" what a lot of else felt was wrong with the original RBZ irons.

These are on the top of my ponder list (along with the new AMP Irons coming out) as we head into 2013

I like the looks of those Cell irons too, jlukes.

No doubt.

Depending on aesthetic preferences, I'd say these are very much worth putting on a GI iron short list. They are surprisingly nice.

No doubt.

Depending on aesthetic preferences, I'd say these are very much worth putting on a GI iron short list. They are surprisingly nice.

Yeah, they're definitely on there. I'm just about a single digit handicap now playing the r7 TP irons. I am actually leanings towards a more GI iron because I do not shape the ball and really just want the club that gives me good forgiveness.

I wish I had these instead of the RBZs I just got. I love looking down at a slimmer head and the RBZs just look fat to me. I was more comfortable with my 12 year old no name clubs. Though, I'll get used to the RBZs I'm sure, I'd much prefer something closer to a blade or forged look

While these maybe a little smaller looking then the RBZ they are nowhere near small. You may want to wait until the tour version is released in early 2013.

Posted via tapatalk.

While these maybe a little smaller looking then the RBZ they are nowhere near small. You may want to wait until the tour version is released in early 2013.

Posted via tapatalk.

The name is a little deceiving then eh? Ah well, I'll get used to em.

No doubt that it's an odd name. Hope those RBZ's come around for you.

Back