TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Definitely an upgrade from the green.

I think the entire look of the cavity / club is an upgrade from the RBZ.

Agreed on both of those statements.

Agreed, plus, I really like that they aren't as chunky as the RBZ's.

These look better in the pics than on the website. Great reviews. May have to demo them but it will be hard for them to knock the R11s out of the bag.

Having just put R11 irons in the bag (2rounds) I can't see making another change already, although the reviews at least make me want to try them. Nice looking though, colors are good and as we all know it's the results that matter.

In case anybody missed it, THP is giving a set of these away as part of the HUGE Holiday Cheer event.

In case anybody missed it, THP is giving a set of these away as part of the HUGE Holiday Cheer event.

I definitely did NOT miss that :D

yeah it's amazing!!!

whoever wins better post all their thoughts and findings in this thread!!!!

Great reviews so far Jake and Hawk !

If you can, could you compare and explain the differences between the RocketBladez and the Burner 2.0's for feel, distance, ball flight, etc... ?

I have a 2.0 6 iron and I'll take it with me the next time I get these out, DD.

That would be great...thanks Hawk !

Not a problem. The other three guys will probably be better than I am at that though. They've all played them for extended time frames.

yeah it's amazing!!!

whoever wins better post all their thoughts and findings in this thread!!!!

I agree, and I would love for it to be me. Good stuff in here so far, looking forward to hearing from all of the testers.

Not a problem. The other three guys will probably be better than I am at that though. They've all played them for extended time frames.
I lurved my 2.0's!

That is awesome. This thread will serve as a nice teaser!!!

Tapatalking on my iPad

Great start Hawk! The name does throw me off a bit as they seem to be very much a GI club.

I also was thrown off by the name. I need GI or even SGI clubs. These DO seem to be a GI club!! My mind is very much open to these now.

Great reviews thus far. The Roger Dunn by me has these for demo now. Going this week to try them out.

Im not sure if any of the other guys noticed this but one of the very first things that caught my attention was the sound. When I was on the range with Shark this past Sunday he took some swings with the 6 iron and the sound was almost metal wood sounding. And he caught them pure too. Distance was exceptional from what I could tell. I really struggled on the range getting used to them but on the course things were much better. These do make a different sound though.

Last edited:
Another thing I also noticed. I have a r7 7iron that has a similar black and gold color scheme. Anybody else notice that? I liked it in the r7 irons, although I never had a full set.

Im not sure if any of the other guys noticed this but one of the very first things that caught my attention was the sound. When I was on the range with Shark this past Sunday he took some swing with the 6 iron and the sound was almost metal wood sounding. And he caught them pure too. Distance was exceptional from what I could tell. I really struggled on the range getting used to them but on the course things were much better. These do make a different sound though.

i wonder if its from the speed slot. i want to hit these so bad. i love my R11s. i may have to hit up GG this week sometime. and give them a whirl.

I agree with this, I am actually quite excited about these.

i wonder if its from the speed slot. i want to hit these so bad. i love my R11s. i may have to hit up GG this week sometime. and give them a whirl.

Could be. Since it came with a 4 iron I stuck it in the bag and took maybe two swings with it on the course. It had the same audible qualities we heard in the 6 on the range.

Back