TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Great reviews so far Jake and Hawk !

If you can, could you compare and explain the differences between the RocketBladez and the Burner 2.0's for feel, distance, ball flight, etc... ?
I have not hit these side by side to compare but I definitely plan on it sometime soon. Early on I found that I'm able to keep the ball flight in check a lot better with the RBladez. What I mean specifically is that I struggled with keeping my ball flight down with the scoring irons. I hit the absolute highest balls with my lower irons when the Burner 2.0s and so far I've already found that with the RBladez I'm able to flight that ball lower which helps me with my distance control as well.

Feel is pretty similar, especially in the longer irons. With both sets I've been able to get feedback on my shots without losing too much forgiveness. The forgiveness also seems similar with both the 2.0 and the RocketBladez. It's been a while since I've hit the 2.0s so I'm going to get some side by side comparisons as soon as I can, but from my little testing so far with the RBladez and from my memory of the 2.0s they seem pretty similar both in feel and forgiveness. I always thought the feel of the 2.0 was great, my biggest struggle has always been controlling my ball and my distance and it's early, but so far I feel that the RocketBladez do a lot better job at both.

Im not sure if any of the other guys noticed this but one of the very first things that caught my attention was the sound. When I was on the range with Shark this past Sunday he took some swing with the 6 iron and the sound was almost metal wood sounding. And he caught them pure too. Distance was exceptional from what I could tell. I really struggled on the range getting used to them but on the course things were much better. These do make a different sound though.
I agree with this, not as much in the non speed slot irons but definitely with the longer. It almost reminds me of my Burner SuperLaunch hybo (which I still absolutely love btw).

I agree with this, not as much in the non speed slot irons but definitely with the longer. It almost reminds me of my Burner SuperLaunch hybo (which I still absolutely love btw).

Something I'll have to pay attention to next time Im out with them is non speed slot versus the speed slot irons.

Staying home with a kid that appears to be playing hookie, so we are hanging out in my workshop. Took some comparison pics to the 2.0's.

DSCN1456-L.jpg

DSCN1457-L.jpg

DSCN1458-L.jpg

DSCN1464-L.jpg

DSCN1471-S.jpg
DSCN1470-S.jpg

DSCN1476-L.jpg

Good stuff so far Hawk and P4B! I'm definitely interested to hear more about these irons. I wouldn't mind adding a little bit of distance to my irons.

Those are interesting pictures. Some of the angles make the Rocketbladez appear larger and others dont.

thanks for the pics hawkage! Those pics give me a good understanding of size

Those are interesting pictures. Some of the angles make the Rocketbladez appear larger and others dont.

In general, they are basically the same size. Some small differences, but not much. The one that shows them at address side by side is actually two separate pictures. I didn't realize they would look like one big picture.

In general, they are basically the same size. Some small differences, but not much. The one that shows them at address side by side is actually two separate pictures. I didn't realize they would look like one big picture.

In hand do the soles appear the same size?

In hand do the soles appear the same size?

Well, the black on the 2.0's sort of tricks the eyes I think. At first glance they may appear a hair smaller, so I just measured them. They are pretty much identical at their widest spot. Same with length heel to toe.

Last edited:
Well, the black on the 2.0's sort of tricks the eyes I think. At first glance they may appear a hair smaller, so I just measured them. They are pretty much identical at their widest spot. Same with length heel to toe.

Weird. Its almost like the chrome finish makes the Bladez appear smaller when they arent.

Great pics Hawk. I really thought they'd be smaller than they are. I also love what P4B say's about his ability to control these bad boys. Keep the good feedback coming!

It is kind of weird.

The top line on the RBladez is beveled slightly, but it still measures slightly wider than the 2.0's.

Awesome comparison Hawk, they do look very similar indeed.

Thanks guys. I just figured it would come up quite a bit as this progresses, so hopefully it helps.

Like I said, aside from some small differences, they are basically the same size. Should be able to hit them side-by-side to get some numbers here in the next couple days.

Anybody know much about the stock shaft offering in these? I know the KBS in the R11 is great but didnt know about these.

Anybody know much about the stock shaft offering in these? I know the KBS in the R11 is great but didnt know about these.

Specs look identical to the RBZ and 2.0 shafts. 85 grams and flighted.

Today should be the day for me, already earmarked tomorrow to get out and hit the course with them!

Wow, those are so similar in size to the 2.0's. Great pics! I wasn't appalled by the 2.0 size when I tried them a few times, but I definitely, prefer the next step down in size.

~Rock

great pics Hawkage, I like that they look similar to the burner 2.0 at address, but is it just me, or do the Rocketbladez cavities look a tad smaller? Maybe it's just an illusion

great pics Hawkage, I like that they look similar to the burner 2.0 at address, but is it just me, or do the Rocketbladez cavities look a tad smaller? Maybe it's just an illusion

I wondered the same at first glance, I think alot is probably just the overall club look (finish etc) playing with our eyes.

I'm amazed at how much LESS chunky these are than the RBZ's IMHO.

The cavity on the 2.0's drops closer to the sole and does appear a little larger. It seems like the RBladez have a slug of steel that fills up a little bit of that space.

Back