TaylorMade Spider GT Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Although it is only right that the lion’s share of focus when it comes to TaylorMade has been on their new “Carbonwood” STEALTH drivers, there have been a section of golfers wondering, what about Spider? Well, TaylorMade didn’t forget, although what they are bringing to the table this year is definitely going to cause some interesting conversation. 

It is time to say hello to the Spider GT Putters Collection.

TaylorMade-Spider-GT-Collection-1.png

2022 TaylorMade Spider GT Collection

These Spider putters aren’t just the same ole same, though maybe a little more familiarity wouldn’t have been the worst thing, however, that will be for each of you to decide on your own. The name of the game...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
These are some nice looking mallets @Jman! Great initial write up!

Alien vs Predator?
Any views of the full shafts?

"What if we took a split back, and turned it upside down?"

-Taylormade designers

Also, I don't love these and just by these pictures, I don't know how they justify their price.

Like any new putter release, I will give these a try. I haven’t pulled the trigger on a TM putter since the original Spider Daddy Long Legs but I might like one of these enough to buy one. I like the looks of the GT in black and maybe the Splitback.

Different but not terrible.

Hopefully they look better in hand. Not digging them with first impression.

Like any new putter release, I will give these a try. I haven’t pulled the trigger on a TM putter since the original Spider Daddy Long Legs but I might like one of these enough to buy one. I like the looks of the GT in black and maybe the Splitback.

Loved that putter! Just finally replaced it last year with the Odyssey 2 ball Ten Tour Limited.

I'm not a mallet person but weirdly that white and blue one caught my eye. Would love to give that a go.

Thanks for the info @Jman. I've always liked (visually) the Spider lineups - this is just the opposite for me. Not my cup of tea with this series of Spiders.

Notchback is fine but the rest… woof.

“Anyone have any ideas?”
Design team: “Let’s take one of our best and most recognized products and make it ugly.”

The splitback and notchback look solid the rest look we will say ..interesting to say the least. I'll roll them at a golf Galaxy or dick's to see how they are but other than the notchback and split back those are probably a nope for me.

The splitback and notchback look solid the rest look we will say ..interesting to say the least. I'll roll them at a golf Galaxy or dick's to see how they are but other than the notchback and split back those are probably a nope for me.
I’m not even rolling them. If the first impression is as off putting as these were, I won’t spend any time on it.

It's amazing to me how many putter designs revolve around good old #7 in some way shape or form. Pictures probably don't do these justice and the color options are going to give us some unique looks. I actually kind of like the notchback the best of the these

Great write up. That GT split back looks interesting.

The first couple of pictures looked like little turtles. The fang shape was better but probably because I play that type of putter. Overall not my vibe.

The Splitback doesn't look so bad. The rest of 'em, though...

Although I will say the blue/white one has some serious 50's diner retro vibes.

These don’t look all that great minus maybe the splitback

I'm not a fan in the least. And I've loved Spider Putters in the past, but these don't inspire confidence at all. Hope they at least perform.

I don't mind saying that I really like those designs - techie and kewl - and I typically like nothing much about TM. Their clubs don't seem to work for me. But heck, I have an open mind. I've tried lately.:oops:

But these putters look techie cool, those new colors are cool, the triple track one reminds me of the old Ram Putter with its many lines and the Scotty Catalina (?) - Long time ago.:unsure:

I am actually impressed. :cool:

But I'm married to my two current putters and there will be no divorce.

Last edited:
I mean thankfully its not a Truss.

Besides the splitback ... 🤢

Back