Testing Irons for THP

I would LOVE to test some irons! I think I meet all of the criteria thanks to heated driving ranges in the winter here.
1. What is your handicap? 12
2. What is your current set of irons? Taylormade 2009 Tour Preferred
3. Do you have an iron preference? I generally lean towards a players cavity, I definitely don't think I have the game for blades but a players cavity gives me the look that I want and an adequate amount of forgiveness.

Thanks THP for giving members such awesome opportunities!

1. What is your handicap? 13.4

2. What is your current set of irons? G15

3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement) GI, SGI, or players cavity

Would love to have the opportunity!

Last edited:
Wow! How cool would it be to get selected for pre-release irons?! THP Rocks!

1. 12
2. Taylormade 320 series (Old i know, have tried many others but Im most comfortable with them)
3. GI or players cavity but I am down to test anything!

Awesome stuff, THP. Good luck to all those that throw their name in!

Very cool...would love to help out.

1. What is your handicap? 8.1 GHIN
2. What is your current set of irons? Titleist AP1's
3. Do you have an iron preference? Game Improvement or something a bit closer to a players club.

I love this site! :)

I'll definitely be playing through the winter months being in California, but one thing I do have to point out is that I started seeing my golf coach again after a 3 year absence and so my handicap is in a bit of a flux. I'm still easily managing a 12, but I do need to point out that I'm amid some major swing changes.

1. Handicap: 12
2. Current irons: TM R9, previous was Mizuno-MP37 and TM 300
3. Iron Preference: I'll hit anything....given what I own are blades/players cavities/game improvement irons, I could probably draw the best comparisons with those. However, I do have a lot of experience with the super game improvements from hitting them at demo days as well as helping my beginner friends with their sets.

Good luck to everyone chosen for this amazing opportunity. Look forward to more great THP member reviews.

1. What is your handicap? Ghin 11.7
2. What is your current set of irons? cleveland Hibore XLi with Gold Graphite reg. flex shafts
3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement) Game improvement would be great

Thanks THP this would be a cool opportunity!!!

I live in N.C. and golf year round with a few extra clothes at times.

1. What is your handicap? 13
2. What is your current set of irons? TM R9
3. Do you have an iron preference? I tend to go for the game improvement sets.

This site rocks.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll have any trouble finding enough people interested, that's for sure! This is a great opportunity and everyone who is lucky enough to be selected will definitely help whoever the OEM is that's for sure. I continue to love how the Burner 2.0 testing thread is going, we've got new people popping in daily that have purchased a set based on some of the information in that thread!

Man I would love to do this but my HC is not quite low enough yet. Hope everyone enjoys these irons and be sure to give a good write up on everything you think about them.

I don't think we'll have any trouble finding enough people interested, that's for sure! This is a great opportunity and everyone who is lucky enough to be selected will definitely help whoever the OEM is that's for sure. I continue to love how the Burner 2.0 testing thread is going, we've got new people popping in daily that have purchased a set based on some of the information in that thread!

Amen...hopefully I win some tommorrow but if not they are definately moving to the top of my list to demo in May.

If lefties are ever allowed to play please let me know!

Wow, only on THP would you see something as cool as this.

1. 14 cap
2. Nickent 4DX Pro
3. Players cavity

It gets cold and snowy here, but I go to the indoor weekly and will be in Southern Missouri a bunch seeing my kids.

Thanks THP and Taylormade.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I'd love to.

I guess that's one of the perks to living in San Diego...I get to play golf all year.

I play 36 holes a week (9 after work Thursdays, 18 Saturday, 9 Sunday morning). 33, righty.

1. I'm a 9.7 handicap
2. Cobra FP's
3. Players cavity

I tend to use irons for non-traditional shots (chip with 4 irons, use a 5 iron out of a bunker, 100 yard 6 iron that fly's 10 feet off the ground, etc) so that might be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you're looking for.

1. 14 cap
2. Nickent 4DX Pro
3. Players cavity

It gets cold and snowy here, but I go to the indoor weekly and will be in Southern Missouri a bunch seeing my kids.

That was the last time around, no idea who it will be this time Duey...c'mon man, pay attention!

===== QUOTE thedue ====

1. 14 cap
2. Nickent 4DX Pro
3. Players cavity

===== /QUOTE ====

That was the last time around, no idea who it will be this time Duey...c'mon man, pay attention!

Dang, I hate doing this from my phone, haha. Got me all excited for nothing.

I wouldn't say it's for nothing, we just don't know who it is yet. I'm sure it'll be something from a company that everyone will be very excited about though!

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I wouldn't say it's for nothing, we just don't know who it is yet. I'm sure it'll be something from a company that everyone will be very excited about though!

Berryblab keeps locking up my damn phone. I finally got scrolled all the way down to the message and read it quick, I thought it was 2.0's. Then with your message I assumed it was an old thread.

What a day! Oh well, no doubt it'll be something cool.

Again, THP is the place to be!! To bad my handicap is way to high. Oh that and I don't live south of the border. Maybe one day....

What a cool opportunity!! Goodluck everybody!!

Congrats to everyone here that we have a community that is seen as being passionate about golf to be worthy of such an honor. What an exciting opportunity!

I meet all of the specified requirements and would enjoy writing about my experience with the clubs. My answers to the questions are as follows:

1.) My Handicap is 12.0
2.) My current set of irons are Adams CB2's.
3.) I do not have a preference per se, but given my skill level, I would be best suited to any of the irons other than blades.

Good luck to everyone!

Should be a great opportunity for everyone!!! I'm almost there handicap wise! Good luck :)

Dang I would love too but it's gonna be snowy here in December and Jan :( maybe next time

1. Handicap: 14.8 (gotta update my sig!)
2. Currently play: Callaway X-20
3. Iron preference: game improvement, although I have been demoing some players' cavity and really like the way they feel (when I hit them right :smile-big:)

Sometimes it'll be warm enough to play or I'll drive down south for a weekend, but mostly it'd be range work.

Thanks!

Current handicap = 15.7.... lol

Maybe I'll go play a few rounds this weekend and try to lower it.

Back