Testing Irons for THP

I agree P4B, this is HUGE! First off, I hope I get selected, second....I am wishing I knew what irons it was.

It is like Christmas except the winners will have to earn their presents.

The coolest part of it all for me was after the Burner 2.0s were released we had people signing up for THP just to tell us that they bought a set based on our testing thread, they saw some great information posted in there and we had 5 of us talking about different aspects of the clubs and that was very beneficial for people looking for info on those particular irons. I'm sure this will go down very similar to that and it just really makes coming here to THP even more rewarding and fun knowing that you're helping people out.

yeah, nothing better than being thanked for your honesty. it's very rewarding.

and there's one other facet that doesn't need to be left out of the equation: forum participation. i think it's a key element. we're all friends here and we all entrust each other with our opinions and feedback. i know for a fact i've bought things b/c someone on hear raved about it. it really speaks to how cool THP is and the people that belong here.

yeah, nothing better than being thanked for your honesty. it's very rewarding.

and there's one other facet that doesn't need to be left out of the equation: forum participation. i think it's a key element. we're all friends here and we all entrust each other with our opinions and feedback. i know for a fact i've bought things b/c someone on hear raved about it. it really speaks to how cool THP is and the people that belong here.

You are right. The people choosing who will get the sets of irons, just like last time, take that into consideration. They do not want someone that makes 3 posts and then only pops in when a contest is up. Because frankly, sending a $1000 set of irons to someone that may or may not deliver long term thoughts will not be in the equation.

That being said, as we mentioned, tenure on the THP Forum will not factor in to the decision. Just because someone is fairly new, does not mean they will be excluded. That is why the signup for this is running for a little while. To determine these kinds of things.

Take for example the Bridgestone ball testing that we are currently doing. Tons of people signed up for that, and some have STILL not contacted GG to get their balls shipped to them. It will certainly not happen with $1000 irons.

You are right. The people choosing who will get the sets of irons, just like last time, take that into consideration. They do not want someone that makes 3 posts and then only pops in when a contest is up. Because frankly, sending a $1000 set of irons to someone that may or may not deliver long term thoughts will not be in the equation.

That being said, as we mentioned, tenure on the THP Forum will not factor in to the decision. Just because someone is fairly new, does not mean they will be excluded. That is why the signup for this is running for a little while. To determine these kinds of things.

Take for example the Bridgestone ball testing that we are currently doing. Tons of people signed up for that, and some have STILL not contacted GG to get their balls shipped to them. It will certainly not happen with $1000 irons.

That is very disappointing! But not surprising. I understand people will be here for the contests, but I guess gratitude and doing your part are appreciated. Oh well, the moral of this is to just pick me...hehe, I kid(but do pick me).

Zoinks! Thats unbelievable to me JB. Like... totally inconceivable.
I like the stance of having them contact you though, because those are the people that did it for the right reasons.
After that, I would be gun-shy about a full set of prerelease irons too.

That is very disappointing! But not surprising. I understand people will be here for the contests, but I guess gratitude and doing your part are appreciated. Oh well, the moral of this is to just pick me...hehe, I kid(but do pick me).

We dont ask for gratitude, but when it involves a company supplying products to be tested, and all they ask for is honest feedback, we hope people take it partially seriously at least. The testing reviews written on these irons will be read by THOUSANDS of people looking for good information.

Sadly, I can contribute like a madman, but I can't golf that good (yet), lol. Seriously, though. It's fun to talk here. I'd be going post crazy if I was hoping to test these.

We dont ask for gratitude, but when it involves a company supplying products to be tested, and all they ask for is honest feedback, we hope people take it partially seriously at least. The testing reviews written on these irons will be read by THOUSANDS of people looking for good information.

Thats just awesome!

and JB, i wasn't implying that only those that post all the time will get selected, just that being active has its benefits. that is all.

and JB, i wasn't implying that only those that post all the time will get selected, just that being active has its benefits. that is all.

I know you werent. Just wanted to make sure people understood our point of view on the matter.

Possibly hundereds of thousands with all these awesome press releases floating around and, of course, word of mouth!

The good news is you have some great candidates at thp. Nice that you are considering newer members as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just to add on top of things already said, you guys do a great job promoting a "must try" club. Speaking for myself in San Jose, I do a large amount of my testing at the SJ Muni demo-day every May where every manufacturer is available. Given the large amounts of people there and the tons of clubs to try, I honestly can't hit them all nor give them all enough time. But you guys do a great job with helping me make a top-5-"must hit" list to work off as well as figuring out which company's individual demo says I should make the drive out to afterwards before I make my purchase decisions.

I know my current driver, 3wood, and irons are largely THP's fault (and I mean that in a good way....although my wallet disagrees) and I know there's a good 3-4 more things I'm looking at or looking forward to in the coming months.

I know golf clubs are a very personal thing, but I think these forums have done a pretty good job at directing buzz to what we really should try. Simply, there's just too many things to try, too many things to customize, and just too little time to figure it all out alone.

What an opportunity...count me in!

1. What is your handicap?

- GHIN 4.2

2. What is your current set of irons?

- Mizuno MP 62 (or Taylormade R9 TP...I've been going back and forth a bit lately)

3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement)

- I'm partial to the thinner topline, compact appearance and feel associated with a blade or player's cavity.

On a side note, my wife and I will be spending the winter in Florida for the first time so I'll have ample opportunity to test out a new set of irons in the beautiful Florida sunshine in December and January if I'm lucky enough to be selected.

Thanks THP!

I am located in California, so the weather makes golf playable year round.

My handicap index: 13.6

My current iron set: R9 irons with kbs 90 stiff.

I do not have a real preference of clubs. I played cavity backs when I was younger, and played muscleback blades for about 6 years before switching to the R9 irons. My philosophy is if I have in mind what I want the ball to do, and the club helps me do that, then that club works for me.

Are you kididng me? They haven't contacted you yet? Maybe you could offer those balls to someone else that didn't get selected then?

club testing

club testing

I'm in San Diego where there is no such thing as winter (it's 80 outside today!). I'm also a QA/Test Engineer by trade if that matters. Would love to review some new irons.

1. What is your handicap? 5.6
2. What is your current set of irons? A mixed set of Mizuno MP-68/MP-57
3. Do you have an iron preference? Blade followed by players cavity

I can spend hours upon end evaluating products. Live for it.

I will humbly accept any balls not taken JB lol

So glad so many are interested. It will be a fun testing, that is for sure.

Criteria
For this particular product testing we are looking for golfers that have a handicap of 15 or less.
You must be RH due to availability of pre-launch equipment. I'M RIGHT HANDED, WOO HOO 1-1 SO FAR
You must be able to play golf through the months of December & January (either on course, simulator, or range). LIVE JUST OUTSIDE OF PHOENIX SO I CAN PLAY ALL YEAR, SWEET 2-2
You must be located in the USA. CHECK HERE, 3-3.
You must be over the age of 18. QUITE A BIT OLDER, WISH I WAS STILL 18, AH MAYBE NOT.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. NO PROBLEM, I PLAY 2 PER WEEK ATLEAST. MORE PLANNED DURING DECEMBER WHEN I HAVE 3 WEEKS OFF!

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them. If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure. GOOD HERE, NOT AS ACTIVE AS I'D LIKE BUT I TRY.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions.

1. What is your handicap? 4.6 CURRENTLY. REGULARLY PLAY IN MY LOCAL MEN'S CLUB AND 1-2 CASUAL ROUNDS PER WEEK.
2. What is your current set of irons? TITLEIST AP2'S(2008). I LOVE THEM, BUT AM OPEN TO CHANGE. IT'S THE LONGEST I'VE EVER HAD ONE SET, SO MY EYE IS WANDERING DAILY...
3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement) PLAYERS CAVITY FOR SURE. I LIKE A THINNER TOPLINE, BUT WOULD BE OPEN TO TRY ANYTHING.

I THINK, I SCORED 100%, I HOPE I'M CHOSEN. IF NOT, THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT TIME.....

So glad everybody is enthusiastic about this.

I love the excitement as well, I was on the phone with JB today and we were discussing the Burner 2.0 thread and we both agree how much of a success that thread has been for TaylorMade and THP both, talk about a win/win situation. I can't imagine anything less this time around either, get on board everyone, if you meet the criteria and you're not on board you're really going to miss the boat on this one!!!

....dang....17 handicap....sigh

When do you think you'll be making the selection?
(anxiously waiting)

Back