Testing Irons for THP

Went to a simulator near me yesterday with Nerfny. It felt great to hit some shots, I haven't done that since mid November. My swing was a little rusty, but after a little while I was feeling a lot better. This place is on my way home from work so once I get these irons I can easily stop there and test them out. They also have a "heated" range for when its not below freezing where I can test as well. I was excited to get out and swing yesterday and now I am ready for these things to show up.

Glad you got to get out and swing the wrenches ddec! You know without a doubt that these irons will be showing up this week while myself, SethO and Hanks will be away from home. Oh well, as long as JB gets his set we can check em out!

Jrod and I are making plans to hit up a place that another THP member mentioned. It's a couple hour drive, but it has outdoor heated stalls and a simulator. We have our indoor dome, but we want to see a little more ball flight and get some sort of a guage on distance.

Glad you got to get out and swing the wrenches ddec! You know without a doubt that these irons will be showing up this week while myself, SethO and Hanks will be away from home. Oh well, as long as JB gets his set we can check em out!

I'm still thinking next week is the week! But I'd imagine you guys will get to see them this week down in Orlando

If you keep saying next week enough, eventually you'll be right!

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

900 posts and no irons, Im excited for you guys!

If you keep saying next week enough, eventually you'll be right!

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

This is exactly why we did not want to announce who would be testing, what irons, and when. I guess from now on, we will just announce it when they ship. We know people are excited but rather than talk about the excitement of the irons that they will be testing, we have 50 pages of "are they here yet". I know everybody is on edge and wants to receive them and begin the testing for the people, but lets remember that this is about the testing.

And when they come....Lets PLEASE not have 15 pages of posts saying "yes they finally arrived". Thanks for understanding everybody.

Well, hello there. Would you like to come stay in my bag for awhile? hehehehe. Oooooh, these are pretty!

x2_453ec6a

Well, hello there. Would you like to come stay in my bag for awhile? hehehehe. Oooooh, these are pretty!

Gees the S3's just landed and theyre already being replaced. Life is short in Hawks bag!

Gees the S3's just landed and theyre already being replaced. Life is short in Hawks bag!

I'm in an open relationship, bro. I have room for CB's and S3's in my bag.

I have mine

Kidding!

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Although I can agree with most of the points you make, the one part about being chosen for THP is the excitement. If this were clouding the "Taylormade 2011 Tour Preferred Iron Review Thread" I would understand. I dont see this as a product thread, but a process thread. Sure its a bit of a buzzkill that they havent received them yet, but everyone understands and no one is severely disappointed. I know what separates THP from a ton of other forums is organization of information, and I can understand it being a little much from the people saying "i wonder if theyre coming this week", but its the excitement from being selected to test irons for THP. Just MHO and feel free to disagree.

I agree though, Im a little shocked that you announced that early when they wouldnt be shipping until this late.

This is exactly why we did not want to announce who would be testing, what irons, and when. I guess from now on, we will just announce it when they ship. We know people are excited but rather than talk about the excitement of the irons that they will be testing, we have 50 pages of "are they here yet". I know everybody is on edge and wants to receive them and begin the testing for the people, but lets remember that this is about the testing.

And when they come....Lets PLEASE not have 15 pages of posts saying "yes they finally arrived". Thanks for understanding everybody.

did anyone get to hit these at the PGA show?

Pretty jealous....they look fantastic.

yeah the pictures THP took of them from the show look great. Makes you want them even more now. Interested to find out with JB, SethO, P4B, or Hanks took a swing with them

yeah the pictures THP took of them from the show look great. Makes you want them even more now. Interested to find out with JB, SethO, P4B, or Hanks took a swing with them

We didn't get the chance to hit anything, we were too busy running around bringing coverage. I wanted to hit them so badly though.

Just got word from TM that there has been a delay (obviously) and that they are building sets over the next week or so and when everything is completed they will send out all 10 sets to the users. We will notify everybody when the sets begin shipping.

Just got word from TM that there has been a delay (obviously) and that they are building sets over the next week or so and when everything is completed they will send out all 10 sets to the users. We will notify everybody when the sets begin shipping.

Happy day! I absolutely cannot wait for these bad boys to get here! One iron to rule them all!

no but I got to look at them up close REAL good....loved the looks of the CB and MC but wasn't a big fan of the MB's for some reason. I guess I'm not that serious of a golfer to appreciate a beautiful blade. I'm curious to see how glare is dealt with because these were sure shiny. Might be an adjustment period since the last 2 irons sets I've used (x24 hot and Burner 2.0) have both been a darker finish

Awesome, really looking forward to seeing which set arrives on my doorstep

Good to hear. I'm ready to see what these guys have to offer.

Edit to say thanks for letting us know, JB.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

no but I got to look at them up close REAL good....loved the looks of the CB and MC but wasn't a big fan of the MB's for some reason. I guess I'm not that serious of a golfer to appreciate a beautiful blade. I'm curious to see how glare is dealt with because these were sure shiny. Might be an adjustment period since the last 2 irons sets I've used (x24 hot and Burner 2.0) have both been a darker finish.

Did you get a chance to look at them at address during the show? The CB's sure are shiny, but they usually dull the topline to avoid that. To memory, I only looked at the MC's at address during the show and I don't think it will be a problem with that particular iron.

I did actually as I figured that might be the last chance I get to see them in person for awhile. I thought the CB's rear showed a little bit in the lower irons where it reflected a bit.

Did you get a chance to look at them at address during the show? The CB's sure are shiny, but they usually dull the topline to avoid that. To memory, I only looked at the MC's at address during the show and I don't think it will be a problem with that particular iron.

I cant wait for you dudes to get these. Well at least Hanks. :alien:

Back