Texas Get Together

I was trying to join the group but i cant. not sure why. ALso it wont let me reply.
I'll reply over there with your name so you're on the list 'til we can figure out why you can't.

Hummm, sicne its a public group I'm not quite sure why you can't join. I'll look at the settings for it.

Dubon did you figure out how to join the group?

I'm very excited about this BTW :blob::banana::D:bananadance:

We have had a couple more new Texas peeps join THP recently....we need to remember to steer them to the group

Anyone else want to get in on this action before we start getting $ numbers? I'd like to get something squared away b/c the farther ahead I plan something the easier the wife takes it :angel:

Heading to Horseshoe on Friday for the weekend. I'll try and get the tournament directors contact he used.

Deal is only good for 2.5 more days. Probably not enough time for a decision to be made. 1 night and 2 rounds of golf.B

BARTON CREEK

http://www.idealgolfer.com/deal/dallasfort-worth/barton-creek-golf-resort-stay-play-NovDFW

Hotel Stay Valid ANY Day, Including Weekends! (subject to availability)
Golf Valid Monday-Friday anytime & Saturday-Sunday after 12 PM
First Redemption Date: 11-27-2011
Final expiration: 2-29-2012

Play is on Crenshaw Cliffside course or Palmer Lakeside course
Certificate covers TWO PEOPLE

Not valid on holidays; Blackout Dates 12/27-12/29
Certificate cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, leagues or events
Not valid on previously made reservations or tee times
*Coupon covers one room w/double occupancy stay and 2 rounds of golf, can be used as a twosome or as two single, separate rounds.

*Price includes: Overnight stay for two at hotel (12% resort fee & 6% taxes will be assessed on the $195 package price for use of all resort facilities), two rounds of golf* with cart.

Deal is only good for 2.5 more days. Probably not enough time for a decision to be made. 1 night and 2 rounds of golf.B

BARTON CREEK

http://www.idealgolfer.com/deal/dallasfort-worth/barton-creek-golf-resort-stay-play-NovDFW

Hotel Stay Valid ANY Day, Including Weekends! (subject to availability)
Golf Valid Monday-Friday anytime & Saturday-Sunday after 12 PM
First Redemption Date: 11-27-2011
Final expiration: 2-29-2012

Play is on Crenshaw Cliffside course or Palmer Lakeside course
Certificate covers TWO PEOPLE

Not valid on holidays; Blackout Dates 12/27-12/29
Certificate cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, leagues or events
Not valid on previously made reservations or tee times
*Coupon covers one room w/double occupancy stay and 2 rounds of golf, can be used as a twosome or as two single, separate rounds.

*Price includes: Overnight stay for two at hotel (12% resort fee & 6% taxes will be assessed on the $195 package price for use of all resort facilities), two rounds of golf* with cart.
I think everybody was thinkin' March

I think everybody was thinkin' March

I would agree when I think about the weather issues we had at the end of January/beginning of February this year. March is a bit safer.

Hey Gang,

Was just alerted that Horseshoe Bay is running a deal for the 'winter' months of a $129 a night where you can play all day the day you arrive and then all day the next day. So basically, at least 2 rounds and then some more depending on when the 1st tee time is. This rate is also for a single room. I know we were looking at March, but the $$$ goes up almost double by March 1st. Come Jan/Feb, if we can start eyeballing about 10 days out and looks like decent weather (central TX, shouldn't be hard to get) might be an option. Just FYI.

That's a great deal Nate. I would be in for that.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Late February would be ideal golf weather here also. Most days in the high 70's low 80's. Hopefully this works for most interested.

Thought this would be a good place for Texas area THP'ers to come and post things from time to time about area golf courses, merchandise or maybe one day a Texas THP get together. I know with all the Morgan Cup talk over this last year, I've caught a post here and there from people asking, "We want a Morgan Cup in California or what about in Texas". Nothing will replace the Morgan Cup (nor should it) but might be cool one day to get together somewhere in our great state for a day or a weekend bash. Well, before any of that happens we have to find out who on this board is living in Texas!

I live up in Frisco (soon to be Prosper) for the last 14 years, just north of the Plano area. Grew up in Georgetown (north of Austin) and have played golf since I was 12. I've got 3 kiddos now so don't get out as much as I would like but try and get out at least once a week. I play out of Eldorado Country Club, in McKinney now but have played almost every golf course in the North Dallas area.

Let's hear from the rest of you Texas crew!

Just found this forum, and thought I would chime in. When I read your profile thought it was my own. I also live in Frisco, have 3 kids, and a member of Eldorado. My index is not quite as good as yours, but I am working on it! Hopefully I can bump into you out there sometime.

No way Big Tex! Welcome to the site and honored that your first post is in the Texas Get Together forum. Jump into the Check in Desk and introduce yourself to everyone. Great site and tons of golf knowledge and advise. Take a look at this video I did for the Morgan Cup and let me know if you can tell what holes they were done on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgnQibM51o

Gonna send you a PM in a bit so check your message indicator up on the top right of the screen. Glad to have ya!

Great Video Nate!

I am in Allen, and will be down for what ever everyone decides on.

Hey Nate, nice video. My daughter would really love those pink golf balls, it will go with the rest of her gear! My guess is #2 for the tee shot and #3 for the shot on the green. Always aim at the corner tree where it starts the dogleg back to the right on my tee shot on #2. Thought at first the green shot was #6 because of the trees, but the slope of the green looks like it goes the wrong way. Did I win a sleeve of those balls? lol

Hey Nate, nice video. My daughter would really love those pink golf balls, it will go with the rest of her gear! My guess is #2 for the tee shot and #3 for the shot on the green. Always aim at the corner tree where it starts the dogleg back to the right on my tee shot on #2. Thought at first the green shot was #6 because of the trees, but the slope of the green looks like it goes the wrong way. Did I win a sleeve of those balls? lol
Ding Ding Ding....you know your course!

Great Video Nate!

I could probably throw a rock to your house from where I'm at! Most excellent and welcome to the site as well. Might have to get a Dallas Get Together done as well! First things first...........

Glad to have you on THP BigTex...as Nate said...find your way to the checkin desk and introduce yourself...you will find everybody is very friendly around here!

So has a date been set yet for a Texas Get together? I didn't read through all of the posts...

So has a date been set yet for a Texas Get together? I didn't read through all of the posts...
Not as of yet.......probably wait till after the holidays and then revisit.

We are practically neighbors as well. Spent a bunch of time at Twin Creeks and Ridgeview Ranch before I joined Eldorado.

Great Video Nate!

I'm in Austin and would love to meet / play with you guys whether you come to central TX or do something in Dallas.

Horseshoe Bay and Barton Creek are both really good. I've also played a really good course called White Bluffs up near lake Whitney between Austin / DFW just west of Hillsboro.

Nice Shawn! There's been a group made for this outing so there's a count of who's going to be able to make it when it happens so add yourself to the group. The link's in one of the posts toward the front of this thread.

Nate where is the $129 deal for Horseshoe located? The best deal I can find is $198. I think the end of February would be a good time if that rate will be good till then.

Welcome BigTex!

Back