The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Can't wait to hear what Spurrier has to say.

It will be something about USCe beating the winners of this year's Fiesta, Cotton and Orange Bowl.

Not done yet.....word coming down is he's "thinking" about it. Can't make this stuff up.

Hmm...

Who is his agent?

If it's Sexton, Texas just got played.

I expect Strong to eventually take the Texas job, but he did play this game with Tennessee last year to get himself a raise.

When was the last time, if ever, did a big time tier 1 college head coach move from one program to another?

I couldn't think of one??!! It just doesn't happen in college football, or for that matter any of the big sports.

Anyone got someone?

It will be something about USCe beating the winners of this year's Fiesta, Cotton and Orange Bowl.

If they just beat Tennessee this year, they would have been in a BCS bowl.

Shame, really. But, at least Spurrier will be funny.

When was the last time, if ever, did a big time tier 1 college head coach move from one program to another?

I couldn't think of one??!! It just doesn't happen in college football, or for that matter any of the big sports.

Anyone got someone?

Meyer from UF to OSU?

He sat out between moves.

Nick Saban went LSU, Miami Dolphins and then Alabama, but I think he's asking big school to big school.

No recruiting trip like national television dude

It surprised me a little that Dabo got his sales pitch in as strongly as he did, but I am glad he did it too.

Spurrier is tough competition, and he has done a great job. And, I am a Clemson grad and die-hard Redskin fan, but I'll give him credit for what he has done at USC.

Anyone got someone?

This one is more based on reputation of the schools, but Lane Kiffin from Tennessee to Southern Cal.

Anyone got someone?

Saban from MSU to LSU and Mack Brown from UNC to Texas, are the only ones remotely close that I can think of.

Congrats To Clemson on a big win last night. I can't believe tOSU even kept it close with literally more than 1/3rd of their starting defense either injured or suspended. My only wish this offseason is to see Fickell replaced. He was outcoached nearly every game, was terrible on making adjustments, and generally sucked.

Clemson literally ran the same 3 played to Watkins the entire game and between absolutely terrible schemes and no tackling he torched them.

I appreciate Boyd giving us a chance in the end but Miller must have felt sorry for him or something.

Congrats To Clemson on a big win last night. I can't believe tOSU even kept it close with literally more than 1/3rd of their starting defense either injured or suspended. My only wish this offseason is to see Fickell replaced. He was outcoached nearly every game, was terrible on making adjustments, and generally sucked.

Clemson literally ran the same 3 played to Watkins the entire game and between absolutely terrible schemes and no tackling he torched them.

I appreciate Boyd giving us a chance in the end but Miller must have felt sorry for him or something.

Fickell made no adjustments whatsoever. No reason we score that many and lose. For crying out loud 80% of their passes were screens. ..u have to be able to stop that. Defense was just toxic.

Got to figure James Franklin isn't long for Vandy. Where does he go next? Louisville, Miami?

Fickell made no adjustments whatsoever. No reason we score that many and lose. For crying out loud 80% of their passes were screens. ..u have to be able to stop that. Defense was just toxic.

Like I said I was honestly expecting worse. The defense is a complete joke. The good news is Withers is gone and hopefuly Fickell will be next. Only person worth a damn on the entire defensive staff is Vrabel.

I was really hoping Muchamp would be fired.

What a great play design on that TD. 7-0 Vanderbilt. Not much interest in this game for me, just hop it's competitive to keep me interested until the NFL games later.

Like I said I was honestly expecting worse. The defense is a complete joke. The good news is Withers is gone and hopefuly Fickell will be next. Only person worth a damn on the entire defensive staff is Vrabel.

I was really hoping Muchamp would be fired.

Yeah somethings gotta change...who knows how things would have fared if we had roby and Spence too...but alas I guess that's part of the game...just stings a bit

Got to figure James Franklin isn't long for Vandy. Where does he go next? Louisville, Miami?

He would be a monster at the U IMO.

My suspicion is that Clemson had another play downfield ready if/when OSU adjusted to the outside screen. That's been their scheme on offense this season.

It was a fun game to watch, outcome notwithstanding.

Meyer from UF to OSU?

He sat out between moves.

Thought that too but he quit the school due to health reasons and sat out the year. He didn't move straight from one big program to the other right away.

Nick Saban went LSU, Miami Dolphins and then Alabama, but I think he's asking big school to big school.

Yea, he went from one league to another so not going to count that.

This one is more based on reputation of the schools, but Lane Kiffin from Tennessee to Southern Cal.

Lane is the closest I can think of but was he ever a Tier 1 coach?

Saban from MSU to LSU and Mack Brown from UNC to Texas, are the only ones remotely close that I can think of.

Was Saban considered a tier 1 coach at that time? I know Mack wasn't a tier 1 coach when Texas got him. There were a lot of folks that didn't understand the hire.

My suspicion is that Clemson had another play downfield ready if/when OSU adjusted to the outside screen. That's been their scheme on offense this season.

It was a fun game to watch, outcome notwithstanding.

Yeah but the probability of a completion down field is half if not less than the almost guaranteed completion and yardage with the screens

And yes it was entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back