The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say 2 years?
Look at the recent trend in coaching hires and fires I could see it only being two years especially like you mention the boosters with the big money didn't want him. I could be wrong and he could get three years, but with the talent in Texas I think they are looking for instant success.

Looks like a few reports coming out that Louisville matched the offer from Texas but that Strong declined. Boy, that would have been a shot to the Texas ego if it went another way.
I can't believe Louisville had that kind of scratch!

If Louisville was smart, they would put their focus solely on hiring Chad Morris. But, I see that as just a stepping stone for him if he were to go there

That is why I think you could give Petrino a shot again this is going to be a stepping stone for any coach who goes there probably. I know Jurich has pumped a lot of money into football at Louisville, but it still doesn't draw as well as other football programs that are not even as good as Louisville.

Look at the recent trend in coaching hires and fires I could see it only being two years especially like you mention the boosters with the big money didn't want him. I could be wrong and he could get three years, but with the talent in Texas I think they are looking for instant success.

Texas has BIG TIME QB issues right now and thats because of Mack's philosophy of putting all his eggs into one 4/5 star QB every so many years. That was Macks undoing in the end. Look at all the bowl games with Texas HS QB's playing on other teams and this happened year end and year out for the last 5 years. I think they give Strong time to get that ship corrected. This isn't a quick fix. Luckily, he has the Bridgewater tie so maybe he can stir up some interest with some players that can play the QB position again.

Also worth noting, even in the low time of Texas football McWilliams and Mackovic both had 4 and 5 years in the program respectively. They will give him time.

Doesn't Pitino make like $4 Million a year? They got it.

Good point. I've never thought of them as a big time player.

I still think the Big XII should've brought Louisville in, if they don't move back to 12 teams and a conference championship the league is done in 4 years IMO.

Texas has BIG TIME QB issues right now and thats because of Mack's philosophy of putting all his eggs into one 4/5 star QB every so many years. That was Macks undoing in the end. Look at all the bowl games with Texas HS QB's playing on other teams and this happened year end and year out for the last 5 years. I think they give Strong time to get that ship corrected. This isn't a quick fix. Luckily, he has the Bridgewater tie so maybe he can stir up some interest with some players that can play the QB position again.

Also worth noting, even in the low time of Texas football McWilliams and Mackovic both had 4 and 5 years in the program respectively. They will give him time.

Very true, but with a new AD new ideas come in. They really need a new quarterback for sure and in Texas I would think they could have someone running the offense by his second year. I will move my previous statement to three years, but if he doesn't make the playoffs by year three maybe four he will be gone. I'm just not a fan of this hire I think Franklin would of been better. I am also surprised that Strong didn't wait to go after the Florida job next year if they get rid of Muschcamp.

You really think they want to go back down the path with Petrino again? Dude gave them the shaft last time.

I can't think of any circumstance where they would hire that dummy again.

24-hours before the big game.

I can't get a feel for the game. It's either going to be close or an FSU blowout I think. As much as I love my team, I can't come up with any statistical justification for a large victory by Auburn. But hey, 1-point is all it takes….

Louisville has a few big money boosters...namely Papa John of pizza fame

The Louisville boosters that make bourbon and own race horses are pretty strong too.

I had no idea he was a booster there!

I had to look it up, but he's not a UofL alum, but their stadium is Papa John's Cardinal Stadium and he has donated millions, not just for the naming rights. Papa Johns is HQed in Louisville also.

This quote is classic from Strong. This was after he turned down Tennessee last year.

"I think about the University of Louisville and [athletic director] Tom Jurich and our president, Dr. [James R.] Ramsey, they gave me the first opportunity and it's all about loyalty," Strong said."And a lot of times when you have a little success, everybody starts saying, 'Hey, let's go try to go hire this guy away.' But because of them giving me my first opportunity, it's hard to say and walk away and then for the players that I recruited there, you know, talked to them about trust, talk to them about commitment.
"And a lot of times I tell those players that a lot of people have walked out of their life. Now all of a sudden here I am the head football coach, I'm going to walk away from them, who will they ever trust. I couldn't do it to that university. I couldn't do it to that group of players."

These guys shouldn't even talk. They should just say yes or no because then they look like fools.

24-hours before the big game.

I can't get a feel for the game. It's either going to be close or an FSU blowout I think. As much as I love my team, I can't come up with any statistical justification for a large victory by Auburn. But hey, 1-point is all it takes….

I will be anxious all day tomorrow.

I will be pulling hard for the Noles, but AU just seems to have fate on their side this year.

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

Almost Godaddy time!

pyby8yjy.jpg

uqu9yny2.jpg

A-State 23

Ball State 20

Back to Back GoDaddy Champs

Back to Back to Back Sun Belt Champs

Question for Donne and the other Bama fans:

Do you cheer for Auburn to win tonight?

Which wins out -- cheering for conference or sheer dislike for your rival?

I will be anxious all day tomorrow.

You and War both will be jacked up today! :blob: I'm looking forward to the game as I'm thinking it will be a close battle. :deadhorse::stickbeat::starwars:

Better mascot = FSU
Better band = FSU
Better lookin co-eds = FSU
Better hope for a running clock in the second half = Auburn

;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389015260.797140.jpg

I'm for the Noles. I've always liked both FSU and Auburn and have friends that are alum from each school. I was a fan of FSU back in the '90's when they weren't playing GT. And I really want a conference other than the SEC to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back