EXPERIENCE The 2024 Finale with UST Mamiya

Well,
We are just a few days away from Shaft Up #1 and I can say someone could/should get their ticket punched by following along and getting involved in the live update thread.
No riddles, no trees and roots. No curveballs, just straight heat coming down the tube!

No riddles, no trees and roots. No curveballs, just straight heat coming down the tube!
You know this.
Simple instructions for people that want to have a trip to remember forever

You know this.
Simple instructions for people that want to have a trip to remember forever
There is a clue in here somewhere

I can’t wait to reshaft these irons to UST Mamiya goodness, and Shaft up 1 is coming!!

The Dart 105 F5 today per Danny's recommendation today felt really good. The Finale event will be something special.

I need to look into some Dart Vs for my ZX5 irons, leaning toward the 120 F4s

The Dart 105 F5 today per Danny's recommendation today felt really good. The Finale event will be something special.
He knows a thing or two about a thing or two. I probably should have went Dart, but my heart wanted Dart V. So I went Dart V.

He knows a thing or two about a thing or two. I probably should have went Dart, but my heart wanted Dart V. So I went Dart V.
What are the key differences between the two?

What are the key differences between the two?
I believe the Dart V have M40X technology and less torque. I’m assuming that will give me a stiffer feel in the tip without feeling boardy. I think the Dart would be most similar to what I play not with the Recoil 780, but I wanted to try something new.

I need to look into some Dart Vs for my ZX5 irons, leaning toward the 120 F4s
I’m really impressed by the Dart V 120s. I like them a lot more than the Recoil Dart and Recoil Proto shafts. Really holds up to my aggressive swing and I didn’t loose club head speed going heavier.

I’m really impressed by the Dart V 120s. I like them a lot more than the Recoil Dart and Recoil Proto shafts. Really holds up to my aggressive swing and I didn’t loose club head speed going heavier.
I’m interested to hear your thoughts long term. I used to play 120, then went to 105. I know Danny and JB have been advocating for lighter shafts in general, and I was told to play as light as I could back at the Graphite Challenge. I considered going 90, but the weight of the 105 helps me shallow a bit.

I’m interested to hear your thoughts long term. I used to play 120, then went to 105. I know Danny and JB have been advocating for lighter shafts in general, and I was told to play as light as I could back at the Graphite Challenge. I considered going 90, but the weight of the 105 helps me shallow a bit.
I’ve played lightweight graphite for 2 years now, with limited success. It’s harder to feel where the club head is during the swing. Also, it’s a lot less efficient for me personally. The heavier weight helps my swing so much and I really didn’t lose club head speed. The last three fittings I’ve done confirmed I need heavier, stiffer, and shorter shafts.

I’ve played lightweight graphite for 2 years now, with limited success. It’s harder to feel where the club head is during the swing. Also, it’s a lot less efficient for me personally. The heavier weight helps my swing so much and I really didn’t lose club head speed. The last three fittings I’ve done confirmed I need heavier, stiffer, and shorter shafts.
I get it. I just got tired playing them for 18 and my swing would struggle. I really hard a hard time playing 36 in one day. With the 105s I can play all day.

I have to ask, if the shaft is lighter, wouldn’t it be easier to find the club head being as it will feel head heavy?

I have to ask, if the shaft is lighter, wouldn’t it be easier to find the club head being as it will feel head heavy?
You know, conventional wisdom would say yes, but not really for me. With the heavier shafts, it just feels like an extension of the shaft. I know where the shaft is, so I know where the head is. (No context THP look out.) With the lighter shafts, I loose where everything is. Plus, I’m less likely to over swing with the heavier shafts.

Depends. All things being equal. A lighter shaft will result in a lighter swing weight right?

You know, conventional wisdom would say yes, but not really for me. With the heavier shafts, it just feels like an extension of the shaft. I know where the shaft is, so I know where the head is. (No context THP look out.) With the lighter shafts, I loose where everything is. Plus, I’m less likely to over swing with the heavier shafts.
Are you saying 120 gram shafts are too light? Compared to 130 grams that is the difference of 2 sheets of paper.. I am not sure I consider 120 grams “light”. 100 or 105.. yeah. Getting there.

Its an absolute game changer. I never would have believed it if I hadn't put one in my putter. Speed control is far superior. My last 17 rounds I'm at 94% 2 putts or better, and some of those two putts are long.

Same. When I first got it I liked it, but I was a bit skeptical as to how much difference it could possibly make. Well now several years later, the answer is a huge difference.
Jman had me firmly on the fence, you guys pushed me over.

Depends. All things being equal. A lighter shaft will result in a lighter swing weight right?
Yes but that is including grip into the equation. If it’s just lighter shaft losing the head it just seems odd to me.

Are you saying 120 gram shafts are too light? Compared to 130 grams that is the difference of 2 sheets of paper.. I am not sure I consider 120 grams “light”. 100 or 105.. yeah. Getting there.
So 3-4 sheets of paper?

So 3-4 sheets of paper?
6’ish but Yep. lol. It’s funny to put it in context like that. But the golf brain is a wild thing..

My stock shafts are 60 grams. I’m moving into 120 gram shafts.

Back