LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

well. If they start selling more and more. You would think they would jump in sr some point if they feel it is needed to sell wedges.
I just asked the Titleist guys and they said it's been discussed and isn't happening any time soon (for multiple reasons but Bob won't allow it even if approved otherwise). However they feel they have enough tech in their wedges that it's not needed. They also want the traditional classic look.

Last thing I'll add from Aaron (who was extremely jet lagged this morning and having to deal with a chatty stranger)...I was hitting the fitted Vokeys so well that I joked with him that I needed the Vokey Driver...to which he first said that would be the classic 975D, and then later reminded me that they had hooked me up with a Titleist fitter near me that could totally help me out with that. 😀

Really enjoyed asking him questions before we got into the bigger group tonight.

This question may be a bit tongue in cheek, but since I rode with Aaron Luttrell (Product Manager for Vokey) all day, I did ask him since someone on the forum had asked.

He said they had no intention because they like to use center grooves for the visual for lining up your shot and additionally, for most golfers, of they hit out on the toe, they are already hitting the ball shorter than they meant to, so adding spin out there would only cause the overall shot to be even shorter.

I also asked about cavity back wedges, and he implied Vokey would probably not play in that area either because their efforts to move center of gravity would be hampered by not having that space to design around.
What about people that purposely hit chip shots from the toe? You can decrease efficiency to hit it with more club speed and increase spin on shorter shots.

Question: any chance for a CB wedge?

Does the wedge department have any say in the designs of the PW and GW of the irons?

Starting from complete scratch how long does it take to fully design and test a product?

See below 😀

This question may be a bit tongue in cheek, but since I rode with Aaron Luttrell (Product Manager for Vokey) all day, I did ask him since someone on the forum had asked.

He said they had no intention because they like to use center grooves for the visual for lining up your shot and additionally, for most golfers, of they hit out on the toe, they are already hitting the ball shorter than they meant to, so adding spin out there would only cause the overall shot to be even shorter.

I also asked about cavity back wedges, and he implied Vokey would probably not play in that area either because their efforts to move center of gravity would be hampered by not having that space to design around.

What about people that purposely hit chip shots from the toe? You can decrease efficiency to hit it with more club speed and increase spin on shorter shots.

I can't speak to that particular use, but didn't sound like something they thought they needed to incorporate for now at least.

Looks like a small target. Where's the dang pin?
The green on 10 is HUGELY wide. The pin was far right. I think I hit driver, 6 iron and then a wedge onto the green. Malcolm likely reached it in two. He can generate some speed.

I like the answer. It's honest. Let others do that and we'll stick to what we do best.

Well that answers that. I figured high toe would have more weight, so it wouldn’t be a high whiff haha

Thanks for the pics today guys. Looked beautiful out there. Looking forward to food pics and surprises tonight!!

Great ask and answer.

Question: if a THPer's ball is on the green near the hole and another THPer's tee ball hits said ball and causes it to drop in the cup are you counting it?
Of course!!

I can't wait to find out what Virginia BBQ actually is.

Question: any chance for a CB wedge?

Does the wedge department have any say in the designs of the PW and GW of the irons?

Starting from complete scratch how long does it take to fully design and test a product?
A few quick answers from Titleist.

No on CB - anything greater than 52* it doesn't actually help in most situations.

Yes on helping with set PW's. More of a recent assistance but they are combining tech.

New club time frame is long, up to 6+ years. For example on of the Titleist guys tested the first prototype for the SM12 in Octiber 2022.

With the emergence of graphite shafts and some different bend points/weights/and other possibilities, does this play into the design of wedge weight/hosel length?

I just asked the Titleist guys and they said it's been discussed and isn't happening any time soon (for multiple reasons but Bob won't allow it even if approved otherwise). However they feel they have enough tech in their wedges that it's not needed. They also want the traditional classic look.
I agree with Bob 😎👍🏼

Thanks for asking the guys and providing the answers guys! Vokey has a distinct brand they seem to be really interested and committed to keeping.

it’s shower beer time!

IMG_9106.jpeg

Visible tech such as weights… certain companies do this for function and also a talking point…. If Vokey started doing this how much more difficult would product design and manufacturing become?

Back