The Biking Thread

My whole family rides. Distances are not long because 2 year olds don't exactly have a lot of stamina.

I have a Giant, wife has a Trek (or maybe it's Specialized - sold one bought one), 4 year old has a paw patrol huffy style and my 2 year old has a balance bike. Also have 2 different wagons to attach to the bikes.

It's a great way to get out.

I do need a good recommendation on a car carrier for a highlander though, current one works on the car but not on the bigger vehicle.

My whole family rides. Distances are not long because 2 year olds don't exactly have a lot of stamina.

I have a Giant, wife has a Trek (or maybe it's Specialized - sold one bought one), 4 year old has a paw patrol huffy style and my 2 year old has a balance bike. Also have 2 different wagons to attach to the bikes.

It's a great way to get out.

I do need a good recommendation on a car carrier for a highlander though, current one works on the car but not on the bigger vehicle.
Hitch mounted rack or hatch style mount?

I'm stuck at 8.6 miles in 30 minutes. Trying to get to 10 miles in 30 minutes. I'm blaming the bike. It is made for 5'7" to 5'9" and I'm 6'3". I think that I'm fighting the bike and not working with the bike

I'm stuck at 8.6 miles in 30 minutes. Trying to get to 10 miles in 30 minutes. I'm blaming the bike. It is made for 5'7" to 5'9" and I'm 6'3". I think that I'm fighting the bike and not working with the bike
With a bike that small, you arent going to get the proper leg extension to get an efficient pedal stroke to get that speed. If anything, riding too low of a seat, eventually you are going to have some serious knee pain.

You are using your joints and not your muscles.

If the weather isn't too bad, I think a bike ride will be happening later this afternoon.
Same. Hoping the afternoon showers hold off and I can get a ride in. Brought my bike to work, as the bike trail runs right behind the new office.

Anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable seat/seat cover? That seems to be my biggest struggle right now with the longer rides. I got one from amazon and it helped, but I can already tell it's not going to be a long term solution.
I definitely recommend padded shorts...

After many years of trying I finally got my wife into biking. She now rides 12 miles on a nature trail in our neighborhood, five times a week. Of course when she started she complained about the saddle/seat so I did get her something a little wider than stock. I've since supplied here with padded shorts, MTB as well as true biking shorts. They're very inexpensive and made her rides much more enjoyable.

IMG_0310.jpeg

snapped a quick photo of my bikes in their restingposition in the garage.
It’s also bike day at pre school so that’sa fun day!

It was pretty hot out there but I got a just over 7 mile ride in this afternoon. I am just loving this so much! :cool:
Currently 111° here, I might give it another month or so. :LOL:

I see some extra electrolytes in my day today, that was a really long ride in those temps, my legs were feeling it all night last night.

I see some extra electrolytes in my day today, that was a really long ride in those temps, my legs were feeling it all night last night.
Do you have those leg massagers from Theragun by chance? Grab those and a bottle of LMNT and set yourself up for some forum browsing.

Do you have those leg massagers from Theragun by chance? Grab those and a bottle of LMNT and set yourself up for some forum browsing.

That's a great idea, I will definitely use those. Funny you say that about LMNT, I actually ordered some and it's being delivered today. 😂

That's a great idea, I will definitely use those. Funny you say that about LMNT, I actually ordered some and it's being delivered today. 😂
It's delicious!

I've changed my mind on the sugar free peach Liquid IV - it's far to sweet for me but the LMNT's have been my go-to for a bit now, great flavors. I still have a 50 or something varied packets of IV, but I've been back and forth on them more and more since I've been cutting down my sugar to get yoked.

I’m addicted to the salted watermelon LMNT. Drink it daily.

I just added this to my Ridgeline so we can truck the bikes to the trail heads. Now we just need to get out and ride again since moving.

20230805_101443.jpg

20230805_101555.jpg

Back