The Biking Thread

I’m not going to lie, I rode with the electric on 1 for a lot of this, but at the hardest gear at least. My legs are toast and it’s a billion degrees out there, and I did a leg workout this morning before the ride, but I still got a ride in.

IMG_2444.jpeg

IMG_2445.png

Last edited:
It's delicious!

I've changed my mind on the sugar free peach Liquid IV - it's far to sweet for me but the LMNT's have been my go-to for a bit now, great flavors. I still have a 50 or something varied packets of IV, but I've been back and forth on them more and more since I've been cutting down my sugar to get yoked.

I’m addicted to the salted watermelon LMNT. Drink it daily.

The watermelon is great! And after that ride today and a leg workout, my legs are going to thank me. :)

I’m not going to lie, I rode with the electric on 1 for a lot of this, but at the hardest gear at least. My legs are toast and it’s a billion degrees out there, and I did a leg workout this morning before the ride, but I still got a ride in.

View attachment 9197688

View attachment 9197689
Even with the assist on the first setting, riding in the hardest gear AND it's a 55lb bike, THAT is some WORK! Great ride!

Even with the assist on the first setting, riding in the hardest gear AND it's a 55lb bike, THAT is some WORK! Great ride!

Thanks! The feels like 106* outside really didn’t help either, I think my sweat had sweat haha, but I was jamming out to some music and still just loving be out there. If time, weather, and my body allowed, I could go on a ride every day.

Thanks! The feels like 106* outside really didn’t help either, I think my sweat had sweat haha, but I was jamming out to some music and still just loving be out there. If time, weather, and my body allowed, I could go on a ride every day.
There's something about getting on a bike that makes me feel like a kid again, love the feeling.

I posted about this elsewhere but I'll put it here too. I'm looking for help with my MTB rear brake.

My 2022 Trek Roscoe 7 rear brake isn't as firm as it used to be. 2 Friday's ago I was out riding and noticed it wasn't engaging like the front brake was. The brake lever went to the bar and the brake felt like it wasn't applying much. I googled this and everything pointed to "brake lever bleed".

I did the brake lever bleed. 3 times now. And it's not improving. (I lifted the bike on my stand so the lever reservoir was higher than the hose and caliper. And level.
I tapped the brake line to move air to the reservoir if there was any.
I only noticed a couple of bubbles come out of this.

I've bled the rear caliper as well.

I've taken the pads off and scrubbed them on a sanding disc to deglaze them.

I'm almost thinking the caliper may be leaking internally? I don't want to put it into the bike shop because then I can't ride it but, short of replacing the caliper with something else I'm not sure what else to do.

Suggestions?

I posted about this elsewhere but I'll put it here too. I'm looking for help with my MTB rear brake.

My 2022 Trek Roscoe 7 rear brake isn't as firm as it used to be. 2 Friday's ago I was out riding and noticed it wasn't engaging like the front brake was. The brake lever went to the bar and the brake felt like it wasn't applying much. I googled this and everything pointed to "brake lever bleed".

I did the brake lever bleed. 3 times now. And it's not improving. (I lifted the bike on my stand so the lever reservoir was higher than the hose and caliper. And level.
I tapped the brake line to move air to the reservoir if there was any.
I only noticed a couple of bubbles come out of this.

I've bled the rear caliper as well.

I've taken the pads off and scrubbed them on a sanding disc to deglaze them.

I'm almost thinking the caliper may be leaking internally? I don't want to put it into the bike shop because then I can't ride it but, short of replacing the caliper with something else I'm not sure what else to do.

Suggestions?
I replied to you in your thread for it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable seat/seat cover? That seems to be my biggest struggle right now with the longer rides. I got one from amazon and it helped, but I can already tell it's not going to be a long term solution.
Selle Royale makes some great seats. My wife loves hers.

got back into mountain biking during covid I now have a Fezzari bike and hit up the local trails

bike2.jpg

ride.png

Got in a ride on my Mountain Bike this evening around town. Overcast so the sun didn’t kill me. Had two bottles with LMNT salted watermelon in them and finished them both!

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpeg
    IMG_1958.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 4
Wanted to ride this weekend but didn't get around to it. Too hot, and at the time I was going to go had just eaten lunch so didn't go. Next week though I will.

always be careful out there. In early June I hacked up my leg really good on a branch

Had a great 16.32 mile ride today. I could have been out there all day today, the breeze was amazing.
It's actually felt great with the breeze when out on the bike this week. Rode the other night and it was almost, cool.

It's actually felt great with the breeze when out on the bike this week. Rode the other night and it was almost, cool.

I had company I town for over a week so I didn't get to ride, and I finally got out yesterday for a short one and then again today for the longer one and it felt so good. The breeze was fantastic both days, I bet later in the day it would almost feel cool. I felt like I could have been out there for hours. It's hard to put into words, but I just feel free. It's such a great way to clear my head, and just appreciate my surroundings.

Oh, and no one warned me about the weird quad tan you get from these rides haha. My quads are 10 times darker than any other part of my legs.
LOL. Yup, nothing quite like the odd tan you get when riding a bike. Quads, calves and feet, all different degrees of tan.

Oh, and no one warned me about the weird quad tan you get from these rides haha. My quads are 10 times darker than any other part of my legs.
So it isn't just golf that gives you a weird tan! :LOL:

I'd love to go for a ride today but it's 110 degrees. Think I'll hold off a bit longer.

heading out today for some MTBing

Back