The Extra 20 Yards

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I like simple but effective training aids, this one fits that description. As you mentioned the price seems to be a bit high, but who would not pay $400 for an extra 20 yards if they did not have to do the work? Set up seemed to be pretty straight forward and easy but I am concerned about using the hollow wall toggle bolts to secure the machine on a plaster wall, I would recommend at least 2 bolts be into a stud and the other 2 as toggles. Overall a great concept and great idea.

Eh, not for me. There are less expensive ways to gain yardage, better contact being most notable amongst these.

we all know the golf swing is very one sided so i would be a bit worried about becoming lop sided using this in isolation. need to ensure to incorporate this into a normal fitness regime IMO.

Interesting concept but I think that is a VERY steep price tag for something that is specific with extremely limited uses. Sounds kinda gimmicky to me....I mean when is the extra 20 yards coming? 2 weeks, 2 months?

I spent twice as much on one piece of workout equipment in my workout room and it could do something similar to this if I had the desire PLUS it does so much more.

I could see this working and have actually watched other people do a similar exercise on machines at the gym. Thanks for the info, GolferGal!

I did some excecises in the gym with a cablecross that were pretty similar to this. Used a regular pullbar.

I liked the exercise, its pretty simple and if you start out easy you won´t hurt yourself. This device is probably more efficient as it have a special handlebar.

As I mentioned in the review, the price is steep but look at how much money we spend on equipment to try and gain distance. This is no difference except you get a workout with it and it can help with all clubs, not just 1. I would love to see them drop it down but when you put it in perspective it's not that bad.

Has Biggsy tied 8 of those together as preparation for the Morgan Cup?

As I mentioned in the review, the price is steep but look at how much money we spend on equipment to try and gain distance. This is no difference except you get a workout with it and it can help with all clubs, not just 1. I would love to see them drop it down but when you put it in perspective it's not that bad.

I think it is actually fairly priced, as it looks like a quality piece of equipment. However, at that price, it is not for me.

I think it is actually fairly priced, as it looks like a quality piece of equipment. However, at that price, it is not for me.

The quality is definitely there. It's very study and I believe can last for years and years. I think people are looking at this as a severely overpriced training aid and forgetting the fitness aspect of it too. I am not trying to defend the company, because I would like to see the price come down a bit, but I think the price tag smacks people in the face and catches them off guard. When you really put it into perspective it's actually not that bad.

I also understand, someone of your age not considering something like that.

Actually, even if I was in a financial position that allowed me that kind of discretionary spending, it wouldn't be for me. But then again, power and swing speed is not my problem by a long shot, technique is.

The quality is definitely there. It's very study and I believe can last for years and years. I think people are looking at this as a severely overpriced training aid and forgetting the fitness aspect of it too. I am not trying to defend the company, because I would like to see the price come down a bit, but I think the price tag smacks people in the face and catches them off guard. When you really put it into perspective it's actually not that bad.

I also understand, someone of your age not considering something like that.

From the look of it isn't this something you could do on a simple cable machine?

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

It's because of that . That I have decided to take a second look.

Good review GG....the price tag is a little steep but if you have room for this it would be a good addition to the home. I could see this being used a lot in the winter months here in the NE to maintain that muscle memory.

I think this is a good point. Many people wouldn't think twice about spending $300-$400 on a driver that they felt would get them more yards. Interesting stuff.

Very interesting! Great review. Price point is very steep for basically a one and done type of machine.

From the look of it isn't this something you could do on a simple cable machine?

It would be like having a cable machine inside your house, but taking up far less space.

Good review GG....the price tag is a little steep but if you have room for this it would be a good addition to the home. I could see this being used a lot in the winter months here in the NE to maintain that muscle memory.

Good point Hanks.

I think this is a good point. Many people wouldn't think twice about spending $300-$400 on a driver that they felt would get them more yards. Interesting stuff.

Exactly!

Its not too pricy. Wives are too pricy. Zimmy should be all over this.

I like the concept, and lots of tour players do this exercise already. This should increase lag as well as increase muscle. I honestly doubt Id see a 20 yard gain though.

The simple cable drills on other machines wouldnt increase lag like this one would.

I like the idea of having a training aid like this. Whether or not the term muscle memory is legit to some, there is a lot to repetition and if this machine puts you in that position to keep doing the right things, $400 is not steep imo. I'd gladly pay that if I knew it would lead to more consistancy. I'd always have it there to use.

I think you could, but this is probably more efficient as the wire is further from your hands at the end of the stick, so to speak. Probably easier to connect the back of your front shoulder in this one. But I´m just guessing.

I just can't help but think that very similar results could be accomplished by simply using a Medicine Ball and doing side throws or the wood chop. I realize that you don't get the full muscle memory of the swing, but for a $350-$400 difference, it is a no brainer.

Great review GG, the price is fairly high as you said in the review, but most golfers spent $400 a year on a new driver to try and gain another 5-10 yards and this would add those yards to every club in the bag. I do think there are a lot of similar workouts you can do however with a theraband and a medicine ball.

Extra 20 yards might be nice for bragging rights but it doesn't guarantee you will drop any strokes.

I'd go for something like this especially for the winter workout, but the cost won't fit my current spot, lol. It looks pretty thought out and well designed, seems to make more sense than a new driver for around the same money.

Back