The Extra 20 Yards

This is something I am going to investigate further. Since both my wife and I golf, we can both use it and might justify the cost a little better. Sounds like it works as it is designed and I don’t know anyone who couldn’t use and extra bit of distance.

Great review GG. I can see how this would really help.

Now, would it knock the shake weight out of my exercise regime??

paulo there is no way. The shake weight is the ultimate in workout technology.

I am pretty sure the shake weight is meant for a very different type of physical activity. Though, like golf, is designed for a solo game. :D

I will have to agree with everyone on here. The price is too steep. I have been doing this workout at my gym for quite sometime and I only pay $10 a month for the gym. It seems like a totally opulent workout machine, good review though!

I find it expensive but then again I am intrigued. Does anyone know if golftown in Canada will carry this?

I think it will have a small niche market. As GolferGal stated, it seems like a small cable machine and takes up less space...and who cares if its only for golf, what's the point of all the other forms of exercise if it doesn't improve your game? lol.

When I build my golf cave I may just have to add it! I didn't notice any comparisons in the review to a weight that can be added to a club. Other than more resistance how is it different than a weight? I'm asking because I love swinging my I Gotcha Ready (I have the blue one) because it offers different positions on the club for release, stretching and warming up. Plus I can take it to the range or pre-round warmup.

Nice review though. Keep them coming!

Very interesting product, but since I'm on a budget, I'll have to stick with my speed sleeve.

I do the same thing in the gym. Very pricey for what you get.

Good review, GG. Price is a very real consideration. If it would come down in price, I would definitely look at it.

as a gym instructor i can think off the top of about 20-25 different exercises that can be done at home with that piece of equipment. chest back shoulders latts biceps triceps abs obliques and even forearms. dont short change this piece of equipment just because its only showing you one exercise.

great review GG

Great post. It is a great idea and concept but the only problem I have is that I've tried that exact same method of this exercise at my local gym and I dont like it. This machine does nothing for correct posture while in your backswing or release. The resistance you get from the weight can have a negative impact on how you actually swing the club and as a result the muscle memory can force the swing to become in a sense an out of control swing because you become use to forcing the club around your body. The price also seems to be a little on the expensive side as well.

After reading the review on this I decided to get one of these. It showed up yesterday. Pics to follow. I've opened it up but probably won't have time to mount it on the wall until the weekend.

That's cool to hear, Smalls! I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out for you and the Mrs.

After reading the review on this I decided to get one of these. It showed up yesterday. Pics to follow. I've opened it up but probably won't have time to mount it on the wall until the weekend.

Keep us up to date. I'd be really curious to see if it does add 20 yards say after 6 months.

Great review. I was just thinking out loud the other day with my wife that I should create a machine like this. It seems I have been beaten to the punch. May be checking this one out closer when the cool air of Fall settles in.

I took these pictures a few days ago, Charlie was interested about what's inside and wouldn't get out of the way!

f2c1fa35.jpg

cd4c2402.jpg

c2654ec5.jpg

I've had too much work going on to get it installed yet. Hopefully I will do that this weekend so I can start using it. Real work, unfortunately, comes before fun work!

If I spot a used one on ebay...i might snag it up. Thanks for the review.

I don't really think it's worth it considering a lot of machine can perform exercises very close to this. You'd be better off working on your flexibility anyway for distance.

Just re-installed this in our exercise room today. Forgot how much of a workout this gives you since it has been downstairs and not being used for the past few months. Now that it's upstairs it will be easier to use every day like you're supposed to!

I gained 20 yards by swinging a massive heavy broom, by the time I picked up my driver, it was so light that It was easy to increase my distance! I'm just too poor for that awesome swing trainer, I would get it if i could eh!

I have seen this over here in the UK and it's just stupidly expensive which is a shame because the concept is good now here's an idea .... What if someone could make just a golf grip and shaft that you could take to the gym to fit on the cable machine there ......?

I've spent five minutes every day, plus another 5 minutes before heading to the course using this since I put it up again a week ago tomorrow. So that's about 10 times. I think, besides strengthening the muscles you use in the swing, it helps create the muscle memory needed to hit the ball as well.

The fitter from Callaway showed me that I was casting the club early in the downswing instead of releasing it at the ball, so this should make a huge difference. I have been holding the angle until my hands get to my right leg in the exercise. I am excited to see what the results will be in a month or so.

Back